MT Time !

First Love

Finally it was the time of the year where I got to go with my friends away from family and home and just, well, having fun. MT is a must for every school and being the honorary event planner, I was once again assigned to handle this. Things were a lot harder and everything was twice the work. Although, I have to say for the past weeks when I have stopped texting him and acting like we're complete strangers, Myungsoo appeared in a different light once again.

It all started when I planned the MT for Class 1 and 2 only. The boys in my class were dying to ask Evolution, and who would not? I informed them through Jonghyun and practically communicated only with Jonghyun about this whole trip. Most of the boys of Class 2 agreed to go, only a few who didn't because of personal problems. One of them was Myungsoo. The strangest thing happened when he suddenly changed his mind with the excuse of that his parents only allowed him to go after some persuasion. Though, I'm not buying that at all.

He called Jiyoung to tell about his decision and Jiyoung told me. I'm not saying he is talking to me again, still with the whole stranger act, but somehow, at least he's being nice to my friends. Before this, he kept a distant from my friends to be away from me. Although I'm perfectly aware of that fact, Evolution still came to my class. I guessed Jonghyun made Myungsoo speak to me in person.

"Soojung!" he gestured his hand so that I come out of the class. Sulli trailed behind, suspicious of the way Jonghyun's behaving.

"What?" I asked. Then, I could see a background scene I would never forget. Minho and Yoseob was holding onto Myungsoo, grabbing his arms while he seemed to not want be here at all. But all of that in a playful way. What in the world is going on? I could see the mischievous smile on Minho's face and Yoseob was mouthing something to Myungsoo. Jonghyun quickly urged Myungsoo to talk but he broke loose out of their hands.

Not just that, he even had indirect conversations with me. It's like he was trying to talk to me again, but then he changed his mind or something. 

Now, here we all are, at a ski resort at an enclosed, cold, idly area.

All of us brought our luggage into the lobby and it was a lot warmer inside. We all had our excited faces on despite the chill atmosphere outside.

"Okay, come here a bit closer. I am going to assign you to your rooms," Mr. Oh gathered us in a group.

As soon as I got the key card to our room, as in Jiyoung, Jiyeon and me, I grabbed my bags toward the elevator. Yes, unfortunately, things were a little mixed up and awkward now that Jiyeon became our roommate for the rest of the trip. I envied Sulli, Jieun and Suzy because they got a room all for themselves. No frenemy to make things even worse than it already is.

Since it was only two classes on this trip, all of us stayed on one floor including the teachers. I unpacked my silver luggage while Jiyoung and Jiyeon did the same thing. We didn't bother to share our excitement and no one dared to break the silence. All we did was unpacking, avoiding each other's way and doing each other's business.

After what seemed a long eerie silence, Jiyeon spoke up. "Ahhhh...This is so nice. Being here with you guys feels awesome," she lied down on her bed and stared right to the ceiling.

Jiyoung and I exchanged glances, meaningful glances. We weren't sure what to do now that we have her in this room. Fortunately, my phone beeped and a text message from Suzy blinked from the screen. I quickly checked the message.

From: Suzy

Come to the lobby now. The first session's gonna start! ^^

I informed Jiyoung and Jiyeon but since they weren't that ready, I told them I'll just go first. Jiyoung said it's okay that I left her with Jiyeon. She's kind of used to it anyway. Jiyeon always acted close towards her since their name is kind of the same.

I went out of my room and as I twirled around, I saw him. Right at that moment, our gaze met and all I could hear was my heart beating. It's like I've been teleported back to the first time I saw him. Our eyes were locked for 3 seconds, but Myungsoo just left and went towards the elevator, pretending to have met a complete stranger.

I was knocked to my senses when he left and another person came out of the room Myungsoo did. It was Hyunwoo. Wow, it's been a long time since I saw him. Ever since he broke up with Sulli, he too, avoided all of us. Even when we did sort of became friends for a while, I understood his reasons. He dated Sulli, my best friend. It must've been awkward to stay around your ex's besties when you haven't been close to them before.

He just bowed his head slightly and dashed off the scene as well. Nowadays, I heard Hyunwoo had changed but I was too busy with the whole Myungsoo incident that I haven't paid attention. People said Sulli totally changed Hyunwoo. That he is a bad boy now, a player to be exact. I didn't know how far the truth was concealed behind those rumours but if it was true then I wondered if this affected Sulli or not.

I shook away my thoughts and quickly went to the elevator. I waited a couple of minutes before the elevator's door opened, revealing it's soothing music being played inside. The luxury furnish of the inside of the elevator and how it's wall were covered with mirrors gave a sense of the quality of this resort. As the doors opened again, I could see groups of kids from my school chattering. I searched for Sulli, and indeed it was easy to spot her since she is kind of tall.

"Hey! Where's Jiyoung?" Jieun greeted me.

"Uh, she said to go first. So..."

"You left her with that ?" Suzy spatted.

"Speaking of the devil," Sulli rolled her eyes and I turned around. Jiyeon was gleefully pulling Jiyoung's hand towards us. She flashed the most sincere smile she could, but we all know that sincerity doesn't exist in her.

"Okay, boys and girls. We will be starting the first session of this MT. Remember, MT's are for building friendship and trust, a bond as strong as blood ties. So, to kick off, we will have an ice breaking session!" Coach Lee announced.

They divided us into teams and eventually we got together with Evolution. 10 people for each team and we have to play some sort of treasure hunt. What is this? Middle school?

Nevertheless, being the full-spirited person he was, Junho insisted we win. He was going to distribute the teams when Suzy interrupted, "You are my servant. Stay out of it." She took over the job to split us up since it might be hard to move 10 people at once.

As expected, I got to be in the same group with Myungsoo. Well, and Suzy. She decided to not face Junho for a while since the whole confession thing. Sulli, Minho, Jiyoung and Jonghyun got into one group while Junho, Yoseob and Jieun formed another one. Have fun you lovebirds, I thought. Have fun while Myungsoo and I die from awkwardness.

The game was only on the 11th floor, the floor we all stayed on. The whole time we were thoroughly searching, too focused or maybe purposely distracting ourselves to avoid talking to each other. I could feel Suzy was feeling guilty for assigning us together but I am starting to get use to all of this. Even though I'm dying to know what lies behind that nonchalant expression of his, maybe ignorance is truly a bliss.

After what felt like forever, I finally found the 'treasure.' I was sort of taken aback by it, I meant, I did search a lot but not in the intention of to actually found it. We rushed to the lobby where Mr. Oh was sitting there, waiting for the winner. We called the rest of the gang and they showed up just in time to hand in the 'treasure' toghether. Junho was more excited than me, having to found the treasure. We received free passes for cable cars tomorrow morning and everyone was dismissed after that.

During the night, a barbecue dinner was held and everyone was having a good time chilling out.

Herb and spices marinated into the tender meat of Korean's high quality beef sizzled as they were put against the grill flaming above the charcoal. Live entertainment by Yoseob and Jieun was going on at the same time and everyone enjoyed the dinner very much. The sweet melody and harmony of the duet suited the ocassion well. Everything was perfect. What an MT should be. Everything except me.

I didn't know what's wrong with me, but I felt awfully dizzy. Everything kept spinning around and I could hear vague voices asking me if I was okay. I wanted to be here with my friends but the pain was too gruelling so I excused myself from the scene.

I kept on pressing the button of the elevator but it seemed like forever for the doors to open. This headache was getting even worse. I could practically feel the veins popping in my head.

The elevator doors finally opened revealing someone that I know. Hyunwoo? I squinted my eyes to get a clearer vision but everything seemed too blurry. I think there's a girl with him. A girl? No, not Sulli. Before I could identify the girl, they walked away first. I entered the elevator and pressed the 11th floor button. That couldn't be Hyunwoo. I just needed some rest, I thought.

Suddenly a hand blocked the doors from closing and I looked up only to realize it was Myungsoo. What funny twist are you playing now, fate? The journey all the way up to 11th floor seemed to take 11 hours. It was a long awkward silence. I couldn't even bother less since the headache was killing me on the inside. I tried my best to not let Myungsoo see it because the last thing I want is to be comforted by some douchebag who ignores anyone he wants, anytime. 

Finally, the doors opened and I fastened my pace to get to my room. I took out the key card I had in my jeans pocket and inserted it into slot and pushed the knob down to open the door.

Though suddenly, I felt a rush of pain in my head and I could feel myself collapse on the floor. My whole world turned into darkness.

 

I'LL TRY UPDATE FASTER SO THAT I'LL GET TO THE PART WHERE MYUNGSOO SORT OF EXPLAINS. THANKS FOR COMMENTING, SUBSCRIBING AND READING!!! ~