umbrella

take me to paradise | a kaistal collection

"maybe the one she's been looking for has been here the whole time."


umbrella;

drabble | angst | g | 334 words


 

Her breathing becomes harsh and ragged, cold air seeping into her lungs, suffocating her, killing her. Emotions are too difficult, she thinks in contempt, clutching her hand to her chest. She shudders. It's raining, and she has no umbrella. Raindrops run through her hair, blending in with the tears streaming down her face. He doesn't love me, the words keep running through her head, like a film on repeat. Her cold hands fumble for her phone.

"Hello?"

"Jongin -"

"Soojung-ah, are you okay?" his voice is drenched with worry. "Where are you?"

"In front of my house. I don't have the key. Taemin - he -"

Click.

He had hung up. Soojung lets her phone slip out of her hand onto the sidewalk.

Two minutes later, the rain stops falling. She looks up to see a white umbrella over her head.

"You sounded like you needed someone to talk to," Jongin murmurs, careful to keep his distance. His eyes stare deep into her, gently, uncertainly.

Soojung nods, unable to keep a grateful sob from escaping. "He - I don't know what happened," she stutters, tripping over her thoughts.

"I see, I see," he says softly. His arm tentatively rests around her shoulders, cautiously drawing her closer. "Just cry, it's okay."

And so she does. The silent tears drip down her cheeks and onto his jacket - but he doesn't mind. There is only the sound of rain hitting the sidewalk - plip, plop - making beautiful swirling patterns in the puddles.

Her sobs slowly subside. "You know, Jongin, sometimes you're just too good to me."

A bittersweet smile graces his lips as he hears this. "No, there is no such thing as too much - only too little."

She blushes, just a bit. You love me, don't you? she telepathically asks him.

She feels him nod, his chin gently pressing against the top of her head.

Her arms wrap tightly around his waist, and she never lets go. Maybe she'll be okay after all.

 


`author's note: ok i'm done catching up now! after this, only new kaistal fics will be posted. i don't know when i'm going to update, but i'll try to be reasonable and not make you guys wait so long. i love you all <3

pic credit