Chapter 24

SM ACADEMY

 

Changmin and Yongae were called to meet her father at the promising restaurant to celebrate her birthday. Changmin was quiet nervous as her father caught them making out at the kitchen this afternoon. He couldn’t say no at Yongae. He thought she would have a memorable birthday in her life when he bake the cake with her. But not. After the cake were bake, Yongae asked him to go home because she need to get ready for tonight event. Changmin, who was walking home, were stopped by her father. He told Changmin to come to the restauran that night.

Yongae sat beside her father, wearing a silky golden dress made of cotton at the upper. Her father had called her for a dinner to celebrate her birthday but she doesn’t know that Changmin would joined them. She almost laughed as Changmin entered the reserve room for her birthday, wearing only his black leather jacket with jeans. She dropped her head entirely the time they had dinner before the waiter entered and put a box on the table.

Mr Choi looked over Changmin and Yongae who dropped their head. He tapped on the table and both of them looked at him.

Mr Choi smile at Yongae. “Honey, open the box.”

 

Mr Choi turn the bolt and pushed it slowly. He heard a sound of laughing in the kitchen. He wanted to surprise Yongae for her 18th birthday. Today would be the best day of her life. Tonight, he had reserve a restaurant to dine with his daughter, his only daughter. Suddenly dropped his mouth as he see another shoes near the door. It’s a man shoes.

He walked past the living room and gasped to see a fine young man hugged and kissed his daughter. Yongae didn’t fight back, she deepen their kiss and even lean closer to him. Mr Choi saw how the young man pulled out and rubbed their nose together. “I love you…Happy Birthday.” He said to her. He saw Yongae smile with her close eyes and said “Thank you, I love you too.” And she kiss him. When she pulled out and opened her eyes, she gasped. “Appa! What are you doing here?”

She went beside Changmin and swallow her saliva.

Mr Choi sighed and put a box on his hand on the table. “I’ll see you tonight.”

He left after saying those word and Yongae tried to snatch his hand. “Appa!” she called. Changmin were behind her.

Mr Choi didn’t smile at them, he entered his car and drove on the road.

Changmin and Yongae looked at each other and they entered her apartment.

“Appa see us.” She tell him. Changmin hold her hands.

“We should see what he give to you first.” He told her and Yongae nodded. They went to the kitchen together and Yongae grabbed the box and bring it to the living room. Changmin, other hands, opened the oven and bring out the baking cake.

He came back and see her crying on the living room. “What is it?” he asked, sitting beside her.

She smile at him. “Appa want to celebrate birthday with me tonight.” She handed him a letter from the box.

Changmin read it. “Honey, I would happy if you celebrate your 18th birthday tonight with me. Wait me at 09:00am, I will fetch you at home. Love, Appa” He read and smile.

“It’s good, baby.” He caress her back. Yongae nodded happily, leaning over Changmin.

“I’m sorry for our plan tonight.” She told him. Changmin just shook his head, smiling.

 

“Appa…” Yongae gasped. Inside the box, the cake that Changmin and Yongae bake were decorate beautifully. Mr Choi smile at them. “Hurry up and cut a piece for me. I want to taste a cake that were made by my daughter and son in-law.”

Changmin smile at her.

 

After Mr Choi had seen him kissing with his daughter, he still given Changmin a good advice about dating a girl. Changmin laughed to hear the real love stories between Yongae’s parents. Both of them meet at the age of 18 when Mr Choi (who were studying in one of London’s high school) visited SuMyung Academy with his professor and class mate. He meet Yongae’s mother at the first time when he was lost at the academy.

Mr Choi had lost in the visited when he entered the wrong toilet. Instead entered a boys, he had entered the girls. He almost been caught but Yongae’s mother save him. They hide at a laboratory. Changmin asked if her entered a laboratory which had a small window at the end of the laboratory, and Mr Choi say yes. In that time, he knew that Mr Choi and Yongae’s mother meet in the Biology Laboratory, the place where he and Yongae first meet.

Changmin also knew why her father wants her to graduate from Sumyung Academy. It is because it is the place where their parents meet.