Chapter 5

The daughter of a boxer

It was now lunch time, I had half an hour for break. The cafeteria was packed with a lot of people, there wasn't any vacant seat left. I didn't feel hungry at all.

I popped a coin into the vending machine and got myself a can of soda. ''Hey hey hey, Hye Rin-ah! Over here!'' Someone shouted.

 

I looked towards the direction of the voice. It was BaekHo , he was waving his arms in the air. His friends was looking at my direction, with smiles plastered on their face. A guy with a cap jabbed him in the ribs and pointed to me while he whispered something to BaekHo. With a smirk on his face, he looked over to me while BaekHo came closer to me.

 

''Hey, would you like to sit with us? '' BaekHo asked me, I was bored and I hardly know anyone in school except for BaekHo, MinHyun, JR and Ren. I don't mind though. I nodded and he lead me there.

 

''Guys, meet Oh Hye Rin. Hye Rin, meet the guys, I'm sure you know JR and MinHyun .'' He introduced.

''Hi, the name is Jung Byun Shin, but I'd rather you call me Shin. '' one with a huge eyesmile said.

''Lee Kwang Hee, '' the one who smirked said.

Everyone looked at Ren, waiting for him to introduce himself. But after 15 seconds of waiting BaekHo decided to break the silence. ''He is Ren, the one you're sitting next to in class. Don't mind him, he's like that.'' I nodded.

 

I was chatting with the guys so much that half an hour had already past and I didn't notice. One thing I noticed was, BaekHo loves talking, JR may look scary but he's not, MinHyun is a cleanfreak , Shin is really funny and Kwang Hee was a typical playboy. Ren...he was totally silent in our whole chat.

 

We went back to our classes, I went into our classroom followed by JR, MinHyun, BaekHo and Ren. All the girls in the classroom didn't even bother to say crap about us, thank goodness.

I went back to my seat and got my books ready. But I noticed someone staring wide-eye at me. I looked up and I almost jumped.

 

''Hi! What's your name? I'm Jeon Cho Ah! Nice to meet you, how do you like this school so far? Did you make any friends? Let's be friends!'' She said in one breath. I was shocked.

''Uhh...I'm Hye Rin.'' I shyly smiled.

''Awhh!! Hye Rin, that's a cute name! Tell me more about you.'' She said, but before I could even answer the teacher arrived.

''Oh, Cho Ah! Don't scare the new kid with your over-friendlyness.'' The teacher joked and the whole class laughed, ''But songsae-nim! I was trying to make her open up!''

 

''Your reasons are invalid, now let's start our lesson,'' the teacher joked.

 

Classes in this school was fun, but I can't help that I feel someone was looking at me all the time. I keep on wondering, why is Ren so quite while all his friends are so loud and cheerful? Why was he always so untardy yet he was chosen as the class president?

 

The first day ended really fast.  Cho Ah and I became really close. But isn't it normal for someone to be shy when they first meet someone? Or is it just me? BaekHo is walking me home, even though I declined his offer. I felt thankful to him though.

 

First day of school. Not bad, hopefully it isn't going to end like last time...