The Meeting

Before Rising Blood Academy

Wolves are not supposed to be lone creatures. We are not used to wandering alone. We were created as pack animals for a reason. Two, three, four to a pack. It doesn't matter as long as there is more than just the lonliness of your own mind, your own insanity. Especially for a werewolf.

 

Jonghyun and I spent most of our younger days down at the riverbed. We'd always manage to give our parents the slip and race each other, slipping and laughing, bare skin brushing against each other as we nestled against the grass that ran alongside it. Jonghyun would often fall asleep with his head resting on my thigh as I his hair gently, trying to lull him to sleep. I remember... his hair used to be so soft and I'd twirl it through my fingers, tugging ever so harder than gentle to wake him up when it was getting dark, a sign if we didn't get home our parents would kill us.

This also happened to be where we met Mir. We had been lounging sleepily on the edge of the river, ignoring the water lapping at our skin when there was a sudden high pitched scream from further down. Jonghyun had been the first one up having for once been more awake than me. I was a little more sluggish as I tried to rub the sleep out of my eyes leaping after my friend and racing down the river.

"Kyuhyun! Look!" I could hear worry in Jonghyun's voice and followed where his finger was pointing and noticed a small boy in the river, thrashing wildly. My eyes widened and I paused long enough to kick off my shoes before wading out and speaking in a low voice to try and calm him. "Hey kid, shh I'll help just relax and stop kicking!" I ended up almost yelling. The idiot latched onto me, fingers clinging desperately and I couldn't blame him as it was obvious he couldn't swim. With a small grunt I pulled him up against me. It wasn't deep in the water, I could touch the bottom with the tips of my toes so I was able to pull him out onto the edge where Jonghyun took care of him.


"He better still be alive, my clothes are saturated because of him..." I muttered, trying to wring out my shirt before giving up and pulling it over my head, laying it out in the sun to dry. Jonghyun was tapping this small boys cheek and the boy, just as full of life as Jonghyun, was tapping Jonghyun's nose and giggling softly. I ignored the fact that my stomach was clenching with jealousy and knelt down next to them.

My tone was filled with more venom than I meant it to as I tapped the small boys shoulder. "Hey kid what's your name?" He glanced at me with a tilt of his head and said in a happy voice. "Mir." I smiled slightly and held out my hand, taking his small warm one in my own and shook gently. "I'm Kyuhyun." I said with a smile and then pointed at Jonghyun. "And this is Jonghyun."

And then all of a sudden there was another friend with us, Jonghyun and I had a shadow. Mir was never one to lead and let himself follow us older two, content to just follow. He proved to be quick at annoying me, finding my buttons extremely easy to push and a lot of the time Jonghyun had had to pull him back or send me off somewhere to calm down. My anger was quick to flare. Even before the change.