Rich

Lilo, Daesie, Bangfy

 

A/N: SCREAMS I FINISHED THIS CHAPTER SCREAMS BANGFY IS NEXT SCREAMS HOPE YOU LIKED IT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            It was another slow day for Jessie at Texas Roadhouse where she waited tables for a living. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to live with her family or left for college. In fact, Jessie preferred being with her parents the majority of the time. She found comfort in them, but Jessie needed to do something for herself. She was sick of the same routine everyday, what was the point of it all? That’s when she finally made a decision to move out to get a feel of the real world and find her purpose in life. She was lucky enough to not be alone, for Roffy was moving to the same city for college, so they decided to share an apartment together instead of Jessie living on her own and Roffy in a dorm.

            “Ugh, still got one more hour until our shift ends,” Jessie’s co-worker said to her as she counted the money in the cash register. “I can’t wait to go home.”

            “Why? You got plans for a change?” Jessie mocked. She knew her co-worker would just go home and set herself in front of the TV to watch re-runs of the Jersey Shore. She glared at Jessie before closing the cash register with her hip, and strutting off to serve customers. Jessie continued calculating her tips for the day on a notepad behind the register. The quiet restaurant was immediately filled with laughter, stomps, and various obnoxious noises. Jessie looked up quickly at the sudden rush of noise to find a group of boys, around her age, walking in. A boy who walked ahead of the other three adorned a leather jacket, blue jeans, and black sneakers. Which dumb wears sunglasses indoors? Jessie asked herself. The boy took off his sunglasses to expose a pair of big brown eyes staring right back at her. Before she could politely tell him to off, Jessie’s manager came up to the boys, leading them to the private room at the back of the restaurant which was usually kept for parties. She continued to look at them in confusion.

            Maybe that’s Manager’s kids? Jessie thought. Wait never mind. He’s too much of an to score himself a woman; a kid is way out the picture. Her manager came back to the front desk.

            “I want you to serve those boys whatever they want,” he said promptly. “Make sure they leave just as happy, if not happier from here.”

            “Wait what? Why should I?” It wasn’t in Jessie’s nature to question higher authority in such a way, but something about that boy made her tick.

            “He specifically asked for you.” Manager seemed a lot more tense than normal. He leaned forward and whispered into Jessie’s ear, “That’s the owner’s son.” She knew exactly where this was headed. A rich guy’s son was totally going to take advantage of his father’s restaurant and make everyone wait for him. But why her? She simply nodded before putting her notebook back into the pocket of her notebook and headed to the room. She was beginning to get nervous, something she didn’t experience at work. Jessie had waited tables for a while. She even waited for the owner himself a couple of times. This time was different though. The way he had stared at her when he walked in didn’t scare her, but confused her. No one had ever looked into her eyes like that. It was as if he was searching for something. Quickly coming out of her thoughts, she took a deep breath, and opened the door. The noises that could be heard from outside the room were now silenced. Jessie anxiously approached the boys greeting them as sincerely as possible.

            “Hi, my name is Jessie and I will be your waitress today.” She looked over at the owner’s son who had his head turned to his friend, clearly hiding a smile. His friend, around the same age, elbowed him lightly which then caused him to break into a fit of laughter. The two at the other side, much younger than the others, continued talking with one another as if their friend wasn’t having a heart attack on the other side of the table.

            “I’m sorry, you’re going to have excuse Daehyun,” the owner’s friend said. Daehyun. Jessie made a mental note of the name, repeating it to herself. “He’s usually rude like this.”    

            “Its okay, we’re use to it here,” Jessie replied jokingly. Daehyun’s laughter immediately stopped, as if taking insult to Jessie’s answer.

            “Not very often do we find someone to shut Daehyun up so easily,” the boy at the other side of the table joked.

            “I’m Youngjae, by the way,” his friend said as Daehyun continued to eye Jessie as he did when he first entered. “This is Zelo and Jongup.” They both nodded, obviously not wanting to make small talk. Jessie took the hint.

            “Is there anything I can get you guys today?” They all made their orders and as Jessie opened the door to leave, she felt a tap to her . She turned around quickly to find a rubber band lying on the floor and knew exactly who the owner of it was. Youngjae pushed Daehyun lightly punishing him for his actions, only making Daehyun laugh even louder. Jessie sighed, picked up the rubber band, and threw it into the trashcan to avoid any further problem. She finished until the end of her shift, serving to the four boys, listening to Daehyun’s not-so-funny jokes, and getting side eyes from her manager who was scared enough leaving her alone with the owner’s son. It wasn’t until Jessie was getting ready to pick up their plates did she feel the real wrath of Jung Daehyun. As she turned to make her way to the door, a foot came out from under the table, causing her to trip and fall, taking plates of unfinished food down with her. A roar of laughter was released from Daehyun’s mouth as he got up from his seat. Simultaneously, Jessie’s manager came running in due to the noise.

            “Mr. Jung!” he shouted. “Are you okay?” Yes, he’s fantastic, you prick. Can’t you see I’m the one on the floor with food inside my bra? Jessie whined to herself.

            “Yes, Manager,” Daehyun said through his laughter. “I’m fine, but I think you have a clumsy waitress.” Youngjae pushed Daehyun out the door, cursing under his breath, with Jongup and Zelo following behind in confusion and guilt. Manager followed them out, thanking them for their stay, telling them to come by more often and apologizing on Jessie’s behalf. Jessie had just begun getting up, taking the food out of her hair when her manager had walked in. He looked furious.

            “Clean this up before I fire you,” he stated. “Then the only thing you’ll have to eat is that food in your hair.” He stomped out, leaving Jessie to a pile of mess.

            “You don’t even pay me enough. I’m already surviving off of ramen,” she whispered. She got on her knees and started cleaning up the mess. As she came to the table to wipe it down, she found a very generous tip left behind. Too angry to see exactly how much, she put it into her pocket and cleaned up the mess. Upon picking her up, Liz gave Jessie a concerned look at her friend’s messy state. The second they walked in, Roffy was already on the floor laughing at her.

            “Damn, didn’t know you got that hungry, Jes,” Roffy snickered as she made her way to the kitchen.

            “I’m too upset and hungry to make a comeback, Roffy,” Jessie said as she stomped off into the bathroom. After showering Jessie finished counting her tips for the week. Remembering the wad of cash Daehyun had left she pulled it out and began counting. This was a lot more generous that she expected. When she unfolded all the bills, a paper with a phone number scratched onto it came falling down onto her lap. She groaned at his pathetic attempt. “Jung Daehyun, you will pay.”