Part 2

A Walk to Remember (ONESHOT)

 

Part 2...

 

A piano’s sound filled the room and the villa as I was jerked awake on my bed. Looking around in the dark, I picked up my jacket and walked out from my room. Heading down the stairs to where the piano was placed, I yawned.

“I’m sorry if I woke you up…” a girl said from behind me and I jumped, looking back at her, hands on my chest. There, the girl I was dreaming about and the girl on the painting stood before me. She was smiling her mysterious smile again.

“No…no…I was wondering who played the piano…I should have guessed it is you…this is your house, isn’t it???” I said, remembering her in the painting, wearing a violet blouse with a white skirt, sitting on a chair, her hair tied up in an elegant bun. She nodded but then she sighed.

“Once…I’m no longer staying here…or practically, I can’t stay here anymore…” she answered me as she looked around the house, her expression looks sad and hurt. I took a step nearing her.

“Why???” I asked as I inhaled her sweet scene. She looked up, staring at me with her blue eyes. I gasped. She was stunningly pretty and it struck my heart.

“Wanna come with me to my secret place???” she asked me, playfully winking as she walked away. I nodded and followed. We got up the stairs and finally reaching the last stairs, up on the attic. She opened a door and we entered a small room. Sitting on the boxes, she looked out through a little window.

“The moon is pretty tonight…” she said and I walked, sitting in front of her, gazing out at the moon too. Indeed, it was pretty. Somehow, I felt calm as I gazed at the sparkling sea before she reached out to touch my face. I shuddered, her touch was cold yet when I saw her smile, it made me feel warm and comfort.

“Kris Wu sshi, have you ever fall in love???” she asked me and I gasped.

“How did you know my name???” I asked her, ignoring her question. She smiled at me.

“You are a guest in my house…I should at least, memorize your name…” she answered as she took my hand, kissing it gently. I gulped. I had never once got so close to a girl like this.

“Tell me your name first…I will let you know the answer…” I said playfully. She laughed a bit as she winked at me.

“A bargain…well, we will see…I won’t lose to you…” she said. She stood up and walked to the door. I started to get annoyed with her. What was so mysterious with her name that she couldn’t even tell me about it?

“Wait!!! Your name…” I started but she smiled again at me and I felt dizzy as darkness surrounded me.

-A Walk to Remember-

The bright sunlight that was shining through my window blinded me. I stirred around in my sleep and hastily sat up as I realized I was sleeping again on my bed.

“Hey…what are you doing at the attic last night???” asked Lay, who was sitting at the edge of my bed. I rubbed my eyes sleepily as I smiled.

“I met the girl at the painting…she brought me there…” I answered truthfully but then I jumped as Chen stared at me closely, our faces were only inches apart.

“Did you have hallucination now, young man???” he asked me, looking concerned as I pushed him away. My friends all were looking at me with amused looks on their faces.

“Look, I swear…she did came to see me, okay??? She is living in this house too…well, before…now, I don’t know where she is living at…” I said, annoyed at them. Luhan nodded.

“Then, bring her to see us…since you are falling for her, we need to see what is very special about her that makes our Kris manages to fall for her…” Xiu Min said, with a serious expression on his face. I groaned.

“What??? If she is interested in you too, there won’t be a problem, right??? She only talked to you, not to all of us…I bet is it obvious that she likes you too…” Tao said, reading my worried expression. I lay back on my bed.

“I don’t even know her name yet…” I told them and Chen sighed.

“What a loner…next time, ask, my friend…” he advised me. They all stood up to leave.

“I’m going to go boat fishing…you???” Xiu Min asked the boys and Chen grinned.

“I will join you…I don’t fancy staying with a lovesick man or going scuba diving…” he answered, pointing at me then to Tao, Lay and Luhan. The trio said they were going scuba diving so I decided to just walk around the beaches. So, I got up and get ready. After a while, walking around the seaside, checking souvenirs and all, I walked back to the villa but as I approached it, the white scarf tied up on the big tree caught my eyes again. I walked to it, untied it and sat down under its big shady branches.

“Meoooowww…” the same black cat appeared again suddenly at my side. I picked it up and stared at it.

“Hey, you got the same blue eyes as that girl…do you know her??? Can you please let me meet her??? I’m missing her already…” I told the cat as she blinked at me. She scratched my arm and ran away as I dropped her.

“Ouch!!!” I yelled in pain as I watched my arm bleed. I took the scarf earlier and wrapped it around my wound. Then, I stood up, patting the tree.

“Guess I will just have to wait till she appeared again, right???” I said and grinning, I left. I decided to go seeing Xiu Min and Chen as I walked passed a painting shop, I saw her again.

“Excuse me, what is her name???” I asked the owner of the shop, pointing to her painting. The old man looked at it, gulped before he looked at me back.

“Kang Seira…” he answered. Smiling triumphantly, I thanked him and rounded back to the villa, half running. I was too happy –I had won our bargain, now she needs to tell me everything about herself. 

“Now, I know who you are…I will wait for tonight…you can’t win over me, Seira sshi…” I mumbled to myself as I entered the villa.

-A Walk to Remember-

It was well past midnight and I was still sitting alone at the piano. I glanced around the half-dimmed living room and sighed.

“She won’t come tonight…” I told myself and frustration flooded me. I started to randomly playing on my own tunes noisily on the piano. Maybe if the whole house woke up, Seira will wake up too and realized that I was waiting for her like hell.

“Damn you, Kris!!! Shut it up!!!” Luhan yelled at me from the first floor as he appeared, in his night pants and shirtless. Behind him, Lay, Tao, Xiu Min and Chen appeared too, all looking sleepy as they yawned loudly.

“Kris…can’t you see what time it is now??? You can play the piano tomorrow…” Lay said at me before he yawned widely again. I groaned as I walked away from the piano and stood at the middle of the hall, glaring at them, hands on my waist. 

“Last night, when Seira was playing the piano, none of you bothered to get up yet when I was playing it, you started yelling at me!!! How unfair!!!” I started to yell back at them and turned around to leave the villa. Tao gulped as he looked around at the others.

“Last night…there wasn’t anyone playing the piano right???” he asked them all. He was no longer sleepy – in fact his eyes were wide in wonder. Xiu Min nodded his head. Then, Chen rose up his hand at them .

“Who is Seira by the way???” he asked them. Luhan gulped down as he too, shaking his head toward them. They looked back at the painting of the girl on the wall. Somehow, they felt like the girl was watching them with an intense stare from her ghostly eyes.

“Well, good night…” Lay greeted the painting and shrugging, they all left at once, hands holding their own bodies, feeling cold and creepy. Outside, under the moonlight, I was strolling without any direction until I reached the big tree nearby the sea. Sitting down on the thick roots that were sticking out from the sands, I cursed again inside my heart as I lay down on the sand.

“Geez…why are they acting like they didn’t heard the piano last night???” I complained as I kicked the trunk of the tree. 

“Who is making you so mad???” asked a girl and I sat up straight, looking to my side and Seira was there, leaning against the tree, smiling at me. I blinked my eyes at her.

“I thought you don’t want to see me tonight…” I said, feeling angry at her. She shook her head as she took her seat next to me.

“I told you I am no longer staying in that villa…last night, I only came to visit it…” she explained as she put her head on my shoulder. I inhaled her scent and nodded.

“So, how did you know I’m going to be here???” I asked her again. She giggled as she pointed to the moon.

“I know…I was looking at you from there…” she replied and I know, she must be joking since she laughed the moment she looked at my surprised expression. I grinned at her as she resumed her old places, leaning her head on my shoulder.

“So, ready to tell me about yourself, Kang Seira sshi???” I asked her once again after a long silence stretched between us. She rose up her head and gulped. For the first time since I met her, she looked troubled.

“How did you found out about my name???” she asked softly. I laughed at her.

“I saw your painting again at the town…then I asked the shop’s owner and that’s what he told me about you…” I told her. Her face fall as she looked up at the moon again.

“Everyone loved to paint me…” she said, her voice sounded bitter. I stared at her side face, looking at her pretty features in amazement. She was mesmerizing under the moonlight that was shone on us.

“I would love to paint you too…you are so stunningly pretty to me…a perfect piece of art…though, I had already painted you secretly in my heart…” I said to her, hinting about my feeling towards her. I must be mad, out of mind, for falling into a girl that I had getting to know for about two days. She looked back at me, smiling as she touched my face.

“Thank you…I love to be in your heart too…” she admitted and I felt a ringing around my ears, I was blessed with her words. She looked back at the lighthouse situated at the middle of the sea in front of us.

“You know, there was a legend about that lighthouse…” she said, telling a story that I thought wasn’t essential when all I wanted was to kiss her. But I blinked my eyes and listened to her. I didn’t want to look like a ert to her, asking for a kiss when she didn’t even promise to date me yet.

“What was the legend about???” I asked her, feeling a bit curious.

“There was a girl…she had her engagement party there, up on the highest tower…she is the prettiest, richest girl in the town…yet, she was willing to leave everything for the sake of the man she loved…but, he betrayed her…he cheated on her love, leaving her heartbroken…her family closed the lighthouse after she was missing…” she replied me, somehow, there was such bitterness on her face and I started to panic as she started sobbing.

“Seira sshi, why are you crying??? Don’t cry…I won’t let you get hurt like that…I love you…I will protect you…forever…” I said, patting her head and lifting up her face toward me. Tears were flooding down her cheeks as she stared back at me. Her blue eyes were glinting under the moonlight and her tears were like diamond, so precious, it crushed my heart into thousand pieces.

“You are a nice man, Kris…” she said as she tried to control her sobbing. I smiled at her as I wiped her tears away. We stared at each other’s eyes in silence for a while, listening to the sound of the waves crashing on to the shore. Seira picked up my wounded arm and she put it at her cheeks. 

“I have a scar like this too…” she said, showing her scar at the exact place on her arm like the one I had on my own. 

“It will leave a deep memory to us, right???” she continued as she kissed the spot on my arm. It made me lose control at once and I grabbed her by the neck, kissing her on her lips. She didn’t push me away or budged, just letting me kissed her until I’m done and let her go. She smiled her mysterious smile at me and I smiled back at her.

“I love you…” I whispered at her but she didn’t reply me, instead, she looked up again at sky and stared at the moon.

“I love the moon…next time, when you are thinking about me, look at the moon and I will be there with you…” she told me. She briefly kissed my cheeks, stood up and walked away. Hastily, I stood up too and ran behind her to catch up with her but she stopped walking and I stopped my paces too.

“Don’t follow me, Kris…go home now…we will meet again, I promise…and when that time comes, I will tell you, everything that you need to know about me…” she said, still with her back on me. I nodded, not knowing whether she knew it or not but as I turned around to leave her and headed back to the villa, I heard her calling out my name.

“Kris…I love you too…and thanks, for loving me back…” she said and when I looked back to her, she had gone with just a blink of my eyes.

 

"I choose to remember this walk because it is love that brings me there, to you..."