I

See You Again,

 She run across the street and into the 24/7 convenience store. Digging in the warmth of instant noodles. Watching the quiet street outside through the glass window. The streetlight flickers, changes colors from time to time--red, green, yellow; blending in with neonlights from few passing cars. A disco of colors creating a rainbow at midnight. A view she enjoys heartily, relieving all the stress brought by her exams.

Sooyoung moved to Seoul for college, majoring Arts. Now living in dorms away from the comfort of home. A decision her grandfather, the only family she's left wasn't so keen about. But even with barrels of worries lets the young girl chase her dreams. And so she goes, with a promise of "I'll be back harabeoji, i love you"

 

A familiar song plays through the store's component, sending her a tinge sense of pride. "DBSK" she muttered and smiles as she remember a particular guy from that group. A childhood friend she shared many beautiful memories with. A childhood friend she hugged so tight when he bid goodbye to pursue his dreams, and when he did, cheered for him as she watched him sing and dance on tv. A childhood friend she brags about at school, though most of them do not believe her. A childhood friend that though she had lost contact with as years passed, she still hope to remember her the same way as he is still as crystal clear on hers.

She throw a glimpse on her wrist, a reminder of that childhood memories dangling on it, and with a hopeful heart sent a silent prayer to the wind..

 

"Oppa, I miss you."

 

 

--

 

"YAHHHHH!!! Ohemgeeee asdfghjkl!!"

Yuri entered the room flailing like a fish out of water. Ignoring even the sharp daggering stares from Jessica as she dances crazily before plopping down on the seat next to Sooyoung. Batted her eyelashes one to many times as she leaned closer to her seatmate.

"Yah! What's wrong with you creep?" the tall girl pushed the older one who's sporting a dreamy look all over her face.

"Haven't you heard of the news?" said girl asked while clapping her hands excitedly like a child waiting to be handed with a gallon of triple chocolate ice cream on a hot summer day.

Jessica and Sooyoung exchanged questioning looks, both raised eyebrows at Yuri.

"DBSK is going to be the special guest for the School festival!! Yeaaaaay!!!!" she starts flailing again but the two other girls just stared blankly at her.

Jessica rolled her eyes and snorted "duh!"

"It's DBSK Jess, the gods of Kpop! They don't just attend school festivals. We are privileged to have them. IT IS A BIG DEAL!" the girl even stood up looking a lot like a politician on a campaign.

"It's just DBSK, not really big deal. You're overreacting, right Soo?"

And Sooyoung chuckled in reply earning a gape from Yuri.

"You guys are unbelievable." defeated, Yuri slumped back on her seat.

"And. You. Are. Annoying." Jessica gave her a look. And Sooyoung couldn't help but laugh out loud as she watches Yuri wither under the older girls' cold stares.

 

A wave of excitement flood her upon hearing about DBSK's upcoming performance on thier school. But as her new set of friends do not know anything of her connection to one of the members of the said group, she just smiled and let Yuri do the spazzing. Even so, in her silent celebration, the anticipation of seeing again her childhood friend overflows.

 

"I'm gonna see you again, Oppa---" her mind uttered, all the while grazing her wrist, feeling the ornament she's been wearing since she's 5. "-- very soon."