Later In Life

Forever Mine

 

 

4 years later…

Taecyeon POV

              “And cut! Good job Taecyeon ah…” director Kim Chan Wook patted my back.

               “Thank you sir…” I bowed and went to the resting area.

                “You’re killing the scene man…” Soo Hyun said and fist bump with me. “My turn now…” he got up and walked away. I looked at the script for my next scenes.

It’s been 4 years since she left me and a lot of things has changed. I joined the casting agency and worked my up to get where I am now. With two films and a few dramas under my belt, I think I did well for a rookie young actor who’s been in the industry for only 3 years.

            “Hyung, what’s next on my schedule?” I asked as we’re on my way back to the main office. I just signed up with Jin Young hyung entertainment agency JYPE and it was a great move. He did open a lot of opportunity for me. I get along with most of the artists under the label and it really does feel like a big family there.

            “Um…you have a CF filming at 2pm and after that an interview with MBC Section TV…”

            “Is that all?”

            “Yup…and here’s your necklace…” he gave me a silver necklace with a ring pendant.

silver-ring-pendant-necklace.jpg

            “Thanks hyung…”I put it around my neck.

            “Taecyeon ah…I always wanted to ask you this question…why did you wear that thing? Seems like it never left your neck for some reason…someone gave it to you?” Dongbae hyung asked.

            “Well…this is the only thing that left by the person I loved the most…” I looked at the ring and her face appeared. I wonder how’s she doing right now.

End of POV

I stepped out of the arrival hall and saw Jaejoong’s face among the crowd.

            “Jaejoong ah!” I ran over and leaped on him.

            “Ya Ahn Yoon Mi! I thought you’re never coming back here again…” he said.

            “I have to…this is my home…”

            “Are you coming back for good?”

            “Yup! I hope there’s a spot for me at your studio…”

            “Are you kidding? Nigel Barker top student wants to work with me…of course I have a spot for you…”

In the car…

            “It’s good to be back…it’s been so long…” I said as I rolled the window and felt the air brushing my face.

            “4 years to be exact…I’ve read about your work...it’s amazing…”

            “I tried my best…”

            “I saw the last photo you took for Donna Karan…I guess the years spent on your training did some wonders…”

            “I guess so…”

            “How’s your parents?”

            “They’re doing great…”

My parents came t live with me in the States after a year I went there. They decided to stay there for good as they make new friends and have a quite established Korean restaurant in uptown Manhattan.

            “Um…did you ever call Taecyeon when you’re away?” Jaejoong looked at me.

            “So, did you do what I told you to? I wonder what my new home would look like…” I said looking outside the window.

            “You’re avoiding the question again…”

            “Whatever…”

The truth is, Taecyeon never left my mind for a moment. Everything I did remind me of him. I followed his news and I was ecstatic when he debuted 3 years ago in a film. He finally achieved his dream on becoming an actor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “The new office looks good Jaejoong ah…” I said as I walked into Jaejoong new office/studio building.

            “It will be complete now that you’re with me…” he put his arm around my shoulder.

            “So, do I get my own room now?”

            “You’re gonna get everything…new room, private dark room and an assistant to help you…”

            “Great…I can’t wait to get working again…my hands are itching for camera now…”

            “Don’t worry…there’ll be plenty of jobs waiting…a famous photographer like you are always in demand…”

            “I hope so…”

We entered the office and everybody paid their attention at us.

            “Good morning everyone…let me introduce to you…our latest addition to the team…this is Ahn Yoon Mi…she used to be my junior photographer back in my beginning years…”

            “Annyeong hasaeyo…Ahn Yoon Mi imnida…please take care of me…” I said and bowed.

People starts whispering and looked at us.

            “Hey boss…isn’t she...” one of the guy stood up.

            “Yup…this is the Ahn Yoon Mi…Nigel Barker prized student…she finally decided to join our little family.”

Claps and cheers echoed the office.

            “I never thought someone famous would join our team…this is daebak!” the guy said and smiled.

            “I hope we can work together and get along…” I said.

            “Come, let me show you your new office…”

The work turned out to be great. I have a great assistant name Ray and he’s the sweetest guy ever.

            “Sunbaenim…” he said walking into my office.

            “Ray, how many times I must tell you? Just call me noona…I hate it when they call me with that sunbae crap…”

            “Nae sunbaenim…I mean noona…”

            “What’s up?”I looked at him.

            “The editors at CECI magazine called…they’re wondering if they could use your help in their shoot…”

            “CECI magazine? Sure…but when is it gonna be? I just hope there won’t be any clash with our other event…”

            “I’ve checked the date and we’re free…so, should we take it?”

            “Yup…”

            “Okay…and one more thing, this is the magazine you asked me to get…” he put the magazine on my desk.

            “Thanks Ray, you can go now…”

I took the magazine and it was a magazine with Taecyeon as the cover model. He looked so much better but I noticed that he got a little thinner these couple of months. I just hope he would be fine.

            “Still thinking about him?” Jaejoong was smiling leaning against the door.

            “Yaa! Don’t you know how to knock?”

            “I own this place…I can do whatever I want…” he walked towards me. “You still loved him don’t you?”

            “Yeah…” I nodded.

            “Why don’t you just call him? He’s not gonna appear if you keep staring at the magazine…”

            “He must hate me right now…”

            “How did you know?”

            “I just do…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “Okay, a little to the left…” click. “Tilt your chin a little…nice.” Click. “Okay…one step forward…” click. “Let’s take 5 everybody…” I handed over the camera to the monitor guy.

            “How’s my boy Yoon Mi ah?” Jihoon oppa said looking at his new model.

            “He’s good…give him another 6 months and he will shine…”

            “Thanks Yoon Mi ah…I really appreciate your help…”

            “No big deal oppa…we’ve worked together before right? You’re the one who got me exposed when I first started this…”

            “Hey, it’s different now…you’re famous and most wanted photographer in the country…”

            “But I’m still the same…”

            “You do…I’ll go check on my boy okay?”

            “Nae oppa…hey Ray! Get me my jacket, it’s getting chilly in here…”

            “Coming right up!”

Ray came with my jacket in his hands.

            “Here you go…noona, can I ask you something?”

            “Shoot…” I took a glass of water from the refreshment table and gulp down.

            “You practically have this jacket with you 24/7…is this some kind of lucky jacket or something?”

            “Kinda…”

It’s actually Taecyeon’s favourite jacket. I took it with me when I left…it something to remind me of him.

 

Part 3 .....1 more to go...

BBYONG!!!