YGM part 1

L❤VE : A Valentine Special

✻   chapter 3  .     YGM  part 1,

No matter what happens 

Even when the sky is falling down 

I'll promise you 

That I'll never let you go

Dara held the black camcorder in her hand and pressed the red button with a beep. With the camera in hand, she made her way inside their room which she shared with the other 2NE1 members. Bom was already lying down on her bed when Dara sneaked up beside her.

"Ah, what's that, Dara?" Bom suddenly said as she saw the camera in Dara's hand. Aware that she was being filmed, she wiped her tears in quick motion and buried her face in her pillow. "I already have washed my face, noooo." Bom made an excuse and tried to shove the camera away.

"Yaaah," Dara set the camera down and pried the pillow away from Bom's face. "Have you been crying again?"

"Nope." Bom said with a pout and a shake of her head.

"You sure?" Dara asked again with a look of concern. 

"Don't worry, unni," Minzy suddenly quipped from above the bunk bed. "Dara unnie has something for you."

Bom raised her eyebrows in curiosity at Dara, to which Dara replied with a sheepish smile and picked up the camera again. "It's We Got Married, Valentine's Special!" Dara exclaimed and began to record Bom again.

"Mwo?" Bom asked dumbfounded and confused.

"Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, unnie," Minzy explained from above and handed Bom a letter in a white envelope. "WGM is doing a Valentine's Special, and you've been invited."

"B-but, why am I not informed?"

"Yah, Bommie, it's part of the rules. The PD said we shouldn't let you know until the night before. And besides, don't you think it's time to get over your heartbreak? You're going to meet your husband tomorrow!"

"Molla," Bom groaned and burried her face once again in her pillow. 

***

Ihas been four months since Bom and Jiyong broke up last November. But still the pain hasn't subside from Bom's heart. We just gradually fell apart, she thought as she pulled her blanket over her head. Their relationship was one of the most cherished memories of Bom. It was a dream come true for Bom. It was February of last year, they came home from a party when Jiyong asked her out. The first few months were bliss. They were in love and spent their days together every time their schedule permitted. But as the months went by, things started looking cold. There were comebacks, world tours, shootings and they lost time for each other. There were also dating rumors and pressure from their fans. And came the cold November day when they mutually decided that it was the best to just end their relationship than to left it hanging on a frayed thread. After their break up, Bom rarely saw Jiyong around since he was still busy with his solo and group activities. We agreed to breaking up, Bom thought, but why do I still miss him so much? 

The sun started streaming inside the room and it felt unwelcoming for Bom. Oh, right, today is the WGM thing, Bom thought to herself with a frown. I wonder what will happen today? 

"Good morning, sleepyhead!" Dara said as she snatched Bom's blanket from her, camera once again in her hand.

"Ahh, it's still early. I just woke up." Bom tried to shield the camera lens with her slender hand.

"Nope, get up, get up Bommie." Dara pulled Bom from her bed with a smile. "Chaerin will be your VJ for today, Minzy and I will help with your preparations."

"What? Shouldn't there be an official production crew? VJ? PD? Stylists?"

"Ani, ani. This is a Valentine's Special, didn't you read the letter Minzy gave you? The details are all there."

"Arasseo, arasseo." Bom said as she got out of her bed. Chaerin followed while recording her. Dara shot a small giggle at Minzy's direction.

Plan is working, Dara thought with a thumbs-up.

***

Bom sat nervously as she waited for Minzy to come out of their walk-in closet. Minzy was in charge of picking out her wardrobe for her first meeting with her husband, while Dara was in charge with her hair and make-up. Chaerin was beside her, the camera lens carefully watching Bom and her antics.

"Chaerin-ah, can't you at least tell me who my husband is?" Bom asked and made  puppy-dog eyes to the camera.

"Unnie, we're clueless too."

"Jinja?"

"Mhm," Chaerin nodded as she bit her lip. Sorry unnie for lying to you, I don't want to ruin the surprise. At the same time, Minzy got out of their closet with a cream-colored dress in her hand. 

"This looks perfect!" Minzy exclaimed and waved the dress in front of Bom.

"I agree, now it really feels like a real wedding." Chaerin nodded. "Do you like it unnie?"

"Try it on, try it on."

Bom got up and took the dress from Minzy. Omo, this dress looks familiar, Bom thought as she got a good look of the dress once she was alone in the dressing room. Ohh, now I remember...

- 10 MONTHS AGO -

Hong Kong. Bom and Jiyong walked hand in hand in the city's shoppin district. Both were wearing baseball caps and scarves in disguise , but despite their hidden identity, there was no mistaking that the couple was in love. Jiyong glanced sideways and their eyes met. Bom blushed and secretly thanked her scarf for hiding half of her face. But Jiyong was quick to notice her redenning cheeks and showed her his eye smile. Bom squeezed his hand in return.

"Yah, we're supposed to get gifts for our friends," Bom said as they continued walking around.

"Aren't we doing just that?"

"I know, but you're distracting me."

"But my lady's beauty is distracting me even more." Jiyong said with a wink.

"Aissh, why are you so greasy~" Bom joked as she pretended to shiver and curled her hands.

"Ohh, look at this," Jiyong suddenly said as they stopped in front of a dress shop with wedding dresses on display. "Want to take a look around?"

"Wha-" Bom asked but Jiyong has already dragged her inside the store. Inside, the store was decorated like a real dream wedding. There were round tables adorned by big bouquets of lillies, roses, and tulips all in pure white. All sorts of wedding dresses were lined up in mannequins, and at the center of the store was a crystal chandelier that illuminated each time the sun hit it with its rays. Bom only stared in wonder at the sight before them. "This is beautiful," she muttered in amazement.

"I feel like I want to marry you right now," Jiyong said as he laced his fingers to hers. Bom smiled and playfully hit his arms with her clenched fist.

"Welcome, welcome," a small Chinese lady greeted them as they entered. "How may I help you?"

"Oh, we were just looking around," Bom answered with an embarassed smile and tried to drag Jiyong out. 

"Actually we are looking for a dress for her," Jiyong suddenly answered and did not budge from where he was standing.

"What?" Bom whispered in his ears in embarassment.

It took them some time to find the right dress for Bom. Jiyong wanted something modern, not the fancy floor-length gowns they normally see in brides. The owner found a cream-colored strapless dress, it's neckline adorned with silver beads and crystals, and the hemline ended two inches above the knee. Oh, it's beautiful, they both thought. The lady hurriedly ushered Bom to the fitting room at the back of the store for her to try it on. 

"Lucky bride," the lady told Bom as she got dressed.

"No, no, we're not getting married. This is for a party," Bom made up an excuse as she blushed again but the lady just ignored her and helped her with the dress.

At the store, Jiyong was carefully taking note of all the details. Lillies, roses, and tulips. He walked around from mannequins to mannequins as he imagined what it would be like on the day of his own wedding. Why am I thinking of marriage already? Jiyong thought and shook his head as if to erase the image from his mind. But everything came back once again as soon as he heard two sets of footsteps from the back.

"Here is your bride," the lady said as she parted the lace curtains.

Bom stepped out in the cream dress that fit her figure perfectly. The lady also handed her a small bouquet of lillies which she took without hesitation. She slowly marched towards Jiyong's direction and asked "So, how do I look?"

"You look just like my future wife," Jiyong answered with a smile.

- PRESENT TIME -

Bom slowly smoothed out the creases of her dress and stepped back to look at herself in the mirror. This dress, I haven't even worn it once, she thought as she remembered the eventful day when she bought the dress. Back then, everything felt in place and they were the happiest. How did everything turn so sour? she bitterly thought as she made her way back towards the girls.

Minzy, Chaerin and Dara's jaws dropped as soon as Bom walked in. Chaerin resumed filming Bom while Dara gave her the thumbs-up.

"Daebak, unni" Minzy exclaimed and walked over to Bom. "It's so perfect for today." 

These guys, they don't know the story behind this dress, do they? Bom thought with a dry smile.

 to be  continued     ✻ 


 

⇨     thank you so much for reading!!