Heart and Mind - II

Question Marks of Love

First day of Junior year.

 

Like any other school days, Luhan arrived almost late. Catching his breathe while in the line formation.
"Lu! First day of class! You're like this every year! Your house is near to the school yet you still arrived late! How come?!" Zelo whispered behind him.
"ALMOST late." Luhan corrected. Luhan stared blankly at stage. Looking at Yoona singing their school hymn. Yoona is a part of the school choir. She joined the organization because her crush was a part of it too. Luhan thought it is a reason of obsession.

 

Yoona was running for their line formation going to their classroom, when she didn't notice the wet spot on the ground because of the last night's rain. She was close falling to the ground when Luhan grabbed her elbow and pulled her up. Quickly she said "thanks" to him and Luhan replied with a gentle smile.
"Ah! San!" Luhan's mood switched from light feeling to annoyed when he heard Yoona calling him by his second name with a wrong pronunciation. 
"What?!" He faced back expecting to see a running Yoona he came across face to face with her. Startled, paused. "W-what" Luhan said moving apart.
"No one won right?" Luhan tries to remember what Yoona is talking about. He remember, the New year's eve. "
"Oh... Yeah I still don't know his name." Luhan was already left behind his line. Yoona remembered something and snatched Luhan's arm and slid down to his hand. 
"Can I have  your phone for a second?" 
"What you gonna do with it?" Luhan reluctantly put his hand where his cellphone is.
"Just give it to me!" Yoona got it and  pushed some bottons (because it qwerty model) and handed it back to Luhan. The phone was back to the main menu so Luhan had no idea what Yoona did to his phone.   

 

"Lulu!" Sunny wrapped her arms around Luhan's neck choking him because Luhan is taller than Sunny.
"Sunny! Are you trying to kill me?! Hug me when you're the same as my height. It kills me." Luhan sat down on his chair and Sunny sat at the back of Luhan and beside him Baekhyun sat lousy, infront of him is Zelo who keeps checking on the mirror. 

Sunny stood up and whispered something to Baekhyun and Zelo. What Sunny whispered to the two of them made them sigh. It made Luhan curious and when Luhan came near they all dispersed making him even more curious. 
Seconds. Minutes. They were just looking at Luhan like he's some sort of experiment waiting for a reaction. 
"Now, what is it?" Luhan break the ice, trying to get away from the eyes of the three.
"You've really changed after that girl broke your heart" Baekhyun said in a tone in the middle of doubt and statement.
"What's the connection of heart and mind?" the dumbfounded Zelo asked.
"You dimwit. If one of those two doesn't function you'll be dead." - Sunny
"Nope, the heart is the last organ to stop functioning to declare your body dead." Baekhyun corrected scientifically. 
"Nah! I'm not asking about scientific connection. I'm asking why would a person's mind change if his or her heart is broken or had been hurt?" They were filled with silence. They don't know the answer.    

"I don't know. Its not like it has really a connection. Its my choice to change myself." Luhan answered uneasy with the topic. He doesn't want to talk about everything with Melody two years ago.
"Why?" Zelo curiously asked.
"Aish!   I don't know!" He looked at the opposite side of his friends.
"You're gay." Baekhyun added briefly placing his legs on top of his desk. 
"What did you say?" Like a lightning, Luhan turned around and faced Baekhyun when he heard what he said.
"Do I need to repeat it?" Baekhyun arched his eyebrow. 
"He said you're gay." Zelo repeated being a dumb again. Sunny spanked him in the back of his head lightly, but still made him say "Aw. What's that for?"

"I'm not." Luhan gritted his teeth and looked at the opposite direction. His view was Yoona, at his other side. 
"If you're not then make a boy fall for you." - Baekhyun    What Baekhyun said made Zelo's and Sunny's eyes like its gonna pop anytime. Again Luhan faced Baekhyun.
"Did I hear you say 'boy'? Make a 'boy' fall for Lulu?"- Sunny
"Yup, because making a girl fall for you to prove that you're a guy is too mainstream." Baekhyun said with a smirk. While Sunny and Zelo left jaw-dropped. 
"And what if I don't?" - Luhan
"Nothing. Its for your own benefit." - Baekhyun
"You even look more like a gay than me. " He sneered at Baekhyun.
"No I'm not. I'm sure of myself. You, no, you aren't. You change just because of some sort of First-Love -- First-Heartbreak thing."    

Stupidity.

 

Baekhyun added in his brain.

 

"Good morning class. You have your new classmates." He presented a twins to the class. He gestured to the twins to introduce themselves.
"Hello, I'm Thorin, Youngmin." The one with larger eyes said. 
"Hello! I'm Thorin, Kwangmin!" The other one said with life.
They look so alike, from their head to toe, from left arm to right arm, from their front body structure to back body structure. The only difference is their bangs, Youngmin's bangs is to the left whilst Kwangmin's is to the opposite side.  No one could differentiate them except for themselves.
 

 

It's already lunch time. The bestfriends, Sunny, Zelo, Luhan, and Baekhyun sat at their place. They were chit chatting then a hot substance was poured on Baekhyun's school uniform. "What the!" He looked at the one who did it to him and saw a girl sitting on the floor. Luhan who was seating infront of Baekhyun immediately stood up and picked up the girl.
"Are you alright?" He left her sit on his place.
"Sun? Are you nuts? I'm the one who was poured." Luhan just gazed at him

"Why are you crying?" Luhan asked the girl while he's kneeling and rubbing the grains of rice on her uniform.
"Be-because he's mad at me." She pointed at Baekhyun.
"Well who wouldn't be mad at what you did? There's still half of the day to go and I'm wet. Not just wet, smelling wet."
"Baek!" - Sunny
"I-didn't notice my soup was already spilling some of it fell on the ground and that made m-me slip. I-I'm sorry. I s-so clumsy." She said between her sobs. 
Luhan handed out his hanky and gave it to the girl. "Don't cry now. He's not really mad, he was just shocked okay!" He said with a smile that says 'cheer up!'   
"What's your name?" Luhan was looking at the girl's nametag but he wanted to hear it from her. 
"Park Charyeol, oppa!" She said with a sweet sm.
"Oppa? You're a freshmen?" Charyeol nodded.
"Aha..." She said with an impish grin. He pat her head. Luhan found Charyeol a tall girl when she stood up. Much taller than him. 

"Ah... oppa." Luhan looked at Charyeol. "You can call me 'Charry'" She waved goodbye.

"Jay! The heck!" Baekhyun shouted at Luhan. Baekhyun is the only person who calls Luhan by his three names. He calls him 'Luhan' when his mood towards Luhan is fine. 'Sun' when his confused with him. And 'Jay' when his angry at him. It's like some sort of difficulty level, Easy-Medium-Hard or sizing, Small-Medium-Large.
"After I eat my lunch, we go to our house and I'll lend you my spare uniform. Anymore question?" - Luhan "Discussion settled." He sat down and ate his lunch.

 

 

Luhan got his bag ready to go home. "Hey, yo we're neighbors right?" Asked one of twins. 
"Yup."
"Uh... Can we ask you a favor? Can you accompany us in going home?"
"Oh...sure."

 

Youngmin kept looking on his phone, whilst Kwangmin kept on glancing right to left, like looking for something and finally he found it when he said:  "Oh, there it is!" He pointed at the room on the right side. 4-A. The room is dark since its already 6 o'clock. It was beforetime twilight when they adjourned the meeting with the new class officers about their acquintance party. Luhan was elected President, Sunny for Vice President, Yoona for Secretary, the twins for Treasure and Auditor.

Kwangmin peeked inside the classroom.
"Hey..." the three jumped away from the classroom. It was the boy from the new year's eve.
"Hyung! We thought you went home first!" Kwangmin said to his hyung.
"Hyung?" Luhan asked with amazement.

"Oyy!" Yoona was on her knees, catching for her breath. "You left this." She raised her left arm handing a pikachu keychain. Yoona's eyes pop out when she raised her head and saw the boy from the new year's eve.
"O..."
"This... this is your room? You're a senior?" Luhan stuttered with awe.
"Thank you for returning this back! This is my favorite! What would I do if this will be lost?" Kwangmin thanked Yoona clasping the keychain in his hand.
"You're welcome. You're lucky I'm part of the cleaners for today." Yoona smirked.

The hyung putted his arms over the shoulders of his twin brother. "We should be going now, before mom starts nagging us on the phone."
"Bye!" Kwangmin waved bye to the two.

Yoona and Luhan left standing in awe and amazed about what they knew. But there's still one thing they don't know about him. 

"His name!" They both said in unison.

"Hey!" The three brothers were still at the crossing of the lobby. They turned around when they heard Luhan.

"You know... you'll be here for a long. We'll be seeing each other because we're on the same school--" Luhan tries to find a way asking the hyung's name without asking directly.

"What's your name?" Yoona asked directly.

"Me?" The twins pointed at themselves. Yoona shook her head and pointed at their hyung.

"Ah..." - Twins

"Me, Thorin, Sehun Rain...Pardon but our lil sis is waiting outside." He pronounced 'Sehun' as 'Thehun' Luhan guessed that Sehun has a lisp.

"Not really..." Youngmin smirked.

As the brothers walked away, twins looked their shoulders. Youngmin smiled at them, while Kwangmin waved bye and mouthed "Thank you".

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Hey everyone! Thanks for the 70 reads! Sorry for the typos and grammar errors. ^_^