YGM part 2

L❤VE : A Valentine Special

✻   chapter 4  .     YGM  part 2,

Just like all of the others

I'm sure our love will change a little bit at a time

The chill of the February air made Jiyong shiver as he made his way on top of YG Entertainment's rooftop. He was followed by two men who introduced themselves as a VJ and PD from MBC's We Got Married. Jiyong was only informed the night before about this sudden taping and he obliged although a little hesitantly. It's not like I have other plans for today, he shrugged as he surveyed the surroundings. There were several crew members who were decoarating the bleak rooftop as if it was a fancy wedding hall. There was a red carpet leading to a pillar, and several round tables surrounding it.

Now I wonder who it's going to be? Jiyong thought as he rubbed his hands together in nervousness. I never really follow this program but I thought it was all scripted. This makes me nervous as hell. Isn't this the part where they start interviewing the groom? He glanced at the VJ and the PD behind him and tried to make eye contact with them, but the two crew members were both wearing dark sunglasses, thick bonnets and scarfs that hid their faces. Jiyong frowned and thought that something felt fishy.

"Are you sure you're from WGM?" He asked but he got no reply. The VJ cleared his throat while the PD handed Jiyong a white index card.

Groom mission: hide behind the pillar and wait for your bride. Try to surprise her. Jiyong read the white mission card while exchanging suspicious glances with the PD. Igemwoya, this feels like Running Man, he joked to himself as he bowed to the PD. The PD bowed back which caused his sunglasses to fall to the ground. Flustered, the PD quickly snatched his glasses back and hurriedly apologize and ran away from sight.Why does that PD look a lot like Seungri? Jiyong thought as he made his way behind the pillar with the VJ behind him. More crew members arrived at the rooftop with bouquets of lilies, roses, and tulips all in pure white. Jiyong stopped dead in his tracks as the floral scent reached his nose. No way, he thought as he looked around him. These all remind me of Bommie and her dream wedding. As he reached behind the makeshift pillar, he leaned and closed his eyes.

Jiyong has loved Bom even as far back when they were still trainees. The two would hangout after long and tiring practices and helped with each other's difficulties. And he was so afraid of ruining their bond, their friendship, this connection they shared, that's why he held back and never planned to confess his feelings. Things would feel awkward. What if she only sees me as a friend? What if she doesn't like me? All these what-ifs ran through his head, at times comforting him but most of the times, haunting and disturbing him. What's the use of all these what-ifs if I never acted on it?

And so, it was on a day like today, exactly a year ago when he finally mustered the courage and confidence to ask Bom. It was after a launching party, and when he caught sight of her glistening under the moonlight, Jiyong already knew that it was the right moment.

"Noona, I have something to tell you," he said as he grabbed her slender arm.

"Mmm?" It was all that Bom could reply in surprise at the sudden movement.

"I want to stop being your friend. I want you to stop looking at me like a dongsaeng."

"What do you mean? I don't understand." Bom said, taken aback. She knew exactly what he meant but she still couldn't believe it.

"I want you to be mine."

But what happened? Jiyong asked himself as he opened his eyes and the view of the rooftop greeted him. Why am I here wallowing about the past instead of being with her? The truth was, Jiyong wanted to apologize to Bom and try to get back with her. He all had it planned out. It was supposed to be today, February 14, the same day he asked her out a year ago. He wanted to recreate her dream wedding, something that Bom herself confided to him months back on their Hong Kong trip together. 

"This beautiful dress we bought, white bouquets of flower, the magnificent crystal chandelier," Bom said as they went out of the dress boutique. "And of course, it has to be you at the end of the altar. That's my dream wedding."

That was his plan. But when he called Dara a week ago, she told him that Bom was scheduled for a taping that day. Maybe it isn't meant to be, he thought at that time. So Jiyong had no choice but to accept the invitation for the WGM Special that Daesung told him about. 

Jiyong peeked from the back of the pillar. The set-up was finished and his eyes widened. It was exactly how Bom had described her dream wedding. No way, he repeated in his mind. No way. No way. Is this what I think it is?

He turned towards his VJ, a surreptitious lock of bleached blond hair peeked from the VJ's dark bonnet. "It's Bom, right?" Jiyong asked. The VJ flinched in response and it took him a few seconds to regain his calm composure.

"Hyung..." the VJ said as he took off his sunglasses.

"Yaah, Daesung, I knew it was you." Jiyong said with a laugh. "Bom is behind this, right?"

"Aniyo," Daesung answered with a smile. "This is surprise for you both."

Jiyong took Daesung's free hand and gripped it tightly. "Daesung, gomawo. Jinja gomawo." He said with tears on the edge of his eyes.

*** 

Bom carefully made her way up to the rooftop, followed by the rest of her groupmates. It was almost sunset and the chilly February air gave her bare shoulders goosebumps. As soon as they arrive, Bom stopped in amazement at the sight before her.

"Omo," she exclaimed to the camera. "This is just like my dream wedding." The rest of the girls giggled behind the camera. "Wait a minute, I never mentioned this to anyone before, have I?" 

"Unni, don't you remember mentioning it on an interview before?" Chaerin lied as she handed Bom a white index card and a bouquet of white lillies.

Bride mission: walk down the aisle to meet your groom hiding behind the pillar. Try to surprise him. Bom read the mission card and her face turned scarlet red. She shook her head as if to back out but the girls urged her to walk towards the pillar. Bom took a deep breath and inhaled the bouquet in her hand to calm her mind. Okay, Bom, this is it, she said to herself. This is just make-believe, after all, right?

Slowly, she took her step on the red carpet, conscious of the camera following her behind. Breathe in, breathe out. Bom looked radiant and perfect in every angle. The setting sun lend a glow to her slowly approaching figure. She looked like a real blushing bride walking down the aisle.

"This beautiful dress we bought, white bouquets of flower, the magnificent crystal chandelier," Bom said as they went out of the dress boutique. "And of course, it has to be you at the end of the altar. That's my dream wedding."

Three steps away from the pillar, her legs wouldn't move. No way, she thought. This is Jiyong's plan, right? No way. No way. Bom shook her head in disbelief as two crystal-like teardrops fell on her cheeks. Her lips quivered, and she felt the goosebumps again, not from the cold air but, this time, from the warmth she felt inside her heart. As if on cue, Jiyong, dressed in a black tux appeared from behind the makeshift pillar. His eyes glistened under the now-blue nightsky. 

"Omo," Bom said as she tried to push back the tears forming in her eyes. She didn't want to cry. She didn't want to blur her vision during this magical, surreal, almost unbelievable night. She tried to laugh but she couldn't stop the tears from falling down her eyes.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get a big enough crystal chandelier," Jiyong finally spoke as he walked beside the weeping Bom. He brought his hand closer to her face and wiped her tears. "I hope the stars in the sky can substitute as the chandelier."

"You, bad boy, you..." Bom tried to find the right words to say.

"I'm sorry," Jiyong said as he entwined his hand with her long, slender hand. "Do you want to start over again?"

Bom closed her eyes. This is my dream wedding. As she imagined herself at the altar, hand in hand with the man she wanted to marry, she whispered in his ears, "I do."

Just you and I 

 Forever and ever

 end     ✻ 


 

⇨     thank you so much for reading!! it's finally over. thank you for being patient.