Saved

The Space Between Us

"Leave Channie alone." Yongguk growls, before cursing himself when he realises he just gave away Himchan's name. Or, more precisely, his nickname.

"Channie? His nickname, I presume?" The tallest male, evidently their leader, saunters over to Himchan, looking him up and down. With rough and callused fingers, he lifts the younger's chin, forcing him to look up at him. He surveys his face, and smirks.

"Well, this 'Channie' is pretty. He's just my taste." The tall, blonde male steps back, and commands, "Get them."

Immediately, his henchmen swarm onto the two, trying to bind them with ropes. Yongguk fights most of them off, but a short brunette is too fast for him, and he lands a punch on Yongguk's stomach, effectively winding him. While Yongguk struggles against the men who are binding him, the rest of the gang advance onto Himchan.

Afraid of the men with their leering faces, Himchan turns and bolts, not caring where he's going--right now, all he wants to do is to escape.

He runs straight into a young man, and immediately apologises, before trying to run around him, but he is too late. The gang has caught up, and Himchan cowers behind the stranger in fear.

"Get out of the way." The leader with the curly blonde hair glares at the stranger.

Instead of replying, the stranger swings his fist at the leader, his fist connecting with his jaw. Blood leaks from the corner of his lips and the leader snarls angrily. His henchmen rush towards the blonde stranger with metal poles and spears, but instead of using one of the old and chipped arrowheads littered around the garbage cans, he simply fights back with his bare fists, using the spears they drop to defend himself.

Soon, all the henchmen are exhausted and injured, and the leader walks up to the blonde male, smirking.

"Well, you've definitely improved."

The blonde male's jaw clenches and he stiffens, and Himchan looks up worriedly. How could a simple sentence affect him so much, when a whole gang attacking him with weapons barely affected him?

"Anyway, feel free to join us any time. We'll always welcome a good fighter like you, Jongup."

"Never." Jongup snarls, his grip on the bloodied spear tightening.

"My, my. Feisty, aren't you." The leader chuckles darkly, reaching out for Himchan, who backs away quickly. Jongup moves in front of him, exactly like Yongguk did, and Himchan suddenly feels that he can trust this 'Jongup'.

"Leave off him, Chanyeol."

"Leave off him? My, someone's found a new lover."

"He is not my lover."

Chanyeol ignores his statement. "Be careful of falling in love. You never know who might become the next Sunhwa."

Jongup freezes, and Himchan looks up worriedly again. Who was this Sunhwa, and why did her name have such a big impact on Jongup?

Eyes narrowing, Jongup punches Chanyeol hard, and Himchan gasps, startled.

"Do not ever mention her again." Jongup growls, grabbing Himchan by the wrist and pulling him away.

The short brunette who had winded Yongguk rushes forward to stop Jongup, but Chanyeol stops him.

"Let him go, Baekhyun." Chanyeol's lips curl up into an evil smile, "I'd like to play a little game with him."

 


 

This is turning out to be longer than I expected OTL.

From how this is turning out I think this might be more than 5 chapters long... I originally wanted this to be a oneshot/twoshot xD

Talking about oneshots...

OMG HAVE YOU SEEN B.A.P'S ONE SHOT /SPAZZES

This was supposed to be an EXO fic but after watching the MV...

B.A.P is so hot when they're gangsters, it'd be an injustice not to use them for this fic. XD

Okay, my author's note is becoming too long.

/rolls away awkwardly

EDIT: I changed Jieun to Sunhwa, since other than shipping B.A.P OTPs, I also kinda ship Himchan/Hyosung and Yongguk/Jieun, so...yeah. You get the point XD