Blind Date

EXO One-shots

 

                                                                                                            

 It was morning and you decided to go out on one of your daily jogs. It makes you feel refreshed after a good night’s sleep. As usual you took the route that took you to the riverside where you would see nature’s creature before the rest of the populations wakes up. You would take a break at a water fountain, stretch, and was on your way through the rest of the route until you got home.

 

You stopped at the mailbox and picked up your letters. You read through them as you entered your house, when you suddenly stopped in your tracks, just staring at one of them. It wasn’t a bill, nor was it a gimmick. It was just different. You decided to take a shower before reading it.

 

You sat down with the letter in your hand as you began to eat breakfast. At least when you read it, you could be well nourished. As you were just finishing your meal, you opened the envelope and peered inside. There were two slips of paper, one bigger than the other. You decided to have a look at the smaller one first. Once your eyes laid on the contents, you gasped. It was an invitation stating a reservation to one of the best restaurants in town.

 

Quickly you picked up the bigger paper and read that. Without realizing, a smile spread across your face. It was a love letter addressed to you, and you were invited to a blind date for tonight.  It was from your mom living in America who wanted to find you a  boyfriend, usually you would be annoyed at that but this time you felt differently maybe because the restaurant was really expensive. You re-read the letter as well as the reservation slip and began to feel your emotions rising to the surface, just wanting to get out. Just who is the guy who made you feel this way?

 

For the rest of the day you were out trying to find the prefect dress to wear to your date. Once you settled on a petite silver number, you went back home to calm yourself down. And by that, you meant to get yourself pampered up before you left the house again.

 

The time came to leave, with your hair and nails done, dressed in your silver dress, and into your car. You were exciting as you drove towards the restaurant. You really wanted to know who this person was that invited you to the blind date. Hence the word ‘blind’ you wouldn’t be able to know anything about him.

 

You parked your car and walked in. The place was huge. You brain went blank as you saw how much of a grand spectacular was just before you. And you were in it. Too much in awe, a waitress giggled at your reaction and asked if she could help you. You dug through your clutch and found the reservation to show her. She smiled as she instructed you to follow her.

 

You heels, also the waitress’s heels, were the only sounds you heard as you followed her. You could also hear the low murmurs of the other customers as you walked by. Soon you got confused as to where the woman was taking you because you saw no one else. The waitress came to a stop in a more secluded area where you saw a table for two, and just a table for two.

 

She helped you settle down before disappearing to get you the planned appetizer. You palms began to feel clamming due to your nervousness. Soon the waitress reappeared with just one appetizer, not two. You began to feel even more confused. Quietly you ate it because you were hungry and was getting tired of waiting for this man to show up.

 

You soon finished the pre-meal and started to feel tired, as well as angry. Did this guy stood you up? Was this some type of joke? You wanted to get up and leave that instance, but seeing as you weren’t paying for any of the food or service, you decided to accept the freebies. After all, this would probably be your first and last time here.

On the other hand your blind date was almost shivering with nervousness behind the curtains in front of you, he slowly brought himself up to take a look at you, you looked beautiful, you were literally glowing in his eyes and at that moment he could no longer wait and he signaled the waitress.

Receiving the signal the waitress appeared again with the main course meal. This time she had two and place one plate in front of you and the other on the opposite side. Was this a sign?

“Excuse me mam,” she said politely. “But this meal comes with some live entertainment. Please enjoy.” And she disappeared again. But that wasn’t the thing that creeped you out. It was the fact that a Ninja had appeared from her shadow!

He was a tall man and he gracefully walked to the centre. He took a bow in your direction and began his show. The man began doing all the different types of moves, attacks, defenses  and almost every trick you can think of. When he ended, he took a bow and stood still. He began to remove his mask and you gasped loudly. He was gorgeous, but at the same time he had a dark aura around him, or was that the suit?

He, again, gracefully walked over to the chair in front of you and sat down.

“Hello, my name is Tao,” he introduced. He had this gentle smile playing on his face in which you thought was so damn y. Definitely his dark aura playing some tricks here.

“Err…Hi, I’m Naeun” you answered back. You were sort of attracted to this guy, but at the same time you were a little scared.

He started while a little small talk as the two of you ate. You tried your best to hide the fact that he had this oppressing feeling over you, but you kept faltering as you spoke. Everything he did was flawless and graceful, how could you match up to that? Soon your question was answered.

Tao had taken a bite of his food, when suddenly a mess of pasta sauce was at the corner of his mouth. From there you stifled a giggle. He looked up at you with questioning eyes, and you knew you needed to shut up, but you couldn’t it was too funny.

“You got a little…umm…sauce on the corner of your mouth,” you finally laughed. Tao quickly picked up a napkin and wiped his mouth. You knew you had to stop laughing because he was embarrassed, but you couldn’t. All your emotions wanted out.

After that little slip up, you began to feel more comfortable with him and soon never ending conversations were taking place. You learned that he practices Wushu at a young age and that was why he displayed his skills to you. He wanted to woo you. It definitely worked.

You felt safe around him, not the marital artist him, but the real him. He was a pretty shy person, but you saw all the effort he was doing to try and hide that. By the end of dinner, you asked him to show you some simple moves that you could do, just because you were interested.

He stood up, taking you hand, and lead you away from the table. He stood behind you as he began making you moved to the moves he wanted to teach you.

You two practiced together and then when it was time to leave Tao said “Umm..I had a lot of fun tonight…maybe we could you know catch up for breakfast tomorrow?” “That’d be great!” you replied still shocked that such a handsome guy asked you that. “Great! I’ll pick you up at 8” he beamed, after that you gave him your address and also your phone number and before leaving he planted a kiss at the back of your hand and winked as he opened the car door for like  a gentleman.

 

 

Tao one-shot done!

I decided to take a different style of writing since the previous ones were a little similar

I hope you guys like it

Look forward to the others ^^