So You Think You Can Dance?

Infected With The Sound Of Your Voice

"What should we dance to?" Eun Rae asked happily, only to be hushed by Hei. She was still being loud, even though we were in a secretive group huddle. Attempting to protect our decision making. We didn't want our mentors to have any say in what we danced to. We wanted to pick our own song, one that showed off the best of our abilities. We peered down at my i-pod which was in the middle of the group as I went through my playlist of dance songs.

"How about Sorry Sorry? We can all dance that pretty well..." I suggested off handedly as I continued to browse my playlist. However, the instant I finished my sentance, I recieved a swift smack to the back of my head. My free hand automatically flew up to where I had been hit as I glanced over at Hei with a confused look on my face. "What was that for?" I asked softly.


"For being an idiot. That's a song Super Junior made, you of all people should know that. We're not going to embarss ourselves like that." Hei-Ryung said harshly. I didn't take any offence to it though. She was right. I was stupid for even suggesting that. So, I ignored the comment and went on to search for something else.

"What about Superstar by 4minute? We made our own dance to it, and we know it better than anything. Besides our own songs that is." Ae-Cha said. For a brief moment, all the members of INFECTION were silent, considering all the pro's and cons of choosing this song. After the moment of thought, we all mumbled something about agreeing that this was the song for us today.

"Go plug your i-pod into the speakers Sang-Hee." Yeon-Seo said as she walked away. Already she was venturing to her position for this dance.

I nodded and did as I was told, walking over to the speaker and connecting my i-pod to the speaker. I changed the input on the stereo and fixed some of the cords that were disorganized before pressing play on the song we had chosen. Once I was sure I had pressed play, I ran over to my spot in the group. No sooner had I gotten to my spot and facing the proper direction had the music started. If I waited a second longer I would have been a second behind for the whole song. Luckily I had managed to start in sync with everyone. With that, we began to dance, showing off what skills we had to our mentors.

Gyrating hips, hair flips, things like that not only portrayed the group that originally did this song but highlighted the assets of each member of INFECTION. The music blasted, the very beat sinking into my blood and coarsing through my veins. I always got like this when I danced. Completely lost within the moment and the melodies filling my ears. Each note reverberated with my skull, lasting just that much longer. I lived to savor each passing second of a song. For no one second could be the same as the last, there was always the slightest change that sometimes only the well trained mind could detect.

Too soon, the song had finished. The other members and I were in our final stance, remaining that way for the count of 7 seconds before moving from our rigid and still poses and looking over at our mentors. Now that the music was silenced, all I could hear was the sound of my own heart and my breathing. In my opinion, we had done very well. But that judgement was not mine to make, it was for the three men in front of us to decide.

"Well? How did we do?" Yeon-Seo asked. Though she tried to hide it, there was clear anxiety in her voice. She really wanted praise for what we had just done, and would be throughly disapointed with criticism of any kind. Hopefully Yeon would be okay with recieving a little bit of helpful advice though. Most likely she would be, but it was always hard to tell with her.

"You did very good actually, you're really in sync with eachother already." Donghae said with a smile. Pride instantly painted the faces of all the INFECTION members. To recieve praise from such famous dancers was more than an honnor.

"A few of you seem a little shaky with the steps though. It's not that you don't know them but...you're a little scared to exacute them to the best of your ability." Shindong said glancing over at Yeon-Seo quickly. I had to admit, I was surprised that Yeon-Seo was the one recieving criticsim in this but...then again no one was perfect. It was just something she needed to work on right?

"Let's go try this song now, we're going to teach you the steps and see how quickly you catch on. Don't fall behind." Eunhyuk teased as he popped a CD into the stereo. With that one CD, I knew that the hard part had just begun. This was going to be a difficult month, I could tell already.

------   ------   ------

"Okay! Shower time! Don't want to show up to lunch all sweaty and gross do we?" Donghae said. The members of INFECTION grabbed their bags and went towards the girls showers, while the three men went the opposite way to the guys showers.

I set my bag down on one of the benches in the locker room that was attached to the showers, placing Kyuhyun's sweater gently beside the bag. It really was nice of him to let me borrow it. I'd have to repay him properly for his kinda actions. I opened my purple and black gym bag and pulled out my towel, shampoo, conditioner and soap. I was beyond excited to get out of these sweaty clothes and into the shower. After peeling of my clothes, I wrapped my towel around my body and entered one of the individual shower stalls. I hung the towel over the door and the shower. The warm rush of water hit me like a steam gyser. It felt so nice to cleanse my pores and remove all the bacteria and sweat that had accumulated on my skin. Already I was feeling much better. I tried to wash as fast as I could; I would still need to dry my hair and get dressed again before lunch.

After what felt like only a few minutes, I got out of the shower and walked back towards my bag. Everyone was gone already! Had I really taken that long? Impossible. I rushed as much as I could! I quickly rumaged through my bag and found my clean clothes that I had packed in there the day before. Thank goodness I had planned ahead, otherwise I would have had no dry clothes to wear. I threw on my light blue graphic tee and a pair of white skinny jeans. As I was packing away my now dirty clothes, I looked over and saw Kyunhyun's sweater still folded there neatly. I didn't want to put it in the bag with my gross dance clothing, so I decided I'd just wear it again. Surely Kyuhyun wouldn't mind. I put on my make-up as fast as I could and slung my dance bag over my shoulder as I rushed out of the change room and into the lobby where sure enough, I found everyone waiting for me.

"Ah, there's our little Queen of the Three Hour Shower. Let's get going now." Hei-Ryung said, with a smirk. A rare sighting these days, therefore I only appreciated it that much more. As long as she wasn't frustrated with me, I knew that no one else was. The first one to lose her temper was always Hei. If she was calm, everyone was.

My face flushed slightly in embarassment as I followed the others out of the door. There was already a large van waiting for us to take us to lunch. We swiftly threw our bags in the bag of the van and then piled inside. We'd be meeting the rest of Super Junior at a small resturant between the dance studio and the dorm, where we would be working on singing/rapping. It seemed like a logically rendezvous point. Once we arrived there, the other members were already seated and waiting for us; our managers had taken the liberty of ordering food for those of us that were late. They did now what we liked better than most other people after all.

"Hello everyone! would have been here sooner but some one took a little too long in the shower!" Eun Rae said happily, skipping over to where the manager had pointed for her to sit. I opened my mouth to say something, but Eun Rae just stuck out her tongue playfully at me. She was just joking around, having fun. I decided to leave it. There was no point in making a big deal out of it.

The managers had arranged the seating so that they could mix the members of INFECTION with those of Super Junior. No INFECTION members were sitting beside eachother or directly across from one another. I, was sitting between Sungmin and Donghae, which I had no problem with. I was already getting to be pretty good friends with the both of them.

"This food is so good! You like your's right Sang-Hee?" Sungmin asked happily.

"Ah yeah, its very good." I said, returning his happy smile. However, I just kinda pushed my food around my plate. I was too nervous to eat. Singing was next, and I had to go and work with the members of K.R.Y. They were so good! I really didn't want to be awful. I thought I was a pretty good singer but...I just didn't want to screw up.

"If it's so good, then eat some of it. You haven't even tried it yet." Donghae said, looking over at me. I looked up at him and shrugged with a half smile. In response, he sighed and chuckled lightly. "Fine then, be that way." He then picked up some of the noodles from my plate with his chop sticks and motioned for me to open my mouth. Reluctantly, I did so. Once he had placed the food in my mouth, he tapped my lips with the tip of his chopsticks. "There, no close your mouth and chew. I'm not doing that part for you."

I chewed thoughtfully for a moment, Donghae and Sungmin watching for my reaction. Finally, I swallowed and sat there a moment longer.

"Well? How is it?" Donghae asked, urging me to answer his question.

"It's...really good." I said with a smile. I should have tried it earlier, I shouldn't have needed Donghae's prompting but...it got me to eat at least. With Sungmin, Donghae and the rest there to make me smile and laugh, I forgot entirely about my nerves for the moment. This way, I actually enjoyed my meal with out any insequerities.