Evolution's Fangirls

First Love

Have you ever heard that someone will only mean something to you when they're already gone? You spent everyday with that person that it felt like normal, but then suddenly they just disappeared from your life. Only then you realize that that person holds a special meaning in your life, that without them, you feel incomplete. It's like a part of you just vanished.

I sighed. I always knew this but never did I suspect that one day, I'll be able to understand it perfectly.

Suzy nudged me and her head was tilted to a particular direction; Evolution. I nodded and although the doubts were still there, I walked toward Myungsoo, determined to get this done.

I tapped his shoulder and he immediately turned around. "We need to talk."

We went somewhere outside the resort even when it's chilly. We needed some privacy. No, correction, I needed some privacy if I was going to make my first ever confession to a guy.

"About Jiyeon..." I started to converse first. "She lied about everything. She wasn't even my real friend, yet she managed to backstab me."  

Myungsoo didn't say a word. He was just silent, so I decided to tell him the truth about my feelings.

"At first, I thought you were really cold like they say. But as I get to know you, I figured out you're actually a nice person on the inside. No matter how much you wronged everyone else, you always felt right to me. This is the first time I felt like I don't have to be someone else, don't have to live to their expectations. I can be myself around you..."

But before I could finish, he interrupted, "Whatever you're trying to say is not going to change anything. I told you, even if Jiyeon was lying to me right in the face, nothing's going to change my decision. I...I don't want you to get hurt. By Jiyeon or just anybody. Whatever it is between us, it's over." He stormed off, leaving me speechless. He didn't even turned back not once, and with that, I fell to the ground as if I've lost all of my energy.

It was already the final day of our MT, and everybody loaded their luggage into the bus after Ms Park told so. Throughout the whole journey I pretended to be asleep as I didn't want anyone to know what just happened between Myungsoo and I earlier. Somehow, Suzy could sense the weird aura I'm giving.

"Are you okay?" she hold my hand firmly and I could feel her eyes were fixed right onto me.

I opened one eye to take a glance and slowly nodded. I knew she wouldn't buy that, but I felt like I needed to be alone for sometime. Without realizing, I slowly drifted off to sleep. I guess this whole 'thinking' made me more exhausted than I thought.

"Soojung! Wake up! We're here," Suzy shaked my body trying to wake me up. I opened my eyes groggily and looked outside the window. It seemed that we were back in school already. I looked around and I could see almost all of us already went off the bus. Suzy handed me my backpack, the one she just off-loaded from the compartment above our seats.

I got up my seat and as I was trying to get off the bus, I almost bumped into Myungsoo. He acted like nothing happened along this trip. I could see he was trying to keep a distance from me. I guessed he was back to his old self again.

"Myungsoo oppa! Can you help me get my bag?" a perky girl with two ponytails dressed in a white, frilly tank top and short denims tugged onto Myungsoo out of the blue.

I scoffed, thinking she must be one of those highly-obsessed fangirl who was trying to gain attention from Myungsoo. I was about to make my way back home because I was perfectly sure what his answer was going to be.

"Sure," I heard him replied. I stopped in my tracks and I couldn't believe my ears. He agreed to help? I turned around to make sure that I heard him right, and yes, it was him. He was already helping her with a serious look on his face. He barely talk to girls, he is the nonchalant Myungsoo. Where did the 'I don't care attitude' go?

The perky girl smirked at me and I was startled. It was as if she did that on purpose. As a sign to stay away from her 'oppa.' She even pointed to me, doing the 'I'll be watching you' sign.

Even when before I could care less (thanks to Myungsoo who convinced me to do so) , I was starting to think that this was no joke. Those fangirls would do anything to 'protect' Evolution. Pfft, maybe from having a normal life? 

What if they would really hurt me? What if what Jiyeon said came true? What if what Myungsoo's doing now is really saving me from something I didn't even see coming? If that was really the case, does it mean I have to give up my love for some stupid fangirls?

A few weeks had passed since the MT and I still coulnd't accept the fact that now Myungsoo and I are nothing but strangers. It felt so weird, so awkward, and yet he made it seem so easy.

"This is all so hard!" Jiyoung exclaimed as she took a seat next to me. She brushed off some of the flour that had powdered her brunette locks. It looked like someone must've done another prank on her. Again.

"Aish! If only I knew who those bastards are!" Jonghyun said while clenching his fist.

This had been going on for a while. Ever since the news broke out, as expected, Jiyoung got 'attacked' numerous times because apparently she was the reason Jonghyun was doing less performances nowadays. Nothing serious, at least nothing yet. But over these past few weeks, none of them really confronted her. Maybe they were scared if Evolution found out about their true colours. They say they love them and are forever devoted to Evolution but, no, these guys just cannot be happy. Yeah, that's love alright.

"Don't worry much. It's just some silly pranks," Jiyoung hold Jonghyun's fist, loosening it and putting it on her lap. 

"But you're getting hurt, okay! It's intolerable!"

"I don't mind as long as I'm with you," she smiled sweetly to him. 

Jiyoung is so lucky. Or maybe I should say it the other way around. She's understanding and beautiful, and dating the most popular guy in school who just happened to be every girl's crush in the school. I sighed thinking how Myungsoo and I could've been like them. And now, what's left is nothing.

After some time, I got to gather my thoughts. I decided to follow what Myungsoo said. Moving on. Forward. I know I might be crazy saying this since just a couple weeks ago, I was about to confess but got turned down even before having the chance to do so, but I had to. Just him still lingering around in my mind was making me crazy! Sometimes I felt like I could see him even when he's not there. How could I be so out of control like this because of one guy?

After school hours, I went to the bathroom for a while. I could hear some girls whispering and giggling about something but the weird thing was, they immediately stopped talking as soon as I entered the bathroom. One of them was Jiyeon. Ever since the other day, she never pretended to be close to us anymore. Thank goodness! But in the end, she kind of won, right? I mean, she did break Myungsoo and I apart.

I got out of the bathroom only to realize I left my purse in there. I was about to step back in when I accidentally heard their conversation.

"Unnie, are you sure this is gonna work? What if the oppas are angry at us?" it was the girl with the ponytails that shot me the death glare.

"Don't worry. They'll thank us instead. See what happens with Soojung! Now, what difference does it make for that other ?" Jiyeon said.

I leaned myself on the wall and covered my mouth. I couldn't believe what I just heard! Whatever they were talking about made me feel uneasy. Like, like something really bad was going to happen.

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! HEHE, BUT STILL I HOPE YOU GUYS STAY WITH ME TILL THE END OF THIS STORY :D COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND ENJOY~~