Ten Things

Ten Things

 

Ten things that Xiumin doesn’t like:

 

1.       When the people around him start speaking in rapid Mandarin and he’s trying his best to catch up but still doesn’t understand much except bits and pieces of the conversation. At which point, he wants to literally bang his head to the ground because even after everything, he still feels left behind, even more alone than ever and instead of struggling to comprehend the subject of the exchanges, he can’t help but just shut everything out and it all up like the mature guy everyone thinks he is.

 

2.       When Luhan is being Luhan and constantly flits around the guys in the group like a social butterfly, and Xiumin doesn’t like the way his eyes surreptitiously follow the Chinese boy’s every move, anticipating his turn. He is the last person Luhan always approaches and talks with. He hopes the phrase; save the best for last is a good explanation for this.

 

3.       When hosts and emcees are rude to anybody in EXO. He knows he’s a good sport and he can definitely take a fair amount of jesting and cajoling but he’s also old enough to recognize when the invisible line is crossed, when people start picking on their individual idiosyncrasies, on their perceived shortcomings and even something as petty as their appearances and he can’t help but ask if all those years of severe training, of exerted blood, sweat and tears are really worth it in the end. Most likely, all of them are thinking the exact same thing while standing on stage, faking a smile and reining their anger in, because hell, idols aren’t supposed to be upset, didn’t you hear?

 

4.       When the EXO-M boys refuse to be woken up at an ungodly hour in the morning and he doesn’t even have it in him to pour freezing cold water on them because in more ways than one, they still are just young boys who need regular sleep because heaven knows, they haven’t been getting much of it lately.

 

5.       When Jongdae isn’t given the proper recognition that he rightfully deserves just because according to ridiculous and absurd standards, his looks merely border on okay and okay just won’t cut it in this industry, especially when you’re standing next to Wu Fan or Luhan. Xiumin just wants to fling himself to the nearest cliff every time Jongdae bravely puts on a happy grin while the fans are busy handing countless gifts to the other members whose hands are already more than full. He would nudge the younger boy with his elbow and whisper, it’s okay, I didn’t get much either, while gesturing to the equally meager quantity of sweets in his possession. Jongdae would just giggle quietly but Xiumin cannot bring himself to laugh with him because the situation stays pretty much the same and the world is still unfair.

 

6.       When the HunHan ship is “sailing”, according to outlandish posts in Tumblr. Because duh. Sehun’s in K. Luhan’s in M. Enough said.

 

7.       When the fans get insensitive and congratulate him for losing weight and gush about how he’s their number 1 bias now because he’s cuter and thinner. He doesn’t even dwell on the little of jolt of offense their words give him but instead wonders if their fanclub is just made up of post-pubescent girls who think too much about the physical trappings and if they truly love them or just their idea of them.

 

8.       When he catches sight of bruises. He’s seen enough of the ugly discolorations on his own body, especially during killer and non-stop practices but what kills him is seeing those contusions on the other members’ bodies. Especially on Yixing, on Jongin, on the other main dancers. He tries not to think about Luhan.

 

9.       When all of it becomes too much, when he can’t even cry because he’s very, very exhausted and dehydrated and depressed because he friggin’ misses his family and he’s suffering from a major headache but but but they still have a dozen guestings, shows and concerts and engagements where they all have to be at their best and how exactly can he be at his best when he’s just dying inside?

 

10.   When Luhan takes his hand in the dead of night and tells him it’s okay, that they will go through all of it and if they’re having a difficult time, at least they’re having a difficult time together. Xiumin bitterly asks him if that’s supposed to be a good thing and Luhan smiles, that special smile reserved only for Xiumin, and says of course, each other is all we have right now.

 

And Xiumin doesn’t like it because he knows Luhan is right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


OMG. It's more Xiumin-centric than Xiuhan. Sorry. The words and thoughts just ran away from me but don't worry because there will be other Ten Things about Xiumin, Luhan or Xiuhan and just anything about these two. 

Have a nice day! =)