Confused

First Love

"ARGH!" I stopped my pace and pouted my lips. I don't know what should I be bothered with? Myungsoo's unbelievable attitude or the fact that my friend likes my crush. I crossed my arms and I wished I could screamed my lungs out right there, right away.

"Hey wait up!" a familiar voice can be heard from a distance. I turned around and my whole body detected who he was. Now, I feel like an anti. KIM MYUNGSOO.

My feet fluttered and I stomped in annoyance. He stopped my moves and I hissed, "What?!"

"Whoa, calm down, lady," he put on an innocent look, as if trying to gain sympathy and avoided his mistake earlier.

"Do I know you?"

"Come on, what's with the sarcasm?"

"IDK, maybe the whole fact that you were ignoring me"

He chuckled. He actually thought this was all a joke?

"HAHA, very funny"

"I tried to brave myself but honestly, I can't just talk to you all of sudden"

"What about now?"

"Now is different. No one is watching right. Come on, let me buy you a drink"

"I don't want to. I have to get home," just when I thought I made my point and moved forward, he grabbed my hand. I could feel the warmth I once felt. I wonder if he felt that too.

"Let's go!" he smiled and the sun shone on him like a beamlight. I never really noticed before, but he has glitz and sparkles in his eyes. Unknowingly, my body obeyed and in just that instant, the whole act was gone. I always put my guard up, why is this guy trying so hard to make the walls come down?

"2 iced Americanos, please," Myungsoo ordered without even asking. How does he know my preference?

I sat on a couch near the window. The cafe was the perfect spot to be. The music playing made me lose my insanity earlier. My feet were following the beat of the song and I felt as if all the burden and stress disappeared.

"Soojung?" a voice startled me from my mini-party.

"Oh, Jonghyun! What are you doing here?"

He let out a small laugh, "Just getting some coffee. What about you? Enjoying the music? Haha"

"What? Oh no, not that," I laughed awkwardly with a heart that was beating faster than ever.

"Dude, why are you here?" Myungsoo came back, with 2 iced americanos on the tray he was carrying.

"What are you doing here? Aaahhh, so this is why you 'have' to get back early. Are you two....like....dating?" Jonghyun jumped to an accusation with a mischievious smile carved on his face.

My cheeks were burning red, my lips froze and my face became pale. I wanted to deny so badly but my body was not coorperating with me.

"Stop spouting nonsense, Jonghyun. Are you really that bored?" Myungsoo said, his face was calm and no one could tell if he was being honest.

"Hurm,fine whatever. But, since you two are not dating, you don't mind me joining you guys right?" he immediately grab a chair and sat down at our table.

The conversation that day was long yet suprisingly comfortable for me. I don't feel awkward at all talking to Jonghyun. Oh, but I could feel the immense and intense stare he was giving me while I was talking. Those eyes looked as if it was burning furiously with... I don't know what, but he was really, really annoyed that day. Not the other way around like it used to be. Finally, he got up and stormed out of the cafe. Jonghyun just watched as he left, not intending to do anything at all. He took a slurp from his espresso, and gave a meaningful smirk. 

"What?" I started to be confused with him.

"Are you sure you guys aren't dating? Sure looks to me like you are"

I fiddled my fingers and bit my lips. I looked out the window and I could see Myungsoo walking back with an unpleasant aura. "No, we're not," I calmly deny those accusations.

"So what are you guys? Friends? How come I never see you guys talk at school?"Jonghyun interrogates me like a suspect invovled in a crime, a crime for dating Myungsoo was what he meant, I thought.

"Huh? I don't know. Maybe you're just too ignorant," I checked my phone and said I had to leave to run errands at home. I rushed out of the cafe with a thousand thoughts filled my mind. Jonghyun, my crush, the guy I like, thinks I'm in love with his best friend. What kind of tangling love story is this? How can he jump so easily on conclusions like that? I really hope he does not misunderstand the whole situation. Myungsoo and I are...something. Just nothing special, perhaps acquaintances?

How was the date?

Myungsoo sent me a chat, with a sense of sarcasm.

What date?

With Jonghyun. Every girl just has to like him.

WTH are you talking about? Anyways, why do you went off so sudden?

I don't like to be the third person.

It wasn't a date, Myungsoo.

Whatever.

-Kim Myungsoo is now offline-

I sighed. Why was he being so sensitive? He was the one who left me with Jonghyun. And now what? Putting the blame on me? It was his idea to go to that cafe anyways. I groaned. I was feeling the annoyance, irritance and confusion. Annoyed by his behaviour, irritated by his questions but confused by myself. My mind was hoping that Jonghyun would not misunderstand what was going on between me and Myungsoo, but my heart was telling the opposite-that Myungsoo would not misunderstand my relationship with Jonghyun.