After Hours In The Dorm: INFECTION's Bonding Time

Infected With The Sound Of Your Voice

A few good hours later, we had finished bowling. It had been a lot of fun, I was sad that it was over. But I knew that more fun would be had at the dorm once we got there. Everyone was already excited from the simple event of bowling, I almost dreaded having to see them anymore hyper than this. Really, where was the limit to their energy? I honestly didn't think so at this point.

"Yeah! I totally won that game!" Eun Rae exclaimed as she skipped around the living room happily. Yesung stood from where he had been sitting on the couch and stepped out in front of Eun Rae, stopping her from skipping any further.

"No way, I won. The only person you beat was Heechul and he at bowling." Yesung said with a laugh.

"You kidding me? I was all like..." Eun Rae began. From there she continued to make random karate noises as she threw play punches at Yeung, trying to depict how much she kicked eveyone's butts. But, Yesung had quickly reflexes, and he managed to catch one of her fists in his hand. Eun Rae retaliated by punching with the other hand which Yesung also caught. For once, even she was at a loss for words. Whenever she did things like that, people pushed her away, they didn't pull her closer like Yesung just had.

"I won." Yesung said simply, looking down at the girl standing in front of him.

"So anyways..." Hei-Ryung said, pulling everyone's attention to another topic. Everyone in the room had either been watching Yesung and Eun Rae, or doing their very best to look in the opposite direction. I mentally thanked Hei for taking everyone's attention away from the scene before us. We'd let them do their own thing; the rest of us needn't be a part of it.

"Yes, anyways. You guys have a photo shoot tomorrow right?" Sungmin asked.

"We do indeed. An outdoor photo shoot." Ae-Cha said with the slightest of nods. She didn't even look up from the book she held firmly in her hands. Whenever she was reading, Ae-Cha looked so focused, so intense. And yet she could still carry on a conversation. How she did it was beyond me. I could hardly walk and chew gum at the same time. Maybe one day I would learn to multi task like her. Only after a few moments of thinking did I realize what Ae-Cha had actually said.

"Wait, outdoors? It's supposed to snow tomorrow!" I cried out. Ae-Cha nodded in response, it didn't even bother her at all. I sighed, resting my elbows on my knees, holding my face in my hands. A pout had formed on my lips. "I'm gonna freeze. I know it."

"Don't worry Sang-Hee, I'm sure that the photographers won't keep you outside too long." Sungmin said. He really was a great friend, always reassuring me when I needed it. I only hoped I could be there for him if he needed something. Would I be any good at comforting other people? I could do that if the other person was a girl but I'd never dealt with guy problems before. Oh well, the situation had yet to come up; I had time to prepare myself. Suddenly, the body to the left of  me leaned towards me to whisper in my ear.

"And you still have my sweater. It's warm enough even for the winter, trust me." Kyuhyun said, I could practically hear him smiling just from the way his voice sounded. I couldn't help the smile that over took my face, replacing the pout in less than a few seconds. Before much else could be said, the managers walked in.

"It's getting late now; Super Junior has to return to their own dorms for the night." Super Junior's manager announced. Groans from both SuJu and INFECTION filled the room.

"Awe don't act like such babies. You'll see eachother tomorrow, and my girls need sleep." Our manager said. There were several sounds of agreement as the boys started to stand up to take their leave. Out of respect, we stood as well. Donghae approached me before leaving, standing almost too close to me.

"Have a good sleep tonight Sang-Hee, I'll keep you warm tomorrow I promise." Donghae said in a low, gentle voice. For some reason, I felt warmth rush to my cheeks. I was blushing? Why on Earth...? I looked down at the ground, trying to hide my flushed face. Donghae simply chuckled and patted me on the head before walking away with everyone else.

Finally, everyone had left aside from those that actually lived here. With a sigh, we all took a seat on the couches once again. Today really had been tiring. With the dancing, the singing, the bowling, not to mention the emotional shocks. Speaking of which, our Maknae was still trying to wrap her mind around her own little situation it seemed.

"Eun Rae? What's going on with you and Yesung?" I asked softly, not wanting to upset her.

"Huh? I don't know. That was weird what he did...I don't get it. Not like I care or anything." Eun Rae said. In all honesty, she just seemed like she was trying to convince herself of that fact. Whether or not we believed her was hardly a concern to her right now.

"You sure you don't like him? It seems like you do." Hei-Ryung said bluntly, looking over at Eun Rae with an intense glance. While Hei-Ryung was not as intuitive as Ae-Cha, she always seemed to know when some one had feelings for some one else. Surprising? Very much so. Hei was the tom boy of our group, and yet she was the best when it came to matters of the heart. How that worked out I would never know. All I knew was that it did and I was not about to question it anytime soon.

"Hey! Why are you asking me that? You could be asking the same thing about Sang-Hee. Donghae sure seems to like her a lot." Eun Rae said defensively. I didn't mind that she switched the topic to me, I could probably handle it a bit better. Eun Rae had enough on her mind, she didn't need Hei's accusations as well.

Hei-Ryung simply looked at me, noticing me pull my eyes away, starring at the floor again. After a few moments, I looked up shyly again, afraid that the sense of heat resonating from my face was a blush again. Instantly, I knew I was caught. Hei would know everything from just that one look. Then, she would tell everyone. My life was offically over. But then, Hei did something I didn't expect. She gave me a reassuring smile and then looked back at Eun Rae. Was she really turning a blind eye to my situation? It seemed as though that was the case.

"Ya know what? Doesn't really matter. We'll talk about things like this later, when we're all ready too and not as tired." Hei-Ryung said, brushing her dark hair out of her face. This was a side of Hei I had never seen before, that no one had seen before. She was being...nice. Wasn't using our obvious weaknesses against us, to attack our feelings when we were down. In this moment, I felt closer to Hei than I ever had before. As Eun Rae and I sat there in silence, Yeon-Seo walked into the room with a large bowl of popcorn and her DVD's of You're Beautiful.

"Any one up for a You're Beautiful marathon?" Ae-Cha asked as she walked over to the DVD player, putting the first disc in.

"As long as we all get to bed before midnight. Don't want to have bags under our eyes for the photo shoot tomorrow now do we?" Yeon-Seo said. With that, the You're Beautiful marathon had begun.

We all took a few moments to get comfortable and into our pajama's and pull some blankets into the living room. I made sure to grab my favorite teddy bear, whom I had named Sunmi. This show had a habit of making me cry, thus something to cuddle would probably help me. Yes, it was embrassing that I still had a teddy bear, but I knew for a fact all the other girls in the dorm did as well. It was just one of those things you kept all throughout your life for sentimental purposes. Seeing me bring my bear out, the other girls felt secure enough to get their own. Before we started the show, we decided to present our teddies to each other.

I had Sunmi, my caramel colored bear. Hei-Ryung had a dark blue puppy. Ae-Cha had a white teddy bear a lot like mine. Yeon-Seo had a regal black and white calico cat and Eun Rae had an adorable yellow rabit. All of them really did seem to suit each individual person. It was so great that we could bond like this, showing eachother the weakest and girlest sides of ourselves. Finally, it was time to start the show.

We managed to get through the first disc with minimal crying, which was pretty good I had to admit. I usually cried everytime I watched this show. But being around the other members with INFECTION really helped me, I felt a lot less alone. When Ae-Cha stood to put in the second disc, some how, we all fell asleep. The last things I heard before completely dozing off into dreamland on the living room floor was Ae-Cha shutting off the lights and turning off the TV. I didn't care that I was sleeping on the floor, it had suddenly become the most comfortable place in the world. The soft, thick carpet felt like a cloud, my pillow seemed to be made of pure bliss. It was probably just because I was so tired from all the work today, but regardless, I fell asleep right there on the floor surrounded by my fellow band members.