“ butterfly ” ↷ haesica

“ one way to love ” ↷ supergeneration oneshots ┇ valentine special

 

 butterfly

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

DongHae x Jessica ¦ 〈 HaeSica 〉

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Holding onto the music sheet tightly, she was ready to get to the stage. It was only five minutes left before she got to go and did her performance for the first time, singing to the crowd. Inhaling for a long breathe, she tried to calm her heart that had been beating rapidly at the time.

A tap on her shoulder made her turn around, seeing a beautiful lady in front of her which is her mother. She gave her daughter a smile and assured her that it would be okay, stay calm and sing.

“Jung Jessica, 3 minutes more!” someone called her.

The Barbie-looked girl gave her a nod before she ran to the dressing room, fixing her make-up a little bit. She whispered a good luck to herself.

She was now standing near the stage, waiting for them to call her name. She interlocked her fingers and closed her eyes tightly. She kept on mumbling some words which were her prayer.

“Now, let’s call our beautiful princess, Jung Jessica!”

As she heard the call of her name, she immediately opened her eyes. She stepped onto the stage, followed by some claps from the audience.

She gulped.

She was cursing herself for picking the wrong heels. The heels weren’t comfortable for her feet but she managed to walk to the center carefully.

She narrowed the distance between her lips and the microphone that she was holding. The voice of hers was beautifully heard. The audience went silent at the moment she sang it perfectly. They went along with the beats and rhythm.

A pair of eyes had been watching her all the time, staring at her in amazed. Smirking to himself, he clapped his hands secretly.

 

- - -

 

“Jessica! You did a great job!” Kim Taeyeon, one of her closest friends said as she approached her in the backstage. Jessica smiled and gulped two bottles of mineral water in once. She was in a total nervous.

The older girl gave her a pat on her back before leaving the dressing room. Even though it wasn’t a great performance, she was satisfied enough for being on a stage for the first time.

But the sudden sound of the opened door made her tilt her head. A bunch of girls came in and smiled brightly to Jessica. They dragged her along with them. Outside, Jessica stopped their tracks and asked, “Where are we going?” she asked.

One of the pressed her finger to her lips, telling her to shut up. Jessica pouted but decided to follow.

They stopped at a room, where Jessica couldn’t recognize it. She looked around to make sure what room they were in now. “Girls, tell me.”

“See the guy over there?” Taeyeon whispered to Jessica as she pointed at the other direction. Jessica wiggled her eyebrow to see the person and found a man in black with guitar in his arm.

Observing his face once more, she finally asked, “Yes and why?”

“He will be in our school, starting from tomorrow!”

Jessica shrugged, placing her hands into her pocket and said, “Like I care,” as she walked away.

Jessica wandered around the school, looking for some places to stay. Later on, she found herself in the garden. Feeling the air hit on her skin, she smiled.

Someone also walked pass by. She saw that he was surrounded by girls. She narrowed her eyes. Isn’t he the man with guitar? She asked in her thought.

“I never knew that he is popular, for a new kid.”

 

- - -

 

“Oh come one, Jess! Help your best friend for once!”

Tiffany had been whining around her, asking for her help. Doing the same thing over and over again, Jessica’s answer was still no.

So Tiffany asked for the last time, with a pout.

“Please just for this one!”

Jessica eventually agreed, earning a hug from Tiffany. She thanked her after hugging her tight. “You are the best!” she said cheerfully. Jessica just smiled, not thinking twice about the consequence.

In the next day, Tiffany was waiting for Jessica’s arrival in the front gate. Seeing the girl with ponytail and glasses on, Tiffany smiled brightly.

She approached her, showing a pink envelope. Jessica gulped. Hesitate, she nodded and took the envelope. Tiffany gave her a hug on her neck before whispering a good luck to her.

Recess, Jessica was alone in the class. Tiffany told her that she had something to do with her friend. Taeyeon, Sunny, Yuri and Yoona were in a group for a biology project so they did it in the library. Seohyun accompanied Sooyoung and Hyoyeon in the cafeteria. She was alone in the classroom.

Her eyes caught something. It popped out of her bag. Curiosity ate her alive. She wanted to know what Tiffany had written on it. But she knew she couldn’t presumptuous.

She decided to ignore it, preparing herself to give it to someone.

 

The bell of the last period rang. She packed her books in her bag, hurriedly ran off. She couldn’t be late else she had no chance to give the letter to him.

She saw that he just walked out of Math class with his friends. Waiting for him to be alone, she followed him. They reached the school’s garden, the same place that she visited after her performance. There she saw many couples celebrating Valentine Day. Yes, it was the day.

Some gave their crushes chocolates, roses, and also love letters.

Jessica snapped back as she felt a pair of eyes watching her, right in front of her. There was stood a familiar guy. Oh it was him, she thought.

“What do you want?” he asked softly in a polite manner.

Jessica shook her head, bowed down and gave him the letter. The man accepted the letter confusedly. Before he could say anything, she wasn’t in his sight anymore.

“I hope that guy won’t think that I like him,” she mumbled in her way back to home.

But things were different. In the next day she came to school, the man that she gave a letter was already waiting for her in front of the school’s gate, along with some girls.

Jessica didn’t feel like she was waited so she walked away to her class casually. The man grabbed her hand to face her. Jessica titled her head and asked, “What?”

He smirked, showing off the letter.

She gaped after reading the whole letter.

 

Damn, I should’ve read it earlier.

 

“I know we just met yesterday but I’ve seen your performance on the stage two days ago. It was fabulous. I wanted to know you more but surprisingly, you are one of my fans. Well, I can’t say anything other than Happy Valentine Day?”

Jessica flushed as they were surrounded by their schoolmates. They were cheering for her to accept him. In the corner of her eyes, she caught Tiffany with a big grin, plastered on her face.

Jessica smiled a little. She now knew what butterfly they meant, in a love dictionary.

She replied, “Happy Valentine Day too, Lee Donghae.”