Birthday?

With Him

As requested by Khun_Toria :)

Sorry, I forgot to post it yesterday. Belated happy birthday!


Warm hands covered her eyes as they walked on, excitement building up inside her. All of a sudden, the hands vanished and she saw him standing in front of her, a bouquet of red and white roses in his hands. He smiled. "Happy birthday, Sunhye."

 

She sat up the bed, perfect recall of the dream making her smile. Well, happy birthday to me, she said to herself, heading to the kitchen to make breakfast. She carried her mug of coffee to the living room, turning on the TV absentmindedly. Sehun usually comes early these days because of their hiatus, and she figured he would come earlier since it's her birthday. Sehun did come a few minutes later, and she excitedly met him at the door, expecting a huge bouquet of roses just like in her dream. No such luck. Sehun came empty-handed. "Good morning, babe," he said, kissing her gently as he entered the house. Sunhye frowned. He didn't even greet me. She shrugged. Oh well. Maybe he has a surprise or something.

 

The day was coming to a close, and the expected surprise didn't materialize. Sehun was already about to head home, and she figured she had to tell him. "Yah, Oh Sehun. How dare you do this to me," she said coldly, giving him the evil eye. Sehun looked at her, confused. "Huh? What did I do, Sunhye?" he asked. "What didn't you do," she corrected. "I can't believe you didn't even greet me! I mean, I can live without a big surprise, but to not greet me on my birthday? You're going too far," she said, pouting as she crossed her arms. "Wait what?" Sehun said, pulling his cellphone out. It's April 21st. Your birthday's April 22nd," inwardly, he chuckled. He laughed at her cute confrontation, which isn't even legit because she didn't check the dates. Her frown softened, and she started laughing. "Wow. Well that was stupid of me. Sorry, Sehun-ah," she said, her cheeks heating up. Sehun chuckled. "It's okay. It was pretty cute," he teased. "Yah," she said warningly. "I was kidding," he said, still laughing. "Well, I better get home before Suho hyung picks me up himself and murder me," he said, putting on his coat. "Be careful going home," she said, hugging him. He kissed the top of her head. "I will. See you tomorrow, on your birthday," he said, smiling. She shook her head. "Just get going, you," she said.

She watched him walk down the street, hurrying to catch the bus back to their apartment. She shook her head again, scolding herself for not checking the dates, then went to bed, hoping to dream of Sehun's hands over her eyes and rose bouquets again.