Chapter Two

Well... That Was Unexpected

 

 

(A/N: This is just a chapter to show how they met).

 

The sound of a suitcase getting pulled across the airport floor joined the rest of the noises as L walked towards the exit. He was wearing a plain white V-neck with black jeans and shoes with the same colour. The automatic doors opened for him and he stopped with a smile, removing his sunglasses.

"Ah~ Korea." he breathed out, feeling the comfort of his home country. He was interrupted by the ringing of his phone and he frowned instantly, taking it out.

"BWOH!?" he yelled into the phone, grabbing the attention of the people around him. A second later, he jerked his head back from his phone, the other line shouting unbelievably loud at him. When he couldn’t hear anything from his distance, he slowly placed the phone back against his ear.

"Hyung?" he quietly spoke, preparing to flinch. Shuffling was heard on the other line and L straightened slightly, curious to what was happening.

"Oh. L. Where are you?" a familiar voice was heard, different to before. "Woohyun hyung? What happened to Sunggyu hyung?" L asked.

"Oh. Him? He's getting held back by the others. I think he wants to kill you," L could hear Woohyun mumbling a 'Why'd you have to be informal', making him chuckle.

"Anyway… Where are you?" his hyung continued.

"In front of the airport. You coming to pick me up?" L said, shifting his weight to a leg.

"Uh. Yeah. But I'll be late." Woohyun answered. L squinted his eyes, "How late?"

Woohyun forced a coughed on the other side, "Um. Really late. To be exact… 3 hours late."

L's eyes bulged out of their sockets at the extremely long period of time, "BWOH!? THAT MUCH!?"

Woohyun uncomfortably chuckled, "Well… We're kinda in Jeju. And our flight isn't until 2 hours from now."

L sighed angrily, really wanting to blow up, "Fine. I'll be at the café."

"Good." Woohyun said happily, "Don’t go wherever though!"

L rolled his eyes, "Don’t count on it."

"Yah! Don’t. You always find yourself in trouble when you do that." Woohyun told him.

"Fine. Fine. Whatever. I'm hanging up." L said carelessly before ending the call.

L sighed before spotting a nearby restaurant and deciding to go there instead.

He opened the glass doors and stepped inside, clutching onto the handle of his suitcase with one hand.

Red carpet, uniformed waiters, chandeliers, classical music, a grand piano and well dressed men and women.

L made a face at the place in front of him, "What the heck?" A waitress walked towards him, a large clown smile plastered on her face, making L step back in fright.

"A table for one?" her high pitched voice spoke as L nodded hesitantly, wanting to get away.

"Over here please." her hands motioned towards a table at the back before walking towards it, her hands in an awkward position. L gulped before slowly following her. When they reached the table, the waitress turned around sharply as L stumbled back a bit, seeing the creepy smile again.

"Here's your menu." she said. L sat down in his seat as she opened the velvet coloured menu in front of her. The girl bowed before walking away. L's eyes followed her as she went up to new customers and he chuckled, seeing they had the same reaction as he did.

He directed his eyes back to the menu before they bulged out of their sockets. As rich as he is, the prices were still out of his extent and he immediately shut the book, not wanting to get a migraine.

The slow music played as L tapped his fingers in boredom. He felt his eyes slowly drooping and he shook his head a few times to stay awake.

After a while, not able to take it anymore, he stood up out of his seat and walked tiredly towards a random door in the back of the restaurant. Hearing a loud group of voices from the other side of the door getting louder and louder, he quickly hid before the nearby wall. The doors flew open as piles and piles of people in white clothes came rushing out and towards the back door. L sighed in relief and walked back towards the door, repeatedly looking at the back door as he did.

He blinked as he saw frying pans, chopping boards, pots and knives of all sorts inside the room. There was a lone girl running around, throwing chopped vegetables into 6 pots and trying to mix all of them at once as she tasted and added.

His head tilted as he watched her movements and, not knowing why, he started walking towards her, his suitcase silently getting pulled behind him.

She suddenly turned around and bumped into him, making the both of them get off balanced. Grabbing anything to keep him stable, L took hold of the nearby handle of a pot, making it drop to the floor with him, all its contents spilling on top of him. She managed to keep stable but slipped on the soup that fell to the ground, holding on to the nearest thing; an opened bottle of cooking oil.

The two yelped repeatedly as they did their best to stand up, only to bring one more thing to the pile of mess on the floor. L, having enough, stood up, with the help of the counter and slammed his hand down, only to hit a knife's handle. It sprung up and dangerously turned in the air.

The door flew open and in came people holding boxes. Eyes widening at the mess in front of them, one was about to speak up, only to find a knife hurling right at him. He ducked instantly, the knife just getting past him as it landed on the door behind. Eyes full of burning anger, he dropped the box, "KWON MINJEE!"

 

 

 

"Get out of here and don’t you dare show your face to me again!"

Minjee flinched as her boss shut the back door harshly, leaving her alone as the evening breeze flew by. Taking deep breaths, she tried to calm herself down, only to cry out, "AISH!"

The door flew open again and came flying out was L, followed by his suitcase. The door was shut harsher than before but Minjee was occupied at glaring at the boy in front of her that she didn’t even notice it.

L stood up, wiping the invisible dirt off him. "Aish.. What the hell…" he mumbled in annoyance.

"YAH!"

L flinched at the loud voice before he turned around, meeting with the fiercest eyes ever. Minjee stormed towards him and glared right in front of his face before stepping back. L smirked, thinking she gave up straight away, "What? Can't hu- AH!"

His sentence was cut off as Minjee hit him square in the face. He landed on the floor, holding his throbbing nose. "WHAT THE ?!" he shouted, standing up. Minjee didn’t even blink as she continued to glare at him.

"WHAT THE IS YOUR PROBLEM!?!" L fiercely asked, standing right in front of her.

"What's my problem?" Minjee scoffed, "I GOT FIRED. THAT’S MY PROBLEM!"

"AND THAT'S MY FAULT?!" L pointed to himself angrily.

"NO ! WHO TOLD YOU TO COME INTO THE KITCHEN?!" Minjee screamed.

"JUST GET A ING NEW JOB. IT'S NOT THAT HARD!" L told her, utterly annoyed.

Minjee forced herself not to loose herself, knowing that it wont end well. L looked at her, surprised at her silence.

"Easy for you to say." she said, poison in her voice, "I hate ing bastards like you."

And with that, she walked away from him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hello~ As I said, this was just a chapter to let you guys know how they met. The story will continue in the next chapter. :)

Anyway... WHO LOVES HUNHAN HERE!?!? I DO!!! THEYRE TOO CUTE! <3

     

          

THANKS FOR SUBCRIBING AND COMMENTING! SARANGHAE~ <3