Foggy in Mind and Action

Chocoholics

The walk to Donghae's apartment was much longer than it should have been, Eunhyuk tripping and stumbling about, even running into a few of the sparce amounts of people on the sidewalks that night, causing Donghae to apologize continually for his 'friend's' drunken state whilst trying to stop the blonde's small cries of sadness. Very hectic for a quiet night, wouldn't you say? A good half an hour of that night was spent with Donghae and Eunhyuk trying to get to an apartment that was only about two blocks away. The blonde was of no real help to the effort in his current state, either, and the chocolatier grew weary by the time they reached the upstairs block. As they stumbled inside, Eunhyuk's legs gave out and Donghae was forced to practically drag the dead-weight, knocked-out body over to the couch. Then Donghae sat down on a chair next to the couch after getting himself a cup of coffee and waited..and waited......and waited. After approximately an hour, the blonde-bowl-cut began to stir, though Donghae knew better than to think the alcohol was out of his system.

 

"H-hey.....W-what'm I doin' here?" Eunhyuk mumbled, rubbing his chocolate eyes as if to try and wipe the drunken smudging from his vision. He slowly began to sit up, but Donghae got up and pushed him back down onto the couch.

 

"Lie down. We're in my apartment... You're here so you can rest, remember?" The chocolatier quickly grabbed a warm blanket, lying it over the man on his couch. "You're going to sleep tonight and tomorrow morning, I'm going to take you out to eat at a very good café I know to help your inevitable hangover.... Got it?" Donghae earned a nod from this explination from Eunhyuk and the blonde lay down again, closing his eyes. 'If only he was here on his own accord...,' Donghae thought sadly before getting himself back up to go to his own room to sleep, leaving the bathroom door open in case of emergencies for Eunhyuk and locking all the exit doors.

 

------------

 

Later the next morning, Donghae woke to a loud thump, eyes immediately wide as they opened themselves. His limbs seemed to work without him as he rushed out into the livingroom to find out what the sound had been caused by. There he found Eunhyuk toppled onto the floor from the couch and holding his head; no blood could be seen, though, so that was good. Walking over, Donghae helped the man up, using a low, quiet voice to not make the blonde's hangover any worse.

"Are you alright?" he asked. Eunhyuk looked at Donghae and gave a confused look.

"Donghae?.... W-What am I doing in your apartment?" he asked, freeing his arms from the guiding grasp of Donghae's hands.

"You're here because I found you dead-drunk last night..... You agreedto have me take you home for the night and out for breakfast. Now...we should get going."

"Hey, I should call my girlfriend first," the hungover Hyukjae said, pulling out his phone, seeming somewhat frustrated as he looked through his contacts. "Well...What the hell....her number was in here last night.."

"You told me that you two broke up," the chocolatier mumbled, not wanting to protrude too much into the blonde's thoughts. Eunhyuk paused at the comment and sighed, slouching back down onto the soft couch that Donghae possessed.

"Oh yeah.... That's right.... Heh... That's why I got drunk last night...," he whispered in a sad recollection. "Y'know, Donghae, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to just go home." The chocolatier shook his head.

"No... I want to help you get over this hangover before anything else. I'll get you an asprin, then we're going to a diner and getting you a good fried breakfast." Eunhyuk sighed heavily and nodded a bit, probably deciding that it was no use arguing with the man before him. He got up from the couch again and went to put on his shoes. Donghae, in the mean time, got an asprin and a glass of water for Eunhyuk, having him take it before they left the apartment and walked to the nearest diner. There, he orded Eunhyuk a cup of coffee, two eggs, three sausage links, toast, and hashbrowns. Donghae himself got a simple cheese danish drizzled with chocolate and some coffee.

"God.... You never really get away from chocolate, do you?" Eunhyuk asked as he slowly ate his meal, the grease slowly deadening his hangover.

"Not really, no. I seem to always bask in it's essence, don't I?" Donghae replied, biting into his danish, then taking a drink of his coffee. "Pretty soon I'll end up smelling like it."

"I'm surprised you don't already... From what I remember when I would go to your shoppe, you rarely took breaks and when you did, you stayed in that shoppe." With a shrug, Donghae nodded some with a bit of acknowlegdement to the statement.

"It could have been worse. The new atmosphere is nice to look at."

"New atmosphere? What do you mean?"

"What do I mean? ...Oh, yes, that's right. You haven't been to my chocolate emporium recently... I completely re-did everything there. New tiling, new call cover, new display case.. Heh... If I ever hear from him again, I've even got a new employee," Donghae explained, pulling out money to pay for their breakfasts, leaving a nice tip as well. "But knowing him, he's probably ran off to never be hear from again." The two of them stood and walked out.

"Sounds like you changed a lot there...," Eunhyuk said quietly. The two of them stopped right outside the diner and spoke with each other a little longer before Donghae looked at a street clock and noticed the time.

"Goodness, look at the time... Almost eleven. I should have opened an hour ago...," he said reluctantly, adding a sigh to the end of the statement.

"Oh... I'm sorry to have kept you from work for so long. You probably have to go now, don't you?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Well... Thank you for taking care of me...and for breakfast. Maybe I'll see you later," Eunhyuk said quietly, looking at Donghae. Then, something quite odd happened to the chocolatier that he never would have expected to happen with all that had recently went on. Slowly, the blonde leaned in and gave him a soft, quick kiss, leaving Donghae blushing and surprised. "Bye, then," was all Eunhyuk said before he ran off.

The entire day, Donghae was foggy in his mind and actions, little slip-ups making it a rather unproductive day....but then again.... It was more than worth it for this foggy, frazzled chocolatier.