Beginning of The End?

Forever Mine

 

It was Taecyeon’s graduation day and our two years anniversary that we finally decided to move in together. It might’ve been the best decision I ever made.

            “Baby, I’m home…” I heard his voice.

            “I’m in the kitchen jagiya…” I wiped my hands and walked to the living room. I saw him slumped on the sofa with left arm on his forehead.

            “What’s wrong?”

            “I failed another audition…”

            “You did? Well…there will be next time…”

            “How could stay so positive all these years anyway?”

            “Been there, done that…how do you think I get this far in my job then? I’ve been rejected hundreds of times…got my photos ripped in front of me…and the cursing…you don’t wanna know…”

            “Really?”

            “Yeah…now, go wash up and I’ll set the table….so we could eat…”

Taecyeon POV

I woke up and she was not by my side. She must’ve gone while I was sleeping. I looked at the bedside table and saw a note.

Hey jagiya…

Sorry that I left without saying anything…you’re soundly asleep I don’t have the heart to wake you up. The breakfast is on the table, don’t forget to eat it. And in that envelope…go out and have a drink with your friends…I think  you need to loosen up a bit. I’ll be back late so don’t wait up.

Love,

Your cupcake.

I looked into the envelope and saw a few 10000 won notes.

End of POV

I came home and saw Taecyeon at the couch.

            “I’m home…hey jagiya…”I tried to kiss him but he avoided me. “What’s wrong now?”

            “This…” he slides the envelope I left this morning on the table. “What do you think I am?”

            “Did I do something wrong here?”

            “I don’t need your money…I can find my own…”

            “So that’s what this is all about…look jagiya, I didn’t mean to offend you…”

            “I don’t want people to think that I’m living off with my girlfriend’s money and if your parents knew about this, they will hate me even more…it’s enough that your friends think that I’m some kind of leech getting sponsored by you…”

            “Can’t you think of it as your allowance then?”

            “What am I? Your son?”

            “Okay I’m so damn tired of you being so inferior in our relationship…so I make money more than you…what’s the big deal? I could care less what people think…they didn’t have to involve in our business.”

            “But they’re judging me! Do you know how that feels?”

            “Of course I know! People say things about me too! She paid that guy to sleep with her…no guy would want older woman unless there’s three things involved, , money and benefit…do you want to hear the rest?”

            “Baby…”he looked at me. He tried to reach for my hands but I pulled away.

            “No…I’ve had enough with your attitude. We’re in this together but it seems like I was the one who tried to keep this relationship going. I love you Taecyeon ah but if you’re gonna keep on being like this…I don’t think I can be in this relationship anymore…” I said and walked to the bedroom.

Taecyeon POV

            “No…I’ve had enough with your attitude. We’re in this together but it seems like I was the one who tried to keep this relationship going. I love you Taecyeon ah but if you’re gonna keep on being like this…I don’t think I can be in this relationship anymore…” she said and left.

I never knew she had to face that kind of things. What a selfish jerk I was…

I went to our bedroom and when I opened the door, I saw her sat on the floor leaning against the bed crying.

            “Baby…” I sat next to her and hugged her. “I’m sorry…I was wrong…”

            “Can we please not do this again? I’m so tired of us fighting over this thing…”

            “I’m sorry…I promise I won’t do it again…” I wiped the tears away with my thumbs. “Let’s forget about this ok?”

End of POV

            “Yoon Mi ah…come into my office for a sec.” Jaejoong said sticking his head at the door.

            “Nae…” I put my work down on the table and went into his office. “What’s up?”

            “We need to talk…”

            “That doesn’t sound good…” I sat on the chair in front of him.

            “Well…I got a letter today…from Nigel Barker…”

            “You did?”

            “Yeah…he’s looking for potential photographers to take under his wing and trained professionally…he looked at some of your pictures and decided to offer you a spot…”      

            “He did?”

            “Yeah…here’s the official letter…” Jaejoong hand me over a piece of paper. I read through and still can’t believe my eyes. Me, Ahn Yoon Mi…getting offered by one of the world’s most successful and renowned photographer. This is like a dream come true.

            “Here’s the catch though…you’re have to move to the States and train there…for how long, it depends…”

            “Can I at least think about it first?”

            Sure…but I advice that you take this offer though…it doesn’t come often…”

That night…

I looked at the letter in my hands and started thinking. It was an exceptional offer by one of my greatest mentors and like Jaejoong said this thing doesn’t come often.

Then I got Taecyeon to think about…

            “Baby…you’re not asleep?” he said and turned over. I quickly shove the letter into the drawer next to me.

            “Not yet…I was just thinking…”

            “About what?”he draped his arms over my stomach.

            “Random things…”

Couple of days later…

Taecyeon was gone for the day to attend an audition in Busan and I was left alone at home so I decided to do some serious cleaning. I was rearranging the drawers when I saw an unidentified envelope.

            “What’s this?”

I opened it and it was a contract for Taecyeon to join a casting agency. It was dated a few days ago and I was wondering why haven’t he said anything about this. My eyes are drawn to the lower section of the letter.

Terms and Conditions

1.     All trainees are required to attend acting class, voice class and other required lesson as stated by the agency.

2.     Accommodation is provided by the agency and no strangers are allowed.

3.     The contract period is determined by the agency.

4.     Trainees is not allowed to be in any relationship as it will interfere with the progress of the training

5.     No guarantees are promised in debut date.

This is a great news…being accepted in a casting agency is a big step in making your way into the entertainment industry.

The next day…

            “Sorry I’m late…I get caught up with a friend…” Taecyeon kissed my temple and sat across the table in front of me.

            “I found this…” I showed him the letter. He looked shock but tried to hide it…but we both know he’s not the kind that could hide his feelings well.

            “You did?”

            “Why didn’t you tell me?”

            “It wasn’t important…that’s why…”

            “Are you serious? This is your golden opportunity…this is a well known agency for god’s sake…”

            “I’m not interested…”

            “Taecyeon ah…”

            “I’m not joining the agency…” Taecyeon said and slammed the offer letter on the table.

            “Why not? It’s once in a lifetime chance…”

            “I won’t do it…and that’s final…”

            “You’ve worked so hard and now you’re gonna have the break through you’ve waited for so long…”

            “Will you look at the contract? If I accept it, then it will be end for us…”

            “So? We’re talking about your career here!”

            “There will be other offers…reasonable offers…”

            “What if there won’t be one after this? What are you gonna do then?”

            “Wait and keep working at the studio…besides, you could support me with your photography job…” he chuckled.

            “This is serious Taecyeon ah…this is not something you can joke about.”

            “I’m not…baby, could we just drop this? If getting into an agency means that I would have to sacrifice our relationship, I rather not…we’ve gone too far to get here and I’m not gonna do it…”

            “Taecyeon ah…listen to me…”

            “Baby, I’m not gonna do it…and that’s final…”

I can’t let you do this Taecyeon ah…

Taecyeon POV

I can wait for another offer. I got lines of audition coming and I can’t sacrifice our relationship just to be accepted into an agency.

End of POV

            “I’m gonna do it…” I said as soon as I got into Jaejoong’s office.

            “You do? Great! This could be the big break you need to be the next successful photographer in Korea…’

            “I hope so…so, when do I leave?”

            “Um…as soon as you can I guess…I’ll get everything done like your visa and stuff…you just have to pack your bag and get your passport ready.”

            “Will do…thanks Jaejoong ah…”

            “No problem…looks like I’m gonna lost one of my treasured senior photographers then…” he smiled.

A week later, Jaejoong came to my desk. I was just finishing the final touches for my photos when he put an envelope in front of me.

            “Here’s your visa, flight ticket and all the papers you need. One of my friend will pick you up at the airport…you know Yoochun right?” I nodded. “He found a place for you to stay during your internship…good luck Yoon Mi ah…I know you will turn out great…”

            “Thank you so much Jaejoong ah…you’re really the best cousin ever…”I hugged him.

            “I know…now…starts packing your bag cause your flight is two days away…”

            “Yes sir!”

Two days…that’s all I get left to spend with Taecyeon. I decided to spend the night at my parents so I called Taecyeon that I won’t be going home that day.

Taecyeon POV

I got home the next day and saw Yoon Mi in the kitchen making lunch.

            “You’re back…” she said. I looked at the table and it practically covered by various dishes.

            “Wow! What are celebrating anyway? My birthday is months ago and yours is in two months…our anniversary is couple of weeks ago…”

            “I just feel like cooking…Jaejoong gave me two days off and what a better way to spend it than pampering my boyfriend…” she kissed my lips. “You tasted like strawberry…”

            “I had strawberry gum on the way home…this looks amazing…my woman is such a great cook…”

            “I know…now sit down and we can eat…”

That’s how I spend my remaining two days with him. We went out and having a blast going to the amusement park and walking along the road we used to when we first started dating.

            “Baby, do you remember this street?” he said and slide his arm around my waist.

            “How could I forget? This is where you first kissed me two years ago…”

            “That probably the happiest day in my life…my dream woman decided to be my only woman…”

            “Me too…”

I stopped walking and he looked at me.

            “What’s wrong?”

            “Nothing…I just wanna do this…” I grabbed his collar and pulled him down. Our lips met and I know this would be our last time together. “I love you Ok Taecyeon…now and forever…”

            “I love you too babe…with all my heart…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day dreaded the most came in a blink of an eye. I’ve already send my bags over to Jaejoong’s place a day before so I wouldn’t draw any suspicion from Taecyeon. I looked at him and he was asleep next to me.

I tried so hard not cry but my tears decided to flow anyway. I wiped my years away and kissed his forehead. He stirred a little and woke up.

            “Baby…what time is it now?” his eyes barely opened.

            “It’s still early…go back to sleep, I’m off to the studio now…”

            “Okay…”

            “Love you…”

            “I love you too…” he murmured.

Goodbye Taecyeon ah…

Taecyeon POV

It’s already noon when I woke up. I went for shower and when I come out, I noticed a folded letter on the bedside table. It must be another note from her.

Dear Taecyeon,

By the time you read this letter I will be on a plane thousands of miles away from you. I have to leave jagiya…I have to leave so you could achieve your dream to become a successful actor in the nation. With me out of the way, you were one-step closer to it…

Don’t think that I don’t love you…you’re one of the most important people in my life…you can hate me for now but believe me when I say I did this for your own good. The last two days we spent together will forever be in my heart…

I hope when we met again you’re already a successful actor and I will support you in any way I can. Don’t forget to eat and please have a regular meal, I know how you would skip a meal because you’re too busy memorising the line for auditions.

Finally, I just wanna say I’ll always love you Taecyeon ah…now and forever.

Love.

Your cupcake…

I felt like huge grey cloud forming on top of my head ready for the lightning to strike. I threw the letter away and opened the closet. All her clothes are gone and when I opened the drawer, all that left was her favourite ring.

I tried to call her phone but everytime I did, the machine answer it. There’s someone that might know. I quickly dressed up and went to her studio.

            “Jaejoong hyung…” I said as I saw Jaejoong hyung coming out from the dark room.

            “Taecyeon ah…what are you doing here? Missing Yoon Mi already huh?”

            “Hyung, she said to you that she’s gonna leave?”

            “Yeah…she didn’t tell you?” I shook my head. “But she told me she did tell you…I was at the airport with her this morning…”

Now it dawn to me that she really left me.

            “Um…since that you’re here, there’s something she wanted you to have…she told me to give it you after she went on the plane…” Jaejoong hyung hand me over a small box. I opened it and it was a photo album. I flipped the pages and it was an album with our pictures together. There are even pictures of me that I didn’t knew she took.

A small note came with it.

Our memories together…these moments will forever be in my heart and mind. I love you honey boo…

Honey boo…my pet name given by her. It sounds childish and I usually frowned when she called me that but secretly, I was loving it.

End of POV

 

Part 2...2 more to go....

BBYONG!!!