Meet SHINee

Who's dat Girl ?!

Who’s dat Girl?!: Meet SHINee

 

"Hello guys! I'm going to be your manager from this day on. You have all already met me, but I'll introduce myself again. My name is Park Chin Ho. I see one of you is late already, wonderful…"

Taemin was carefully examining the 3 boys standing around. They all looked nice and just as nervous as he was. Then suddenly the door burst open and a handsome boy stumbled inside, grinning like a fool. 

"Ah! Kim Kibum, thank you for finally joining us."

"Sorry sir. I got into some trouble on the way here…"

"You know this wouldn't happen if you were a little more… reserved.", the dinosaur-looking guy in and chuckled.

Apparently, they were already acquainted.

"You know I can't do that!", came the cheeky reply. After that, no one said anything for a while. They just kept eyeing Taemin awkwardly, until the manager broke the silence.

"Why don't you all introduce yourself first? Onew, you go first."

Sure enough, a friendly-looking guy stepped forward and bowed slightly before speaking.

"Hello everyone! My name is Lee Jinki, but Onew is going to be stage name. I'm going to be SHINee's leader."

"… because I'm the oldest.", he added after a moment.

Onew went round and greeted everyone one by one. When he reached Taemin, he swiftly grabbed his hands and planted a big kiss on both of them.

What the- ?!, Taemin couldn't help thinking. He was completely surprised and unsure how to react. He decided to just ignore the gesture.

"Don't mind him too much. Onew's a total clown.", someone whispered in his ear. It was the dinosaur.

"Jonghyun…", the manager said. He was clearly annoyed at the boys slowness.

"Hi! I'm Kim Jonghyun. I'm the lead vocal. And that one…", he pointed at the boy who had come a little late, ”is Kim Kibum."

"Hi there! Just call me Key. I'm vocal, dancing and OF COURSE visual. It's kind of obvious, though."

Suddenly Key closed in on Taemin. There were only a few centimeter between them now. He grabbed Taemin's face, turning it left and right, examining him from all sides. Then, he just stared in his eyes without saying anything.

"Haven't we met before?", he finally asked.

"Eeeerm… I don't think so?"

"Are you sure?"

Jesus, would he just let it go?!, Taemin cursed secretly.

Suddenly the dinosau- I mean Jonghyun bent over holding his stomach. He was laughing at the top of his lungs and the were tears in his eyes. He could barely stop giggling to say something…

"K-Kibum ah… That, that is by far the w-worst pickup line I have EVER heard… and, since when do you go for guys?"

"SHE'S A GUY?!", Onew blurted out. His eyes were wide with shock and his mouth was hanging wide open.

Did he think I was a girl? Seriously? Even though we're being introduced as a new member in an all-BOY band?! Heck… that didn't even make sense!!, Taemin was completely shocked. How could someone be so, so stupid.

But, come to think of it… Taemin also felt like he had seen Kim Kibum before somewhere. Where could it have been? Café… Bookstore… Hotel… Train… uuuuhm… wait, TRAIN STATION! Could it be?

"Aren't you that cross-dresser?", Taemin blurted out, immediately regretting his words.

The room fell completely silent again. The only sound to be heard, was the wind. Then the manager cut it, again.

"Cross-dresser? What exactly is he talking about Kim Kibum?"

If their manager found out that the trainees were ALREADY causing trouble, their debut could be postponed… or worse. An idol cross-dressing in public (for real, not just for laughs) would be very bad for the group's image.

Luckily, before the situation could get any worse… Onew stepped in:

"Cross-dressing! Don't you think you mistook him for someone else? None of US are cross-dressers…", he said. His acting was surprisingly quite good.

"You better not be."

And with that, the manager gave everyone a last warning glare before he excused himself to attend to other duties. Obviously, leaving 5 very awkward boys behind.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

OMG! I'm so sorry!! This chapter is so… rushed. I'll try to go over it again while I work on the 3rd chapter. Please forgive me being so late… I just… get distracted easily ><