Ten Things

Ten Things

 

 

Ten things Lu Han doesn’t know about Xiumin:

 

1.       Xiumin sings to ward off homesickness. He sings Korean songs with an overpowering combination of ardor and nostalgia that sometimes drives him into tears mid-chorus.

 

2.       It is only during when Lu Han joins him in the singing that Xiumin is not overcome with sadness. Instead, he is filled with a healing realization that as the two of them pronounce each word and melody, he is certain that as long as Lu Han is beside him, anywhere in the world is a place he can call home.

 

3.       Xiumin feels giddy inside every time Lu Han calls him baozi. It hasn’t escaped him that Lu Han hasn’t invented any nicknames for the other members.

 

4.       Sports is not Xiumin’s thing. But when Lu Han invites him to play soccer during their free time, he decides he doesn’t mind getting sweaty if it means spending time with the other boy.

 

5.       He has to bite down the ridiculous urge to smile like a giant idiot whenever Lu Han holds his hand out of the blue. Instead, Xiumin settles for a nonchalant facial expression when inside his head, he is practically dancing and singing MAMA out of pure unadulterated bliss.

 

6.       He sometimes gets upset that despite the fact that he is older than Lu Han, albeit only a few weeks, the naughty Chinese who can very well speak Korean doesn’t call him hyung.

 

7.       Xiumin likes to watch Lu Han dance. When Lay and Lu Han practice the Two Moons routine, he often finds himself wanting to be in Lay’s place and be the one dancing with the doe-eyed boy even for once.

 

8.       He has to feign irritation each time there is a thunderstorm and Lu Han would transfer to his bed, pouting how he’s scared of thunder and couldn’t sleep without someone beside him. Xiumin would pretend to be exasperated every time that would happen but he doesn’t protest when Lu Han cuddles against him and finally falls into deep slumber.

 

9.       Xiumin knows it when Lu Han is angry and when Lu Han’s smiles are fake and forced. He doesn’t know how but he just does. Even weirder is the fact that he is the only one, out of all the members, who seems to perceive it.

 

10.   He initially resented being placed into EXO-M instead of EXO-K. But because of Lu Han’s friendship and Lu Han himself, Xiumin realizes that debuting in EXO-M is perhaps the best thing that’s ever happened to him.

 

 

Ten things Xiumin doesn’t know about Lu Han:

 

1.       Lu Han likes to listen to Xiumin singing in Korean. Xiumin can now sing fluently in Mandarin but when he sings in his own native language, he feels that Xiumin’s feelings are effortlessly being brought out into the open.

 

2.       There are times he joins in with Xiumin because as much as he likes listening to Xiumin’s soothing voice, Lu Han can’t help but think that when the two of them sing together, their voices blending and mingling with one another, it gets even better.

 

3.       He actually gets pissed when other people call Xiumin baozi. He was the one who made that nickname for him so he doesn’t like it when others pile up on that. The pet name was supposed to be only between him and Xiumin but now, it’s being treated as a joke. He is currently thinking of other names for Xiumin and this time, he’ll make sure not to make the mistake of spilling it to the meddlesome outside world.

 

4.       He doesn’t miss the look of hesitation on Xiumin’s face every time he invites him to play soccer but Lu Han quietly heaves a sigh of relief when Xiumin finally caves in and gets up. Besides, Lu Han couldn’t think of a more brilliant idea to spend his free time than playing his favorite sport with his favorite person in the world.

 

5.        When Lu Han holds Xiumin’s hand, he would furtively wait for a reaction out of the guy but the only thing he ever gets, and he wonders at this, is that Xiumin would just softly hum the tune of MAMA all of a sudden.

 

6.       Hyung is something he’ll never ever call Xiumin. Hyung means “older brother”, right? Lu Han isn’t sure if that’s the kind of relationship he is aiming for.

 

7.      Every time he and Lay would practice dancing Two Moons, he couldn’t stop himself from imagining that Xiumin is the one he is doing the number with. It wasn’t a comment on Lay’s dancing. Lay was a great dancer. Lu Han just thinks he would enjoy it more to have Xiumin dance with him than just have Xiumin watch him from the sidelines.

 

8.       Lu Han loves thunderstorms because he can pretend to be afraid of thunder as an excuse to cozy up with Xiumin during rainy nights. The older boy would tell him off but in the end, he would still allow him snuggle privileges.

 

9.       Lu Han is an expert in hiding his innermost feelings. Especially the negative ones. Yet he is thankful when Xiumin is there for him at the exact same time he badly needs someone to talk to. He is beginning to have suspicions if Xiumin is the one person who actually sees right through him.

 

10.   He has always tried his best to help Xiumin cope with the pressures and demands of debuting in a different country. Mostly, he does it because of concern and care but also because of a weird feeling of accountability. After all, utterly selfish as it may sound, he was the one who stormed heaven with prayers asking that Xiumin would have his debut in whichever group he was also in.