Fangirl

With Him

"I'm going to the comfort room, okay?"

He nodded absentmindedly, focused on my phone on top of the table.

I got up and left him there, a bit worried that he was still not taking his eyes off my phone, his half-eaten Big Mac forgotten on its cardboard box.

 

When I came back, he looked confused and angry at the same time, and had a deep frown etched on his forehead.

"Why do you have a photo of that Sehun guy as your phone wallpaper?" He asked even before I sat down.

I took a deep breath. So that's what it's about. "Well-"

"I mean, you would think that a girl would have a picture of her boyfriend as her phone wallpaper, not some Korean dude who sings and dances onstage wearing either extremely tight jeans or ridiculous harem pants."

Aish this guy. It's like I'm the guy in this relationship. "Look, Daniel. It's no big deal. I'll change it for you if you like. It's just a picture."

I browsed through my pictures folder and chose one with both of us. I held it out for him to see. "See? That's during our first anniversary."

He gave me a goofy smile. "Don't change that, okay?"

I smiled and nodded, having every intention of bringing back the extremely hot Sehun photo as my wallpaper when I get home. I mean, Daniel needn't know, right? What he doesn't know won't kill him.

 

We left McDonald's after he finished his burger, and we walked around the mall hand in hand. Instinctively, I pulled him to the record store so I could look at EXO's albums (again). He went grumpy on me again, and pulled me to a secluded corner.

"Arriane. I love you and all, but I think your EXO addiction is getting out of hand. It's already getting between us, for god's sake."

I looked at him, pretending to be confused, even though I knew fully well what he was talking about. "Huh?"

He sighed. "Assuming that Sehun and I were drowning and you could only save one, who would you choose to save?"

I stared at him, various thoughts crossing my mind at the speed of light.

Who would I choose? WHO WOULD I CHOOSE? What a question. Sehun of course! I love Daniel and all, but he's not Sehun. Who would ever choose to let Sehun die? I mean, call me a crazy fangirl and all, but it's the truth! Besides, the whole world will be devastated if Sehun dies. I can't let down a whole  planet, can I? So no, Daniel. This trick question about love ain't tricking me at all. I'd choose Sehun over anything in a second.

He was still looking at me expectantly. I smiled and hugged him, since I wasn't a particularly good liar. "You, of course!"