TWO

LAST CHANCE

 

 

Mr. Hwong spotted me alone. his sharp eyes was pointing mine. Suddenly everybody paused for a while. It was so silent and I could only hear them... breathing. If only I could run as fast as I can in just a second to leave this room, I just did. But. I wont. I can't. The door  just cracked up the silence. I grasped my wrist and stepped back a little. I peeked at Chae Young and we made eye contact.

 

 

Min Ho came in with his bunchy bag in his hand. I could smell his scent from afar. His perfect soft lips made a smile for everybody. His body was perfectly shaped by his fit white shirt. His  presence suddenly makes me sweat bullets. his eyes were focused to Mr. Hwong. I grasped my wrist to calm myself. 

 

 

"I'm sorry Mr. Hwong, for being late." his soft, smooth voice filled the other part of the gymansium. And my heartbeat filled the other. 

 

"that's okay. drop your bag over there and get back here." Mr. Hwong  ended up pointing  his fingers on me. As if he didn't make an excuse.  I couldn't breathe. Couldn't move. 

 

I watche Min Ho carefully. His movements were flashing in slow motion. He was walking,, towards me. Smiling. I turned my head to find  Chae Young, But I couldn't find her. All I can see were slow motion of movements.  

 

We started the class with Mr. Hwong had us lined up. He kept talking and talking but i actually don't understand what he's saying. Min Ho is standing beside me. But I stand stiff. He was creating a lot of movements like he is getting ready to enter a battle. I kept my hands on the side. I didn't expect this to happen. but I'm happy It does.

 

 

I got attracted. I turned my head slowly to look at him. I can't help but to stare. I wished I could run my fingers through his brown hair. No!  I can't act like a e! I can't flirt!  There a was a pause; He's eyes hit mine. there was smoke around. It's like heaven. I cleared my throat to disturb him. but he didn't turn away. It's so confusing. I couldn't turn away. I was mesmerized. He bit his lower lip.  and made a blink. I heard angelic music in my head. Am I dreaming?  I turned away to see Mr. Hwong. I heard Min Ho chuckled by my sudden movement. I could feel my hand shaking. I took a deep breathe to catch up.

 

 

".... Min Ho and Eun Hye, you'll be performing Ballroom dance." He smiled as he turn away. 

 

"Oh no. Ballroom." I murmured.

 

"any problem with that?" Min Ho whispered in my ear.  felt his soft, warm voice touching my soul.

 

"No." I sighed.

 

"okay students. I'm giving you thirty minutes to practice. then after that, We'll start with Ballet." Mr. Hwong anounced.

Chae Young and Siwon were assigned to ballet. they were so excited. I wish I could feel the same way. 

 

 Min Ho and I started to rehearse. I don't have any idea about dancing ballroom. I want to ask him, But I couldn't even talk. My throat was dry. I tied my long brown curly  hair into horse tail.

 

"You know Ballroom?" At last. He's spoken. I was thinking to answer long but he might get irritated so I answered a short one.

 

"Yup. But I don't know how to do it..  in actual." I faked a smile.

 

"Me too. But I know we could do this. It's not about how we do it well, It's about how we do it right. Right? " He's wide unexpected smile shocked me. I took a deep breathe and smiled. 

 

 

"Right!" I agreed. We made to the middle of the Gym dancing. Yes, dancing. He was holding my hand, the other on my back; mine was on his shoulder,  Motionless. I watched his face as he direct me with my steps. We slightly move; back and forth; left and right.. and perfect. I haven't remembered all the steps he taught me. But I know he would guide me as we move. 

 

 

All the presentations were done. I'm thankful ending ours without full embarrassment. It was pretty hard to perform with tense inside of me. 

 

"At least she was able to manage her feelings.." Siwon chukled. I hit him with my elbow beside me. 

 

 

 

 

The bell rang and everybody stood up. We were all heading up to the locker room. I watched Min Ho leave the gym- He didn't even notice that I was staring at him for the whole time. Now I love thursdays.