IV

See You Again,

She's an illegitimate child.

 

It has never been a secret. and at a young age she had known her family's complications. Her mom died giving birth to her. it was her grandfather who had raised her in a small town outside Seoul. Her dad has another family, she had never met him. It was never easy, but she had learned to cope up.

 

She was five when she first met Yunho. He was tall and has that unmistakably urbanized aura, well-mannered and good-looking. The boy has the kindest smile..

 

       "Hi Sooyoung, nice meeting you" and also the warmest hug.

 

He stayed. And for the first time Sooyoung had found a friend.

 

--

 

OPPA?!

 

Jessica's withering stares awaiting for explanation is making her cringe.

 

"Ahh-actually." she swallowed a lump on . "Yunho oppa is my childhood friend. He's like family. He used to spend summer in Gyeonggi up 'til he became DBSK and well--we've not seen each other for a long time."

 

Yunho scowled made Sooyoung bite her lip, and Jessica's eyebrow shot upward noticing their reactions.

 

Yuri clapped her hands excitedly. "Then this is something to celebrate about."

"What?"

"Sooyoung and Yunho's reunion what else?! tch."

"That's a good idea Yuri-ssi!" Changmin agreed.

"Omg!" Yuri squealed "He called me by my name!" making everyone burst into laughter.

 

"You're still keeping something." Sooyoung heard Jessica whispered before the older girl lead up to organize their little party.

 

Not long after, Kyuhyun and Moonchul arrived, and were also shocked to see DBSK there.

Yuri enthusiastically filled up the story to the newcomers, and introduced them to Yunho and Changmin.

 

"Oh Syoong, James & Sooyoon are also on their way here. I hope you don't mind a few more party crashers." Moonchul smiled dearly to Sooyoung which the younger girl reciprocated.

"It's okay oppa~"

 

That too-friendly exchanges by the two didn't go unnoticed by Changmin, A suspicious uncomfortable feeling gnaws on him.

 

"Jealous are you?"

He heard someone hissed, and found Jessica staring intently at him. But he didn't answer instead he looked back again to the girl on the hospital bed talking animatedly to her visitors.

"Figures"

but all he could even reply is a bitter smile.

 

--

 

She said goodbye to her friends as they wrap up their party when visiting hours ended. It had been fun and Sooyoung was so glad especially seeing Yunho bonded with her new friends. The older guy was also the only one left with her as he listed himself her guardian.

 

"Oppa~ thank you." she said when he had seated himself on the couch beside her bed. She had expected him to be pleased but instead she found him frowning at her.

 

He sighed deeply. "You know, I don't like it when you deny me like that."

"B-but oppa--"

"I am not just your childhood friend Choi Sooyoung."

"I know--it's just tha--"

"Go to sleep, it's late now."

Yunho dismissed her, and she doesn't like it. doesn't like it all.

 

 

 

 

(a/n) I added Royal Pirates boys in the character. just 'cos Sooyoung x Royal Pirates crackships would be cute ^^