Chapter 4

17 Year Old Daddy

 

Chapter 4 
 
Lee Taemin disappeared in a flash immediately after school, but the real question was, I had no idea how to get back to his house. According to the contract, I had to stay in that prison till the birth of the baby. Exasperated and desperate, I tried to to recall the way back to his house. 
 
Eventually, the sky grew dark. For a person with a negative sense of direction, finding the way to his house was indeed the ultimate challenge. It was 9pm and my stomach acid was about to corrode my stomach. Mentally whining, I tried to suppress the hunger. Just then, my phone rang. 
 
"Where are you," demanded the voice impatiently. Lee Taemin? 
 
"I don't know," I replied truthfully. 
 
"Are you freaking kidding me?" He roared into the phone and I had to bring the little blaring electronic device a few inches away from my poor ear. 
 
"No." I stayed as cool as a cucumber. 
 
"You know, if you don't wanna come back, tell me. Don't make me waste my time driving about to find you." 
 
"But... I wanna stay..." No, Sulli, you can't give up halfway. 
 
"So tell me where am I supposed to find you!" Came the low growl. 
 
"I have really no idea! By the way, I'm hungry." 
 
"You little..." 
 
 I heard him take a deep breath, then replied through gritted teeth, "Hand your phone over to a shop owner nearby."  
 
I did as I was told and 15 minutes later, we were speeding down the highway towards home. 
 
My stomach growled all the way through the car ride. Aww man, that was embarrassing. 
 
Lee Taemin was apparently annoyed by the sound and threw me a packet of vanilla cookies. I pouted and complained, "I don't like vanilla... I like chocolate." 
 
"Shut up and eat." The deadly aura was not unnoticeable and I immediately ducked my head down to munch on the cookies. To my pleasant surprise, they actually tasted fine... 
 
"Can you close your mouth when you eat?" He asked condescendingly. 
 
"So I'm supposed to stuff the food into my nostrils now?" I rebutted, rolling my eyes. 
 
Lee Taemin was agitated by my reply and he drew out a cigarette from his pocket. As he was about to light it, I reminded him, "According to the 8th rule in the contract... During the whole process, the male party is not allowed to smoke nor drink." 
 
"Do you know who you are?" He inquired, his voice dangerously soft. I kept quiet. Uh-oh. 
 
"Damn it." Oh well, I guess Lee Taemin didn't want to break the rules after all as I watched him throw the cigar onto the road, a smug smile on my face. 
 
"By the way, I still prefer chocolate to vanilla..." 
 
"SHUT UP!" 
 
Mr Lee didn't utter a word when we reached home, except to instruct the housekeeper to whip up a meal for me. He called Lee Taemin into the study room and I had to cover my ears to escape the shoutings from there. 
 
The same old routine happened again the next day, and to be honest, I wasn't very happy about it. Seriously? I'd rather walk on my own than to hitch a ride from that jerk. I might be meek, but I deserved the basic respect as a human! 
 
If Lee Taemin was a flower, then there would be thousands and thousands of butterflies surrounding him everyday. As long as that happened, Yoona would "coincidentally" come into Taemin's path. She was indeed the queen of the butterflies. Knowing that they were incomparable to her beauty, the rest of the girls would back out and give quality time to the duo. 
 
"Stop staring," Amber said, while munching on a packet of chips. Handing the food to me, she added, "Try this, it's a new flavour." 
 
I was about to take a handful of chips from the bag when a thought struck me. 
 
The 6th rule on the contract: Consumption of junk food is strictly forbidden. 
 
Taking my hand away, I shook my head. 
 
"It's not nutritious." 
 
Amber stared at me queerly, "What language are you saying, Ssul?" 
 
After school, I began to study the map that the housekeeper had given to me the day before. As I walked past the area where Lee Taemin dropped me at, a honk jolted me out of my guts. Looking up, I saw Lee Taemin's impatient face. 
 
"C'mon." 
 
"Oh." 
 
I was highly dubious that Lee Taemin would be nice enough to actually bring me home. Perhaps his dad had forced him to do so, but, oh well. 
 
Time flew, and before I realised it, one month had passed.
 
My monthly affair was late. 
 
The Lees (who were apparently more observant than me) immediately brought me to the hospital for a check-up. 
 
Turned out, I was pregnant, at the mere age of 17 years old.