Two Fathers and a son story; 01

Two Fathers and a son story



~*~*~*~

Someone bouncing on his bed caused Ryeowook to groaned and open his eyes. On his surprise, Kyuhyun was standing on his bed, with a goofy look on his face. 

"Wookie-hyung! Wake up!"

Kyuhyun started to wiggle, and Ryeowook grabbed the boy's hips and tickled him, "Why the hell did you wake me up?"

"Because!" Kyuhyun was releasing a chain of laughters, as Ryeowook was tickling his sides.

"Uh, uh. That's not a reason."

"Stop, hyung! I want- to- eat- break fast!" 

Ryeowook stopped tickling him, and sat. Kyuhyun hugged his waist then, "I love you hyung."

"Aw, my baby." Ryeowook shuffled Kyuhyun's hair "I love you too." 

"Hyung! I'm not a baby anymore! I'm 10! Like this! "He then showed his hands. "See? And I was about to tell you that Sungminnie-hyung called and he said that 'Get your ing in the office, because you two have a report to be filed this morning.'" 

Ryeowook jumped from his bed and ran to his bathroom. "Get ready Kyu, we don't want to be late!"

~*~*~*~

Ryeowook pulled in front of Kyuhyun's school entrance. "Prince Kyu, we're here." He then kissed Kyuhyun's cheeks. 

"Wha What hyung?!" Kyuhyun wiped his cheeks with his hand. "What if my fans saw that? That would be a big turn off! If I lose a number of fans on my fancafe site, you'll buy me a box of donuts, then."

The older chuckled, "Alright, Prince Kyu. Now, get out before your class started." He then pushed him out of the car, causing the younger to grimace. 

"You told me I'm evil, you should know where did I got my genes from."  He then ran towards the gate, "Bye, hyung, see you later!"

"That kid." Ryeowook fondly shook his head, and left for work.

~*~*~*~

"Kim Kyuhyun!" Kyuhyun looked back to see his friend, Lee Hyukjae running towards him. 

"Oh, hyung? What's up?" He asked, then opened his locker. Hyukjae stood beside him, and sighed. 

"Someone is looking for you?"

Kyuhyun frowned. "Me? Who?" 

"I am." Both boys look up and saw a rather dashing young man who was crouching over them, with a gentle look on his face. "Are you Kim Kyuhyun?"

"Yes, I am." Kyuhyun's frown deepened. 'What did Wookie hyung said about strangers? Yeah, don't talk to them.' "I'm sorry to be impolite, but my hyung told me not to talk with strangers. Oh, maybe I want to be impolite."

The man chuckled, and ruffled Kyuhyun's hair. The younger immediately slapped the hand, "Only my closest persons can do that. It's a privilege." He smirked. 

"Your hyung taught you well, but, aren't you curious about what would I tell you?"

Kyuhyun turned around to left. "No. Not a bit. Come on Hyukjae hyung. We'll be late."

"Even if, it's about your father?"

Kyuhyun froze, and his eyes widened. 

~*~*~*~

Being a father of a 3 year old boy wasn't easy for the 21 year old Kim Ryeowook. He was a newly graduate student, juggling two part time jobs. But he survived. For seven years. He could proudly say that he raised a son with his sweat and blood.

He can still remember how he got Kyuhyun that time. It was one rainy night, Sungmin, his bestfriend, just left, and he was trying to figure out how he could fix his cupboard door when the door bell rang. 

He opened it, and saw a couple of social workers, a lawyer, and a three year old boy.

After the social worker had finished explaining, he immediately want to throw the child to their faces. Apparently, he was his sister's child, and his sister, god bless her soul, joined my parents in the other world, leaving her innocent three year old son, and her complicated-struggling-twenty-one year  old brother. He immediately want to searched for the imbecile who have his sister pregnant and catastrate him. He wanted to return the boy to his father.

But when the young Kyuhyun blinked at him, followed by a soft smile, all the plans had been threw out the window.

Kyuhyun is not a perfect son. He's sarcastic, witty, and a bit evil. Ryeowook vaguely imagined what would Kyuhyun be in his teens. But then, aside all this, the boy was sweet, caring, and warm, completely contradicting the evil attitude. 

But at the same time, Ryeowook knows he, himself is not a perfect father. He always forgets to iron Kyuhyun's clothes, and now they were depending on the laundry shop, he rarely cook food for Kyuhyun, and both of them were eating ramen most of the nights, especially when Ryeowook has a late meetings. He seldom attend Kyuhyun's school activities, due to his schedule. But despite all these, they were perfect for each other. 

He hummed as he ran to the elevator, and was a bit jumpy when he reached his floor.

"Hi, Ryeowook ssi."

"Hello, Seohyun-ssi."

He then turned to his left and straight to Sungmin's office. He and Sungmin were college friends. He was the only person, aside from his Kangin hyung, Ryeowook can trust.

"Sungminnie. Here's the report you're requesting for." He handed him a folder, and head to his office, but not before a soft 'Thank you' from Sungmin was heard.

Ryeowook dropped himself into his swivel chair. Just then his phone rang.

"Yes, Luna? Oh. Tell her I'll be there in a minute." 

He stood up and walked towards their manager's office. Though, he was wondering what he did this time. He knocked politely, and stuck his head inside.

"Oh, Mr Kim. Please come in and have a seat."

"What's this about, Yeon?" He asked, using her nickname he grew fondly off, and she blushed. 

"Um, How should I tell you this,"

"Oh. Am I getting fired? " He bit his lips nervously, and stared at the restless hands on his lap. If he get fired, how would he able to raise Kyuhyun?

"No. Uh, definitely not. What I'm trying to tell you is.. Uhm. There's another company who wanted to take you."

Ryeowook blinked. "Take me? What for? And why?" 

"They read your profile and was impressed. They want to know your decision in a month. " Ryeowook continued staring his hands.

"May I know what company is it?"

Taeyeon nodded, she shuffled some folders. "It's Choi Multinational Company" 

 

-0-