Minho

You make my life complete [Sequel to MISTAKE]

 

2/3

(FLASHBACK)

 

“Okay! 1..2..3..4..5..6..7—wait, stop! Stop!”                          

 

The tango music which filled the famous dance practice room of SM Entertainment abruptly stopped and from the look on the choreographer’s face this wasn’t the first time he told the two idols to stop.

 

The professional instructor placed his hands on his hips and sighed. “Where’s that chemistry I saw on television? Minho, you’re the man, you should lead Yuri. Yuri, you should be submissive since the man leads dances.”

 

Yuri muttered words under her breath as she stepped away from Minho. They were practicing for a special dance number the new CEO got them to perform. They were to do a special tango dance at some program for 30 seconds and obviously the choreographer’s getting heated with their lack of commitment.

 

‘What’s wrong with her? She’s supposed to work well with me.’ Minho thought to himself. ‘We have to be professional in front of the choreographer. Why is she behaving like this?’

 

“I’ll give you ten minutes to fix your chemistry.” The choreographer said. Yuri immediately went out of the room and Minho followed after her. He closed the door behind him and saw Yuri walking away. “Yuri!”

 

“Don’t talk to me, Minho.” She shouted back.

 

Minho groaned and ran after her. He turned her around and she crossed her arms. “Are you happy now?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Don’t play innocent with me, Choi Minho!” she glared. “You agreed with this performance because you wanted to take me for granted using skinship.”

 

“Kwon Yuri,” Minho sighed, trying to keep his temper down. “I agreed on doing the tango dance because it’s what the new CEO told us to do. I never thought about taking you for granted with skinship, besides, dancing together requires skinship. Did you really think I’m that kind of guy? Have you seen a dance couple dance tango without touching each other?”

 

Yuri fell speechless. She knew Minho was right but he didn’t give her any chance to speak; he walked back into the practice room.

 

“Hyung only gave us a ten minute break.” Minho reminded her before going in. ‘I can’t believe she said those words to me! How could you, Yuri? If you only knew how those words have stung me. If only you knew how hard this is for me, too. It’s hard dancing with you when we have this tension from the past and it’s obvious you’re still hurting from the heartbreak I caused.’

 

Minho drank from his water bottle and Yuri came back, her head held up as if nothing happened outside. Minho noticed her change of aura and sighed. ‘Time to act professional again.’

 

“Okay, let’s start from the top.” The choreographer clicked on a remote button and the music played. Minho and Yuri went to the center of the room and surprised the choreographer by executing the steps almost perfectly.

 

“That’s better!” he praised. “Now if the two of you only take the tension to zero and the chemistry to 100, this performance will be perfect!”

 

----

 

On the day of recording, the fans were cheering loudly. They were informed by SM that their beloved Minyul will be performing tango and they immediately went to the SBS recording studio.

 

Minho was told to wait for Yuri outside her dressing room and his eyes went wide after seeing her all prepped up. He knew that she’s beautiful but he would always get taken aback after seeing her in stage costume, not that he wouldn’t while she’s in comfortable attire.

 

Yuri walked passed him and he shook his head out from the trance. He followed her backstage and the PD signaled them to go onstage for the recording. Minho held out his hand and Yuri stared at it.

 

“Take my hand, Yuri.” Minho said. “There are a lot of fans today so let us do this perfectly, please. For them.”
 

Yuri sighed and placed her hand on his. “We’ve been doing this for years now. Acting in front of them will be a piece of cake.”

 

Minho let her to the center of the stage and the fans erupted in loud cheers. They loved their costumes and looks that they gave Minho and Yuri the strength to perform perfectly in one take.

 

From the first dance step to the last pose, Minho had looked at her with honest passion and longing but she hadn’t noticed since her mind and eyes were focused on the dance.

 

 

Yuri was focusing on the camera… while Minho’s eyes were on her.

 

 

(END OF FLASHBACK)

 

**********

 

(Present – 2013)

 

In the SHINee dorm, the boys were sitting on the floor watching a soccer game. Onew sat beside Taemin in the middle, carrying a huge bowl of popcorn while the others sat around them. They had been very exhausted from their goodbye stage for ‘Dream Girl’ and now it’s time for them to rest. Key and Jonghyun were bickering who got the most screen time while Onew focused on eating the popcorn he made.

 

Taemin looked at Minho beside him and raised a brow. “Minho hyung, it’s unlike you to zone out while watching soccer.”

 

Minho blinked and stared at Taemin. “I wasn’t zoning out, Taem.”

 

“Then why were you staring blankly at the tv screen?”

 

“I was thinking about something.” Minho sighed. Watching soccer brings me pain every time. During that time I flew to London to watch the soccer match? I actually felt bad for going there… I remembered the promise Yuri and I made when we were still together. We promised each other that we’ll watch a soccer game in the future right there in London and what did I do? I went there alone. Killing myself in more guilt and regret.

 

Taemin chuckled, crossing his arms. “Then it still counts as zoning out since I’m very sure you weren’t thinking about the soccer game.”

 

Minho shoved Taemin playfully. “Ya, Lee Taemin. Since when have you been this sharp?”

 

“Oh please, hyung.” Taemin scoffed. “I have four very good role models.”

 

“Shhh, quiet you kids!” Onew groaned. “I’m watching a game here.”

 

“Hyung, can we change the channel?” Jonghyun suggested.

 

“Transfer it to Lifestyle Newtork!” Key exclaimed. “I think Kerri’s new collection will be on the runway today.”

 

“Watch that in Youtube, Kibum.” Jonghyun stuck out a tongue. “I’m watching a music show.”

 

“Onew hyung!” Key grabbed Onew’s arm. “Please transfer the channel to Lifestyle Network!”

 

“ANDWAE!!” Jonghyun objected, grabbing Onew’s other arm.

 

“YAH!” Onew struggled. “If you both keep this up, my bowl of popcorn will spill and I will turn the TV off and put you all to bed early!”

 

Key and Jongyun glared at each other but released their grip on poor dubu leader. Onew sighed and looked at Taemin. “What do you want to watch, Taem?”

 

The maknae shrugged his shoulders. “Just flip channels, hyung. We might land on one interesting channel.”

 

“Okay.” Onew picked up the remote from his lap and went through the different channels of their cable television. While Onew was busy, Jonghyun and Key discreetly bickered behind his back and Taemin sighed. “I have idiots for hyungs.”

 

Minho chuckled and crossed his arms. When he closed his eyes, it was her face he saw. Yuri…

 

Taemin nudged his hyung’s arm with his elbow and grinned. “Oh, by the way, hyung. How are you and Yuri noona?”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“How is the Minyul couple?” he winked and blinked his eyes innocently at his hyung. Minho’s heartbeat tripled but he cleared his throat and looked at Taemin. “Oh, the onscreen chemistry thing between us? We’re both doing fine.”

 

Taemin sighed and shook his head. “You know hyung, I can’t help but notice how you look at Yuri noona both onscreen and offscreen.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Minho shifted on the floor uneasily.

 

“There’s something in the way you look at her, hyung.” Taemin remarked. “Since the day Lee Soo Man told you to have an onscreen chemistry with noona until today with the new CEO… I noticed that you look at her with pure honesty and sincerity. It’s been what? Five years of Minyul couple chemistry already…Do you still love her, hyung?”

 

“Stop talking nonsense, Taemin.” Minho knocked the maknae’s head. “You’ve been watching too much drama and it’s eating up your brain, separating you from reality.”

 

“I’m serious, hyung.” Taemin sighed. “But were you really pretending with Yuri noona onscreen?”

 

“Of-of course! I---”

 

Taemin interrupted his hyung and raised a hand in front of Minho’s face. “You can fool the whole South Korea, hyung, but you can never fool SHINee.”

 

“I’m going to bed first.” Minho sighed and stood up. The members stared at him as he went inside their room. Onew nudged Taemin. “Ya, what happened to him?”

 

Taemin shrugged his shoulders and feigned ignorance but deep inside his mind he knew that his hyung is still in love with Yuri.

 

*****

Meanwhile inside his room, Minho lay on his bed and closed his eyes. Why did I break your heart, Yuri? When you were the only one who could complete me? I was an immature jerk for dumping you…

 

I didn’t notice that it had already been 5 years of our Minyul onscreen chemistry.

 

Were you pretending onscreen? Because I…

 

********

 

The next morning, Minho felt his mattress move as if someone was sitting on the foot of the bed. His eyes slowly opened and he looked at the person sitting beside his feet. “Hyung…”

 

“Minho.” Onew smiled at him. “How have you been?”

 

Minho wanted to lie and tell his hyung that he’s fine but he also knew he couldn’t deceive their leader. Even though Onew looked like he’s a pushover member in the group, he really isn’t. The members respect him so much due to his sharpness and kindness. Onew would tactfully remind them of their mistakes and at the same time, yield when he makes mistakes himself.

 

Minho sat up and crossed his legs. “Sigh. Hyung… I don’t know what to do anymore.”

 

“Go talk to her, Minho.”

 

Minho looked at his hyung as if he grew 9 heads. “But hyung! You know how she acts when I’m around. She ignores me, hyung! I don’t think she’d listen to me if I wanted to speak with her.”

 

“Have you actually tried?” Onew asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Which was when exactly?”

 

“Five years ago after Soo Man told us to play the Minyul act for the fans.”

 

“Did the ‘talk’ with her go well?”

 

“No.”

 

“Did you try talking to her again?”

 

Minho frowned and looked down at his lap. “No, hyung.”

 

Onew smiled and stood up. “I know and I see that you still want her back, Minho. Maybe the reason why she avoids you completely is because she’s still hurt from when you broke up with her. Remember you told me that you just broke up with her?”

 

Minho slowly nodded.

 

“Talk to her. Make her understand why you broke up with her and tell her how much of a jerk you were for doing that.”

 

Minho watched as Onew opened the door of their room and looked back. “Tell her how much she still means to you, Minho. You could at least give yourself one last chance to make things right again."

 

___________________________

if you're a bit unsatisfied with Minho's POV here, don't worry because I reserved the most of it for the third part ..

some guys aren't vocal like Key, right? ;D

 

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING!! :)

 

*now I'm pressured to do well in the third part*

HAHAHA

 

<3