Chapter One

Well... That Was Unexpected

It was 10:00 in the morning and Minjee was still trudging her way to school. She had her hands in her tattered blazer, her head staring at her worn out shoes and she was walking at an extremely slow pace. The sun seemed like it was giving off all its heat on her and she felt even more tired than she already was.
Reaching the closed gates, she felt all of that disappear as she saw the one person that could actually get under her skin. He turned around and his eyes immediately landed on her.
"Minjee." "S"
L frowned,  "It's L!" Minjee rolled her eyes and jumped the gates, fixing her bag strap when she landed. L jumped after her, making sure to keep a distance.
"Ooh. Look who we have here."
A deep voice made the pair look up instantly. There, stood an unfamiliar teacher, shirt tucked in and tie loose, walking straight towards them.
"Detention for the both of you an- M-Mr K-Kim…" he cut himself off stuttering as he finally realized who L was. The teacher bowed to him, "I'll l-let you p-pass. Y-you're not t-that late."
Minjee's jaw dropped to the floor as L smirked at her reaction. For things like this, he forgot that he was using his status to get away with things because all that was on his mind was annoying Minjee.
L bowed to the man and walked towards the building, not forgetting to send Minjee a mocking look. Minjee glared at the back of his head before her attention got directed to a familiar student behind.
"She was with me."
L turned around, hearing a new voice and his head tilted at the unfamiliar student. Blonde hair, neat uniform but a somewhat threatening look on his face. He stood right next to Minjee and looked at the teacher.
"She was late cause of me." he stated. The teacher gulped, knowing who the student was, "B-But Mr Lee. S-She came b-befo-" "I don’t care. She was with me." the student grabbed Minjee's wrist and pulled her away, not waiting for a response.
Minjee, feeling uncomfortable with the contact, tried to pull away, but the boy kept his grip, passing by the confused L.
When the pair reached the building, the boy let go and looked at Minjee a bit too closely.
"Are you okay?" he asked, a gentle gaze on her. Minjee moved her head back as the familiar looking boy moved his forward.
"Y-Yeah…Thanks." she mumbled, the new word sounding weird rolling off her tongue. The boy smiled, noticing her tensed actions.
"L.Joe by the way." he gave her a small eye smile before walking away.
Minjee watched him walk away with furrowed eyebrows, wondering where she had seen him before.


It was lunch period and Minjee's class was rushing out of the classroom, trying to be first in the cafeteria. In a second, Minjee was alone in the classroom, still fast asleep as she quietly snored.

Through the empty halls was one boy that had a bottle of strawberry milk in his hand, silently walking. Reaching a room, he peeked through the window and softly smiled seeing the fragile figure sleeping soundlessly. Opening the classroom door, he looked at the bottle in his hand, throwing it in the air slightly before he caught it with a smile. With his other hand in his pocket, he walked towards the figure and crouched down to level with her face. Propping his hands on the desk, he rested his chin on them, his eyes warmly scanning her face. He lifted a hand up and ever so gently her hair. She stirred in her sleep and he smiled as her eyebrows cutely creased. Sighing in content, he stood up again and placed the strawberry milk on her desk. Walking back to the door, he looked back once at the sleeping figure before leaving the classroom.

 

"Hyung! Where do you want to go today?" Sungjong asked his brothers, tugging on Myungsoo's arm. It was the end of the day and Infinite was joining the crowd of students trying to get out as soon as possible.
"We cant go anywhere today. Dong Yul's picking us up." Sunggyu said, blinking at the text he got.
Infinite turned to him in surprise, not believing what their leader just said. Sunggyu looked up from his phone and gave them a shrug, feeling the same way.
"I'm not going." L announced, stuffing his hands into his pocket before walking ahead.
"L!" Sungyeol called out to him as the latter ignored and continued walking.
A car pulled up in front of L making him step back in shock. A man in his mid-forties came out of the front and smiled at him as well as Infinite who were coming towards the car. L rolled his eyes and looked away, feeling disgusted.
"Why are you picking us up?" Dongwoo asked him.
The man smiled at him before clapping his hands together once, "I decided I should be picking you up once in a while. You need to bond with your dad!"
All seven of them gagged a little at the sentence and L had to cough the taste away.
"Get in boys!" he said cheerfully before Sunggyu opened the car door. Infinite slowly piled in, Woohyun having to pull L inside.


Minjee was walking out of the gates casually and felt someone looking at her. She stopped in her tracks as she looked up, meeting eyes with a man. He continued to look at her as her eyebrows furrowed in wonder. He looked away in thought before climbing onto his car, leaving Minjee watching as the vehicle drove off.


"MINJEE! COULD YOU GET THAT ORDER?!"
"MINJEE! TAKE THIS TO TABLE 6!"
"MINJEE! TABLE 3 WANTS A REFLL!"
"MINJEE! THE SOUP'S OVERFLOWING!"
Minjee rushed to every employee that called her and finished each job before they even had time to blink. Beads of sweat tricked down hder forehead as she took an order at the counter before leaning against it, feeling a migraine coming along. Her boss came along, realizing her stress and patted her shoulder, "Go home early. You still have school tomorrow." Minjee looked up at her and nodded, wanting to rest as well. She went back to the staff room and changed out of her work clothes, leaving her in her uniform.
She bowed to her boss before leaving the restaurant, her eyes already drooping. She stuffed her hands in her pocket and felt a hard item inside. She took it out and a small smile reached her lips. Strawberry milk. She stuck the straw inside and sipped on it, her eyes closing as she tasted the amazing flavour. The first thing she had eaten today. Taking the straw out of , she realized she had drank all in one go. She threw the bottle in a nearby bin and continued to walk home. Looking around, there were quite a lot of people, so she decided taking the short cut would be safe enough. She turned into a dark alley, dragging her feet as she went before she abruptly stopped, feeling a shadow cross over her. Shuffling and quiet footsteps were heard behind her and she quickly turned around, seeing nothing. She gulped before she decided to run the rest of the way back. Slowly pivoting her feet, she took a deep breath before sprinting a bee line to her house. Reaching her door, she listened once again and sighed in relief when she heard nothing at all. Opening her house door, she stepped in and collapsed on her sofa, immediately drifting off to sleep.

Outside, a man in a black suit stepped out from the shadows, taking his phone out.
"Sir? I found out where she lived."

The other line hung up the phone and a black car pulled up in front of the man. Taking one glance at the house, he stepped in and the car drove off, leaving nothing but silence throughout the neighbourhood. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter one is up! I haven't finished Voice Of My Heart but since my other story is on hiatus, i can update this one! :) Hehe. A lot happened in this chapter.... 

Thanks for subscribing and commenting! <3