Meeting Again

The Space Between Us

Just a little bit more, Himchan thinks. Just a little bit more and I'll be able to see Yongguk hyung again.

He peeks out at the three members of the gang who had taken his brother. According to Jongup, they were called Skrull, and they moved headquarters every month to avoid anyone finding them. He'd come this close to finding their headquarters several times before, but he'd either lost them or he was discovered and had to run away.

Not this time, Himchan smirks, edging around the corner and dashing after them the moment they run off towards their headquarters.

"Well, well, well. Look who's here." A smug voice speaks from behind Himchan, and he whirls around, recognising the voice immediately.

"Gukkie hyung!" Himchan is about to run up to him and fling his arms around him, but he notices something which makes him stop in his tracks.

The tattoo of a cracked black skull with an axe on it, big and visible on Yongguk's neck, just below his jawline.

"Why? Afraid of me now, Channie?" The way he says the younger boy's nickname sends shivers down the said boy's spine.

"Come and join us. We'll have the power together. Nobody will dare to hurt us, especially not that bastard of a father." He smirks, "I killed him, by the way."

"What happened to you?" Himchan looks up at Yongguk with disappointment and fear in his eyes. "I know you hate Father, but I never thought you'd do something like kill him..."

"Well, I changed." Yongguk smirks, moving closer to Himchan, who only backs away.

"Yeah. You've changed..." Himchan bites his lip, and he turns and runs away.

 

 

"Hyung, he's changed..." Himchan bursts out into tears the moment Jongup asks him what was wrong.

"People change, kid. You've changed from a noisy and good-for-nothing brat into who you are now." He pauses for a moment, before continuing, "People have their reasons to change. I changed too."

"How so? And what was the reason for it?"

Jongup looks like he was about to spill for a moment, but he quickly collects himself and curtly replies, "Well, do you think I would tell you?"

"No..." Himchan pouts.

"Good. I'm off to sleep." Jongup gets up, heading for bed without a single word of goodnight.