Always

With Him

The church bells clanged together, the sweet melody signalling the most glorious moment of his life. The doors opened, and she walked in, enveloped in sunlight, radiant as any rose. She took her time, her steps even and measured. And when she finally reached him, he smiled, and took her hand, ready to face anything.

 

The door opened and he walked out, carrying a little girl with him. Her smile was bright as the sun, her cheeks the color of young roses. She giggled into his neck as he ran across the field, her hands clasping his face.

 

He kissed her hand tenderly, and she looked away, using the bouquet of carnations to hide her face. He laughed and kissed her cheek. "I love you," he whispered.

 

They both knelt down, the bouquet of carnations laid down on the smooth white marble. Silently, the little girl began to cry. He cradled her to his chest, brushing away the hair from her forehead. "Don't cry, honey. I love you."

 

She was smiling at the tiny baby, her eyes crinkled at the corners as she cooed to it. He put his arms around them, taking pride in his family. But suddenly her eyes lose focus, and her breathing hitched. She lost consciousness within seconds, and the baby was left crying.

 

They held hands, small, delicate fingers inside a warm, comforting hand. Suddenly the girl turned to him. "I miss Mommy," she said quietly. He her hair slowly, cold tears falling to his cheeks. "I miss her too."

 

Despite the ashy, almost translucent color of her skin and her limp, tired frame, his heart skipped a beat. She beckoned for him to come closer, and he did. She kissed his cheek weakly, almost nothing but a brush of skin to skin. "Take care of her, okay? You'll be a great dad," she said hoarsely. "I love you, Sehun. Always. No matter what, no matter when," she closed her eyes, a contented smile on her lips. He barely whispered his response when there was nothing at all. She had gone.

 

"I took care of her, Yoojin-ah," he whispered, hugging the girl close. She poked his cheek. "You're the greatest dad in the world," she said, giggling. Sehun smiled inwardly as he lifted her back to his arms. He looked at the engraved marble one last time before walking away. The breeze blew past them, and for a second, he felt her beside him, and they were a complete family again.

"I love you, Yoojin. Always. No matter what, no matter when."

 


Now that I think about it, Sehun would make an AMAZING husband and dad (or maybe I'm just biased because you know, it's Sehun) but yeah, this drabble is a bit longer (for my standards at least) than the others I've already posted and this the most bittersweet for me so far.

Let me know what you think, or if you want to request anything, just let me know and I'll do my best to write it out for you :)