Chapter 3

The daughter of a boxer

''Hye Rin!'' a shout was heard from my bedroom window. I looked outside. BaekHo was waving his arms around trying to get my attention. Once he saw me, he gave a broad smile. It was 6:30 a.m. , school doesn't start in another hour or so. What's he doing here so early?

 

I ran downstairs and let him in. ''How long have you been waiting here?''

''About five minutes. It wasn't really long.'' He laughed. ''Make yourself feel at home,'' I said. ''I'm gonna take a shower, help yourself to anything.'' He sat on the couch in front of the TV and switched it on. I got a cup of water for him and left.

 

After a shower, I changed into the school uniform given. Half an hour left, BaekHo was still watching TV. 

 

''You hungry?'' I asked. He turned to me and nod his head. '' You ready? Lets get a 'Grab n Go' .'' Grab n Go are everywhere in Korea, you can find 'Grab n Go's in an area.

 

We reached a shop at the corner near the school. Heavenly aromas filled the air. I  ordered a ham and egg sandwich with a cup of hot chocolate while BaekHo ordered a boxed ramen with cold ocha. We paid and continued walking.

 

''YAH BAEKHO-AH!!'' Someone shouted while running towards us at the speed of light. Almost colliding into BaekHo. ''Hi! Oh, who's this?'' a boy with red hair asked. ''I'm JR.'' he beamed, ''And that boy over there is MinHyun.'' he said, pointing to the tall guy walking towards us.

 

''H-hi, I'm Oh Hye Rin.'' I bowed. BaekHo was choking at the sudden bear hug from JR. ''Heheh..sorry about that.'' he apologized.

 

''So, Hye Rin, which class are you in?'' MinHyun asked.

I took out my file which I kept all the important documents. ''3-A''

''Hey! Thats our class!  You're the new student?''  JR joined. I nodded.

''Is that so? Lets be friends, you can call me JongHyun but I think JR sounds better.'' he reached his hands out and I shook it , and MinHyun too.

 

BaekHo cleared his throat as a reminder that he's still here. ''C'mon , we'd better get going before we're late. We don't want Hye Rin to be late on her first day do we?'' 

''Let me take you to your class, Hye Rin.'' JR offered but BaekHo pulled me with him.

''Bye JR , bye MinHyun. ''I waved at them and followed BaekHo.