Chapter Four

Well... That Was Unexpected

 

This isn't happening…

Minjee's hands formed into fists at the sight of him and she immediately knew that this was wrong. Tightening the strap on her bag, she turned around, walking back to where she came from, hoping not to get lost in the extremely maze of a hallway. Ignoring Dongyul's shouts for her to come back, Minjee kept walking, spotting small hints to get her to the front door.

Catching sight of the large doors ahead, she heaved a sigh before she felt her arm getting pulled back.

"Stay." Dongyul told her. Minjee pulled her arm back shocked at the contact before turning back around.

"You have no where else to go." he insisted, not giving up. Minjee spun around, almost glaring at him, "What's with you wanting to make me stay?! I barely know you and you barely know me! I could be a murderer for Christ sake!" Dongyul was lost for words, only looking back at her, mouth slightly agape as he tried to think of something to say. Minjee saw no sign of answer and sighed, reaching for the door handle before the maids did.

"I know you're not like that." Dongyul said quietly, enough for her to hear.

Minjee froze, her hand an inch from the handle as his words processed through her mind. She snapped herself back to reality and turned her head to give him a side glance, "You know nothing about me."

She twisted the handle and swung the door open, a gush of wind flying through as she ran down the large steps and out into the front yard. Dongyul's guard's ran after her before catching orders from their boss.

"Leave her." Dongyul said, watching her dark silhouette as it disappeared outside of the gates. They bowed and did as they were told as Dongyul walked back into the house.

He walked into the living room, finding his sons sitting deep in thought on the couch. L stood up, glaring at him as his eyes spoke for him. Dongyul, ignoring L, looked at the rest of his sons, "Do you guys mind if one of you look for her?"

As if planned, Infinite stood up and went towards the stairs, not even bothering to give their father a second glance. Dongyul sighed, rubbing his temples.

 

 

 

 

 

"What the hell was I thinking?" Minjee mumbled to herself as she walked mindlessly across the streets. She had no idea what time it was or how long she had been walking but she reached a small park. The swings were still rocking, probably because of the wind as Minjee had her way towards them. The lights emitting the park were flickering, creating an even more dull mood as she swung on the balls of her feet. A strong gush of wind passed and Minjee shivered, stuffing her hands into the pockets of her school blazer. She lightly felt the cold object inside and gently took it out as it shone under the moonlight. Her nails traced the shape of it as memories played like a movie inside her head.

Sirens, screaming, glass shattering, darkness and the familiar feeling of getting dragged away. They haunted her. She felt herself getting dizzy and she almost fell into complete unconsciousness before she managed to close her fist around the necklace. The scenes flashed away but not before seeing a silhouette walk towards her, whispering her name.

Minjee took a quick intake of breath, finally getting control of herself. She closed her eyes, burying her face inside her hands as her breathing slowed down.

 

 

 

"...no one appeared to be inside the house at the time, although everything inside had been destroyed. Neighbours say that there lived a girl yet no one knew her enough to describe her. She still hasn't appeared and police are still finding the cause of the fire and detectives are doing everything they can to find the missing owne-"

L turned off the TV, earning complaints from his brothers. Infinite was in their upstairs lounge room that same night, not even realising how late, or early, it was.

"HEY! WE WERE WATCHING THAT!" Sungjong complained, slapping his before reaching to take the remote away from him.

"And I'm trying to sleep." L swiftly moved his hands before Sungjong could reach and squashed the remote under his body, preventing any access to it.

"Hyung!!!" the maknae whined to his brothers, pointing towards L who had snuggled closer towards his pillow.

"Aish, seriously L." Woohyun scolded him, annoyed before he caught a glimpse of the oldest. Sunggyu had one knee propped up, an arm rested on it as his eyes showed a mixture of curiosity and thought.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Woohyun asked him, catching even the attention of the sleepy head.

"It's just… The news." he spoke.

"What about it?" Hoya asked. Sunggyu looked at his brothers, eyebrows furrowed, "I don’t know. Something's just… weird." Infinite watched their oldest brother in silence, wondering what he meant. Sunggyu ran a hand through his hair, "Ah. I don’t know!" He stood up walking towards the door, "I'm going out for a bit."

"Hyung! But it's-" Sungyeol looked at the clock before his eyes widened, "HOLY . ITS THREE IN THE MORNING."

"You guys get to sleep." Sunggyu said, opening the door, "I just need fresh air."

The six other boys ignored him as they argued and blamed each other for not realising the time.

"YAH! YOU IDIOTIC BIRD BRAINED MONKEY! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU BLAMING ME!??!"

"HYUUUN NNNG! GET AWAY FROM ME!"

"NO NO NO NO NO. DON’T YOU DARE STEP ANY CLOSER YOU HYENA OF A DINOSAUR!"

Sunggyu closed the door behind him, immediately concealing the noise behind it. He grabbed a jacket and walked down the stairs in need of time alone.

 

 

"Hey, miss. Wanna join us?" a man slurred wrapping his arms around Minjee. She could smell the reeking smell of alcohol from him and his friends and cringed before pushing him away.

"Aye~ Feisty, are we?" another one spoke, smirking. The five men walked drunkenly towards her as Minjee sighed in frustration. She seriously had no time for this. She was about to speak when someone shouted.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!"

Minjee craned her neck and her breath hitched.

Police.

Not even having a second thought, she ran towards the end of the park as one of the officers caught sight of her. "Haksaeng!" he called out to her, making Minjee flinch as her legs quickened.

Hiding behind a bush, she watched as the man walked past, his head turning towards her direction as Minjee ducked reflexively. She heard footsteps coming and she panicked, her head scanning for something to do before someone abruptly covered and pulled her back. Her eyes widened and she struggle out of the grip before she caught sight of the police officer, immediately freezing in her spot. When he walked away, Minjee elbowed the person behind her and he cried out in pain. She took that chance to scramble out of her place and she saw seeing the familiar face, she had to look twice.

"Y-You…" she whispered.

Sunggyu stood up slowly as the pain eased away, "Did I scare you?" He held out a hand, offering it to her.

Minjee stared at it before standing up by herself and plastering her scowl on her face.

Sunggyu awkwardly took his hand back and scratched his nape, "You're Minjee, right?"

No answer.

Sunggyu bit his lip, not liking the silence. Something caught his eye and he brightened, reaching for the small plastic bag.

Minjee watched in curiosity as he took out two small containers of ice cream, mindlessly making her eyes twinkle. He held one out to Minjee and Sunggyu saw her gulp in temptation. Minjee noticed and coughed, looking away.

Sunggyu smiled and reached for her wrist, placing one tub on her palm, "Take it."

Minjee looked at the tub in her hand as she forced herself not to stuff the contents down . She pushed it towards him, "I don’t want it."

Just then, her stomach decided to disagree.

Sunggyu couldn’t help but chuckle, "Your stomach says otherwise." Minjee bit her lip in shame before Sunggyu took the tub from her. Thinking he decided to take it, Minjee placed her hand back to her side only for it to be pulled up again.

"Here," Sunggyu placed the now opened container back into her palms. Minjee gulped once again, noticing the flavour. Strawberry. It just had to be her favourite.

Sunggyu was about to leave when he remembered the events earlier. "Do you…" he hesitated before speaking louder, "Do you not have anywhere to go?" Minjee's attention directed to him and the question processed in her mind. She didn’t answer.

"Cause, if you don’t, you could stay with us." he told her before noticing her expression, "I mean! I mean, since- since you're- I mean we go to the same school… and all."

Her expression didn’t change.

"And it's not like you're a bad person. I m-mean-" Sunggyu groaned, frustrated at his stuttering, "Okay. I meant if you'd want to, then you could. And L, well, he's fine when you get to know him."

Minjee had to scoff at that.

Sunggyu brightened, finally getting a reaction, "So, do you want to?"

Minjee looked away, contemplating. Sunggyu smiled, grabbed her wrist and pulled her to the direction of his house, not waiting for an answer.

"H-Hey! I can walk you know!" Minjee took back her wrist and Sunggyu shrugged, leading the way.

Minjee was still in deep thought, wondering if it was fine to agree to this guy. She bumped into him as he stopped suddenly and she blinked at the spoon in front of her.

"Your ice cream's about to melt."

"Like I said, I don’t want i-" Her stomach rumbled as she silently cursed it.

Sunggyu laughed, "Just eat it. It might help you forget about your problems." He walked ahead but stopped when he heard what Minjee said.

"How do you trust me so easily?" she asked, not intending for it to reach him. Sunggyu turned around and looked at her, making Minjee flinch slightly, realising she was a bit too loud.

"With the stories about me going around and all." she added, knowing she wont be able to take it back anyway.

Silence filled the atmosphere and Minjee straightened, "Forget I said that." She walked ahead of him.

"There's no reason for me not to trust you." Sunggyu finally answered, catching up to her, "I mean, there's no reason to trust you. No offence." He put his hands up in surrender, "But you don’t seem like a bad person either."

Minjee just looked at him, trying to hide her emotions with a poker face. Sunggyu smiled again reaching to ruffle her hair but Minjee pushed his hand away.

The two stopped in that position as Minjee stepped away from him, "Just because you trust me, doesn’t mean I trust you."

Sunggyu took his hand back and walked backwards, facing her, "Well, sleeping in my house gives a little trust, right?" Minjee blinked, realising he was right and he chuckled.

"We're here."

Minjee walked inside the gates, following him. Not one light seemed to be open as they finally reached the door. He grabbed his key and opened the doors and Minjee sighed, meeting with the maze of a hallway again.

Sunggyu grabbed a pillow and blanket before giving it to Minjee, "Sorry if the couch is all you can have for now. It's a bit late to wake one of them up."

Minjee took the things and sat on the couch, looking at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu blinked before understanding, "Ah! Yes, I'll be going then."

He walked towards the stairs as Minjee hesitatingly lay down, fighting the tiredness that almost took over her.

Sunggyu gave her one last look and smiled, "Good night, Minjee." 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ewl. Ewl. Ewl. Crap chapter, i know. But yeah... 

And i'm thinking of having Seventeen as characters here... Not too sure though. Do any of you know them? I. AM. ADDICTED. And they haven't een debuted. *sigh* Fangirl life. 

 

Anyway, please read my one shot I made for my friend! It's my first so it probably wont be that good.

[CLICK]

Thanks for reading and subscribing! ^^