Chapter Two

Like Clapping with One Hand

 

“C’mon Zoey! It’s been a week!”

“Get lost Simon!” She said in exasperation.

“You said if I win you’re gonna rent a motel room for me! I won remember?”

Zoey her heels and narrowed her eyes at Simon. “Ok first of all, I never specified when I’m going to rent a room for you. I didn't know you’re that desperate for a girl Simon. And second of all, you cheated!”

“I did not cheat!” Simon exclaimed, the camera dangling from his neck swaying slightly. “I won fair and square!”

“You cheated dude! Not only did you trip me over, you also gave me this humongous bruise on my knee! Thanks to you, I now won’t be able to walk freely for the next week!” Zoey fumed. “I suggest you get out of my face now. I got enough crap from the boss, I don't need any more from you!”

“What? Did that fat bald guy yell at you? I thought you’re his favourite!” Simon said, shocked.

“It doesn’t matter Simon, I’m still just an employee. I didn't write that article the way he wanted it so yeah, I probably deserved it.” Zoey shrugged.

“Aww...” Simon said as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. “Zoey, do you want me to beat the hell out of him?”

Zoey raised her eyebrow at him. “Do you want to get fired? You do know that you’re here only because of me right? If it wasn’t for me, he would’ve kicked your out of this company months ago!”

“I know! But I just can’t stand him!”

“But without him, you’d probably be on the street without a job or a place to stay in, so be a little more thankful will you?” Zoey said as she looked through the photos.

Simon growled under his breath and sat on the seat opposite her. “I hate you. Must you always be so sensible and uptight all the time? Can’t you have fun just a little?”

“Simon, if we both have fun, we’ll be homeless and we’ll die of starvation.” Zoey replied, not looking up from the photos she was looking at.

“Ok ok! Man, you’re such a party pooper.” Simon said just as a female employee in a tight short skirt passed by. He winked at her and stood up. “Zoey, I’m gonna go get something to drink.” He added.

Zoey rolled her eyes. She knew exactly what that meant. She grabbed onto his arm before he could walk away. “I swear if I catch you in the pantry or supply room again, I’ll have the boss kick you out, and I mean it this time.”

“Don't worry! I won’t get caught this time.” He said with a smirk.

“Yah! Where are you going?” She shouted to his retreating back.

“The girl’s room!” He replied without looking back.

Zoey blew at her bangs in annoyance and shook her head. He was going to kill her someday, she just knew it. How many times has she covered for him when the boss was asking for him? How many times did she wait for him to finish his rendezvous with a girl before they can actually go home? How many times did he cancel dinner plans with her so he can go out with one of his girls? Luckily for her though, he never brought any of them home. It was her house that he was staying in after all...

She was not jealous, no... She was far from it. She honestly did not see what other girls saw in him... But, sometimes, she just missed his presence. She missed spending time with him at home, she missed having dinners with him, she missed going out to the movies with him... She shook her head once again. She was being silly, she just knew it.

She eyed the clock on the wall and gasped in surprise. It was almost time for her to do that interview with SukWon, the famous footballer! Her face lit up with a smile as she ran her fingers through her hair. She had adored him ever since he joined the national football team. Not to mention, he was the epitome of a perfect man.

She opened her drawer and took out the lipstick stored inside. She had forgotten when she bought it, she rarely ever wore it. But today, she was going to meet one of her idols and she was not, under any circumstances, gonna look like a wreck.

She tapped her foot impatiently as her call once again went to voicemail. Where the hell was he? Why wasn’t he here yet? It was almost time for the interview! She saw him walking towards her a few minutes later and she narrowed her eyes as she took in his dishevelled hair and crumpled shirt.

“Dude seriously? During office hours?!?” She shrieked as soon as he stood in front of her.

He smiled sheepishly at her. “She seduced me.”

“What the... You know what, we don’t have time for this! It’s almost time for the interview and we’re supposed to be at his office in 10 minutes! Hurry up will you?” She shouted again.

“Ouch. No need to shout. I can hear you perfectly fine.” Simon said, picking up his camera from the desk and fixing his shirt.

“Just shut up. I am so pissed at you right now.” Zoey snapped before making her way out the door.

“Aww c’mon, what the hell did I do wrong?” Simon whined in the car as they drove towards SukWon’s office.

“Nothing. You didn't do anything wrong. Just get us to his office as fast as possible.” Zoey said, not bothering to look at him.

He tried again. “You let your hair down today. You never do when we go to these interviews. Care to tell me why?”

“I... just feel like it.”

He raised his eyebrow at her. “Just feel like it? Really? Or is it because you have a crush on SukWon?”

Her eyes widened in surprise and she gasped. “How’d you know that?”

It was Simon’s turn to be surprised. “I’m right?” He asked with a laugh. “It was just a complete guess. Oh God, you have a crush on SukWon!”

“Shut up! So what if I do? Keep your eyes on the road and drive faster will you?!” Zoey exclaimed loudly.

Simon parked the car once they arrived and turned to look at Zoey before she could climb down, a cheeky smile on his face.

“What now?” Zoey sighed.

“Lipstick Zoey? I didn't know you wear makeup. By the way, you got some on your teeth.” He grinned before getting out of the car.

Her jaw dropped open. She wanted to hit him. She wanted to knock the living daylights out of him... One day, one day she’ll do just that and it’ll feel good... really good. 



 

Chapter Posted: May. 17. 2013

Ahhh! Sorry for this late update!!!! I've had such a busy semester! I'm on my sem break now so hopefully I can continue and finish this story within the break! Anyways, hope you guys like this chapter!!!!! =D By the way, SukWon is Jang SukWon, the guy that's going to marry Baek JiYoung. I think he's cute. Just watched him in Rooftop Prince! Hahaha... Enjoy reading people! And please, if you can, do comment! =D And thanks for subscribing! Much love! ^^