Candy

Lilo, Daesie, Bangfy

 

A/N: I'M SCREAMING WOW SO MANY MONTHS LATER IM SO SORRY LIZ OMG I'M GONNA TRY UPDATING AND FINISHING THIS SOON CAUSE ITS KILLING ME THAT ITS UNFINISHED OMG I HOPE YOU LIKE I TRIED ;~;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

          If the week couldn’t get any busier for Liz, it was finally Saturday which meant only one thing.

            Crazy customers.

            The minute Costco opened it was as if families rushed to get all their necessities. There was plenty of inventory, but for some reason they were convinced there wouldn’t be so spent the hour or two of their visit pushing through other customers, bumping their carts into each other, and most importantly, making a terrible mess which workers were left to clean.

            Liz continued her shift like she began it, organizing and folding the clothes. Once she left one area to fix the next, she would come back to an even bigger mess. With her boss over her shoulder like a hawk, she couldn’t stop to stretch her limbs. After about two hours of intense folding, she was able to leave her area and catch her breathe. She kept herself looking busy by organizing the candy aisle. She looked over her shoulder as she continued organizing the aisle to be distracted by a well-over six foot person with the craziest colored hair. There were hints of blue here and there on his blonde head.

            Wait a second, she thought. He looks awfully familiar.

            “Hey you!” Liz yelled. The boy looked up as if he had been caught and his eyes widened. “You ruined my coat the other day!” Not knowing why she did so, Liz began to run towards the tall kid. He immediately took something out of his pocked, dropped it on the floor, and ran the opposite direction. She picked up the drop items and looked at the open candy boxes resting on the aisle shelf. She looked towards the direction where he ran. He was at the food court, towering over a group of boys who were now looking in your direction. The boy turned around only to have his worried expression back on his face. As if on signal, they all stood up and ran in opposite directions. One headed to the bathroom, the other towards the poultry, and another got consumed by the crowd. Liz only cared about one the tall boy who was now headed towards the crowded exit.

            With whatever energy Liz had left, she bolted towards the exit, crashing into customers and even some employees. Before he could take a step out, two of the co-workers by the door furiously grabbed him by the arms stopping him in his tracks.

            “What did he do?” one of them said as Liz approached them. She took a couple seconds to catch her breathe. Wow, she thought. I’m really out of shape.

            “I caught him stealing.” She brought out the candy bars form her back pocket, showing it to the co-workers. After discussing the procedures and options of what to do with the boy, one of the co-workers, still holding on to the boy, walked with Liz to the employee office to find the manager and report the incident.

            “Sit,” Liz simply said to the boy who did exactly so, not raising his head. She approached her manager and quietly telling him of what had just occurred, making sure the boy couldn’t hear any of the conversation. After a couple of minutes she came back to him who continued to find his shoes more interesting than anything else in the room.

            Liz cleared causing the boy to look up.

            “Since it’s your first time, we’re just going to let you off with a warning.” Before he could get up and celebrate she continued. “But first we’re calling your parents.”

            He quickly got on his feet, frantically looking around the room.

            “Uhh, my parents aren’t home right now.” Liz took a long look at him.

            “Okay. How about an aunt or uncle?”

            “Don’t have any.”

            “I can’t let you go on your own. Who knows how much trouble you’ll cause here or anywhere in the area.” She let out an annoying sigh. “How about a sibling?” At those words, the boy’s eyes lit up.

            “I have an older cousin! Can I call him?” Giving up, Liz had no other option. She picked up the phone and began dialing the number to some guy named Yongguk. As the phone rang, she realized she had forgotten to ask him the most important question of all.

            “What’s your name?” she asked looking over.

            “Zel…. I mean Junhong,” he corrected himself. After talking on the phone and waiting for about 20 minutes, a young male the same age as Liz showed up. His eyes stopped at Junhong, sending piercing glares in his direction. Junhong looked back down at his feet.

            “What happened?” he asked Junhong between gritted teeth. It wasn’t necessarily what he said that gave Liz the chills, but how quietly he said it and the way he wouldn’t stop glaring at Junhong as if he committed a murder. She thought this would be the right time to save the kid from any more embarrassment.

            “I found him trying to steal. I’m letting him off the hook for now, but next time he causes trouble my manager is most likely going to call the cops.” Yongguk sent Junhong another deathly stare before turning back to Liz.

            “Thank you so much. I’ll make sure he doesn’t leave the house without my permission for now on.” Junhong took one last helpless stare at Liz before following Yongguk out the door like a lost puppy.

            Despite all the trouble Junhong had caused her, Liz couldn’t help but feel bad for him.