Chapter 2

17 Year Old Daddy

 

Chapter 2 
 
Drying my tears, I went back to my own room, got my stuff ready, washed up and braced myself for the new day. The young master of the house  frowned deeply when he saw the uniform that I was wearing. 
 
"You're in the same school as me?" 
 
"Yeah," came the numb reply. 
 
"Remember that we're strangers." Upon saying that through gritted teeth, he turned around and swaggered down the stairs. 
 
We had a scrumptious breakfast, yet nobody talked at all at the table. I squirmed in the deadly tensed atmosphere, feeling goosebumps all over my body. Seriously?! They eat like that all the time?! 
 
Politely bading goodbye to Mr Lee, he suddenly said, "Wait up. Go to school with Taemin. He has a car, and it'll safer for you to hitch a ride with him." 
 
Taemin stared at me disgustedly, but I knew that he wouldn't dare to disobey. Sauntering out of the door, he didn't even give me a backward glance. I sighed dejectedly, but I had to follow him. I had to. 
 
"Alight." He commanded me and stopped the car 200m away from the school. 
 
I did as I was told. What else could I do? Immediately after my alight, Taemin sped off, leaving a wind of dust flying in the air. I smiled bitterly. Living with the Lees was a huge mistake, but for the sake of Victoria unnie, I would tolerate all of it. 
 
The school gate was flooded with people as I tried to squeeze through the gaps. Lee Taemin leaned carelessly on his car, enjoying the admiring looks showered on him by our schoolmates. 
 
That was the world that he belonged to! To be honest, he was entirely innocent in this whole trade. Besides him, all of the others would get what they wanted. All except him. Therefore, instead of wallowing in self-pity, I should be sympathetic towards him... Right? 
 
"Ssul!" I winced at the back-breaking shove. Oh I knew this too well. It was certainly done by my violent best friend, Amber. Seriously, who would (and could) be more violent than her? 
 
"Amberrrrrrrr! My backbone will break if this continues!" I whined as I massaged by sore back. 
 
Shrugging it off, Amber replied, "Oh well, you know me." 
 
"Yah!" 
 
"Okok, don't be angry my Ssul~" she clung onto my arm like a koala bear and asked, "Oh yeah. Has Vic unnie found a suitable kidney donor?" 
 
"Yes... But the surgery fees are too high. I'm, I'm trying hard to earn money now." 
 
"The heck! How can you get so much money? I mean, it costs a bomb!" 
 
"Aww, don't worry. But if you really want to, then worry about the calculus test that we're gonna have today," I smiled as I tried to change the topic of our conversation. I hated dragging mire people into that matter. Amber stared at me concerned, but gave in. "Yeah, I haven't done enough revision! Omo..." 
 
My glanced landed on Lee Taemin again. If it wasn't for this incident, perhaps he would still be able to enjoy his life admist all the beautiful girls. I knew his detest towards me, in fact, he had been taking revenge on me for the whole of yesterday night, not caring a scrap for my pain and tears. Shaking my head, I tried to wipe away all the unhappy memories of last night. 
 
Pretty much in vain. 
 
"Oh hey look! That's Taemin's childhood 'friend' Yoona! How clever of her to come and keep an eye on Taemin immediately after coming back from USA." 
 
Yoona was indeed beautiful.  Her hair was a rich shade of mahagony. It flowed in waves to adorn her glowing, porcelain-like skin. Her eyes, framed by long lashes, were a bright, emerald-green and seemed to brighten the world. A straight nose, full lips - she seemed the picture of perfection. Had she smiled, the world would sigh with contentment. Had she laughed, the world would laugh with her. And had she wept, the whole world would want to comfort her. She was like a manga character alive, and certainly, had the same golden halo as Taemin. 
 
Only girls like Yoona deserve to stay by Taemin's side. Anyone who gets in between them is extra. 
 
Anyone. Including me. 
 
Taemin had such a gentle smile in his face as he talked to Yoona, a soft gleam radiating from his eyes. That was a privilege specially reserved for Yoona, wasn't it? 
 
Last night, was really a huge mistake.