Chemistry Tutor

Lilo, Daesie, Bangfy

A/N: SCREAMS THIS WAS SO HARD TO WRITE I HATE IT WHATEVER BANGFY ISN'T GOING TO BE INTERESTING I'VE ACCEPTED THIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             After failing not one, but two tests, Roffy finally decided to hit up the tutoring center. In her entire history of education, she had never once gone for help. Its not that she didn’t need it, in fact she probably needed it the most. Her ego just wouldn’t let her give up and put herself into the hands of someone else. She took the act of asking for help as a sign of defeat, and that was the last thing she wanted. Cautiously entering the tutoring building, she headed for the science floor, and then to the chemistry room. A few students sat in tiny groups, going over projects and presentations, while a couple others were scattered around the room working on homework by themselves or with a tutor. Roffy didn’t quite know how things worked around here or how she could get assistance so instead took the loneliest corner in the room, spreading out her books and beginning to work. 20 minutes went by and her worksheet was already filled with erased marks and X’s. She bit on her lip, a bad habit she picked up through all the stress in school. Dropping her pencil, she leaned back in her chair and sighed deeply. I’m never going to get this, she thought. I might as well drop out of school. She continued like this for the next hour, cursing under her breath, until a voice spoke to her.

            “Can I help you?” a deep, soothing voice said. Roffy looked up quickly, hiding her failed tests underneath some more papers. She was too ashamed of it and didn’t want anyone to see the big red F painted on it.

            “No, I’m fine,” Roffy lied. “Just a little stuck. I’ll figure it out.” She was about to turn back to her books in hopes of the boy to walk away at her cold shoulder. Instead, he chuckled.

            “I tutor here,” he smiled. “I took that same teacher. She’s pretty hard so I can give you some tips if you want.” Not knowing how to get rid of him, Roffy obliged. He took a seat next to her keeping a comfortable distance from her. She pushed the book towards him so it now rested between the both of them. He examined the work problems, narrowing his eyes at certain parts.

            “Oh I remember this,” he said. Grabbing a stray pen nearby, he began writing down the problem. “She at explaining, but if you just…” And the next two hours sped by as Roffy took the tips the boy had given her. He continued to sit by her side and help her through problems, both of them tensing up when their arms brushed against each other. Roffy wasn’t use to talking at school and the fact that it was a some what good looking guy made her more nervous. Suddenly, the boy’s phone began to vibrate in his pocket. He took one look at the phone and sighed.

            “Hello,” he answered. “Yeah, what’s up, Himchan? Oh , you’re already here? Oh… for half an hour? My bad. Alright, I’m coming down.” He placed the phone back in his pocket.

            “Sorry, I have to go,” he apologized to Roffy. “My ride’s been waiting outside for over a half an hour for me.” He can’t drive, how pathetic, Roffy thought.

            “Its okay,” Roffy said.

            “You seem to understand the work so far, so just keep practicing.” He walked over to his backpack, slung it over his shoulders, and came back to Roffy one more time.

            “Oh by the way, I’m Yongguk,” he smiled. “I’m here every Tuesday and Thursday if you need anymore help.” Roffy couldn’t help, but smile back.

            “I’m Roffy.” Yongguk was about to initiate a handshake, but his phone once again interrupted. It was obvious his friend was angry for his voice could be heard from the other line.

            “No, I’m walking out right now. Just start the car.” He disconnected before his friend could say another word.

            “Sorry, I got to go,” Yongguk said. “I’ll see you around?” He asked. Roffy simply nodded, letting Yongguk say his farewells. Yongguk, Roffy thought. What an ugly name.