Chapter 5 Devils and Banshees

Valkyrie

 

Some Malachai.  He is weak.  He is vulnerable.  Even a couple of inexperienced demons nearly took claim of him.  He needs to be trained.  The Sephirii will eat him whole if left like this.  I heal his injured leg and he stares at me differently.  It is as if he wants me, desires me.  His eyes look over me and he has that seductive smirk he has except this time it is not due to annoyance but do to some need.  I am no longer in my Valkyrie state so I don't understand what is so appealing to him.  
 
"Thank you.  It was also you who saved me last night at the game right?"  I always thought our class president was cocky.  When he dances at our pep assembly he and his crew has an arrogance to them.  The fact that they also stay to themselves made me believe that they think they are better than others.  But the day he brought my bag to the roof after the class teased me, and that same day when he told the principal to stop favoring other students over me, I have witnessed his kindness.  
 
I didn't realize that he has been holding my hand all this time while I was deep in thought.   I want to snatch it away but his hands are cool, comfortable against my warm skin.  With his sun-kissed skin I expected his touch to be warm too.  But I guess his heart is the source of his warmth, and being a child of an Iceree fae means his touch is chilling, but in a good way.
 
I finally remove my hand from his.  And we stare at each other for some time.  His neck is scratched and the blood is drying.  I reach for it and he allows me to while keeping our eyes locked.  He his pillowed lips and my mouth part from the sight of it.  He truly is from the lore, he is as magnificent as Taemin.  My hand caresses his neck and heals the skin.  
 
"Are you hurt anywhere else?"  I say almost in a whisper.  He stands up and removes his sweater vest, then s his shirt.  The sun kissed him everywhere.  His abs are defined and his chest is chiseled to perfection.  If this is the Malachai at his human form I can't imagine how exquisite his lorean form will be.  He takes my hands and places it on his chest.  He lays my palm against his skin and maintains eye contact with me.  I look away only to catch myself staring at all the dips and grooves of his perfect front.  There is a long scratch mark from his chest down to his pelvic bone.  I stand frozen, this healing has become very intimate.  
 
"Continue."  He commands.  His eyes become a midnight blue.  Is that part of his lorean form?  He glides my hand over his chest, down his abs and stops right at the pelvic bone.  He adjusts the waist of his pants so it hits lower on him and I see the end of where he was scratched.  This time I take control of my own hand and touch his hip bone and finish healing him.  "Thank you."  
 
I watch him button his shirt, one button at a time, as I try to memorize his body, he notices and gives me a half smile.  I shiver as the wind picks up, there is a bit of mist left from demon attack and I sense slight vibrations of the water molecules surrounding us.  He takes his sweater and places it over me.
 
"You may want to place your arms here."  He guides me into his sweater to keep me warm.
 
"It is fine, we are going inside anyways."  Of course, I still keep it on.  His scent is on it and it smells divine.  
 
"We better go inside, I need to find out where my friends are."  I grab a hold of his wrist remembering who he is and where I stand in it all.  
 
"You need to be trained right away.  There will be more after you."
 
"I know.  But you are my protector, right?  So I needn't worry too much."  He winks at me.
 
"I am not your protector."  
 
"Then why did you tell the little devil girl that I belong to you?"
 
"Oh.  I guess I got possessive."  Valkyrie are known to be possessive, they dislike to share, especially things that are beautiful such as an iceree fae with golden skin.  
 
"I don't mind belonging to you."  He smiles at me teasingly.  He takes my hand and leads me down stairs.  I let go.
 
"Stop, others will talk."  He takes my hand again.
 
"Let them."  I sense a vibration down my spine again.  The same feeling up in the roof.  I lay my hands on the wall and I sense it pulsating.
 
"Wait, Kai.  Something isn't right."  
 
"Kai! Kai!  We found you."  A short boy with glasses appear before us.  "Your friends ate something weird and collapsed during gym.  They are in the infirmary."
 
Kai drags me with him.  His knees fall at the sight of his friends laying in the infirmary beds.  
 
"What happened to them?"  The nurse tells us that they had a bad allergic reaction to the snack they ate before gym.
 
"Impossible." The nurse gives me a look.
 
"And what do you know about it child.  Let me do my job."
 
"Leave us, please."  Kai tells the nurse and she bows to us.  His voice was commanding, the nurse must have forgotten that he is just a student.  As soon as the door closes Kai stand up and turns to me.  "What happened to them?"
 
"A spell.  Probably from a demon, to keep them from finding you so Hyorin and Bora can easily attack you."
 
"Good thing you were there to save me.  What can you do for them?"
 
"I can't do anything, but another fae can."
 
"Who? Who can help us?"  Taemin, but he hasn't showed up since the rooftop ordeal we had.  I see slight vibrations forming around the walls of the room.  "What is that?"  
 
"Banshee."  I take Kai's hands and direct him to cover his ears.  As soon as he does, a loud shriek makes the room shake.  I cover my ears and try to gather energy to put up a force field and block the sirens.  I hear thunder outside and I begin to gather my strength.  My ears are bleeding from the impact of the Banshee's wail.  I summon my spear and sense where she could be.  Kai screams to make the thing stop as he witnesses his friends ears bleeding.  I take a chance and extend my spear and the siren stops.  I place the field around us protecting his friends from further harm.
 
"Show yourself."
 
"The Malachai is a beautiful one, I can see why you are possessive of him."  BoA.  A Banshee royal.
 
"What do you want, BoA?"
 
"I heard that the Malachai claimed you as his protector but I see your eyes are still silver.  He hasn't bitten you yet?"
 
"What is she talking about Ryu?"  Kai's ears are covered with blood and I heal it for him right away.
 
"How adorable."  The Banshee laughs hysterically and I back hand her causing her to fall back.  "You !  Royal or not I'm going to kick your-" She attacks me forgetting that the force field is up.  She gets an electric shock and stumble backwards hitting the table and falling on the floor.
 
"Idiot."
 
"Just tell me where Taemin is?"  She struggles to speak due to the aftershock.
 
"Is that what this is all about, Taemin?"
 
"I can smell him on you!"
 
"Taemin isn't bound to me."
 
"But he marked you, long ago, and I know he still has a strong connection with you."
 
"I was exiled, technically I do not exist, therefore Taemin and I never happened."
 
"That doesn't stop him from thinking of you!"
 
"Who is Taemin?"  Kai, quietly asks.
 
"He doesn't know?"
 
"He doesn't need to know."
 
"Your chosen protector is already promised to someone, you cannot lay claim to her unless the other renounces her connection."
 
"I was exiled, the connection was lost four centuries ago."
 
"Fine!  You're right, but the Malachai is still very vulnerable and I am a firm believer of an eye for an eye."  BoA shrieks again and this time the field cracks just enough for her to grab hold of Kai.  I change into my Valkyrie stare and attack her.  She drops Kai next to Baekhyun and I place the force field around them.  
 
"If this is about Taemin then take him, leave the Malachai alone."  I swing her across the room and I throw numerous objects at her one at a time.  She stops some of them with her vibrations.  I slide across the room and kick her in the gut, she keels over and I uppercut her jaw.  The room begins to shake and I try to make a run for Kai and get under the force field before she wails.  Realizing I am too late, I then quickly punch causing her to cough and hack uncontrollably.  
 
"No fair!"  I place metal rods around her wrist and ankles and lift her up against the wall.  She squirms to try to break free but my telekinetic powers hold her stable while I catch my breath.  "Alright, we will talk, let me go.  Your majesty."  I tighten the rod around her neck and she pleads for forgiveness.  
 
I see Kai hovering over his friends wiping the blood off of them.  I take his hand and when he turns a tear falls.  "Protect them, protect me."  I heal his three friends and I call out for Taemin who appears instantly.  
 
"BoA!  What's happening?"  Taemin removes the rods by freezing it and crumbling it apart.  BoA wraps her arms around him.  
 
"The Valkyrie did it."  She points to me back in my human form and still wearing Kai's sweater.
 
"You weren't wearing that when you left this morning."  Of course Taemin notices it.
 
"I need you to wake them up.  It isn't safe for them to be here."
 
"What happened?"
 
"Kai was attacked by demons, Hyorin and Bora, and they put a spell on his Dogs.  We can't wait for sunrise for them to wake up.  Your girlfriend here nearly ruptured their eardrums and killed them."
 
"They are immortal, they'd recover."
 
"Not when they are under this spell and stuck in their human form!"
 
"OK, stop fighting.  I will wake them up."  Taemin stands amongst the three and we stand by to watch.  He forms a sheer of ice just above their nose and mouth and slowly lifts the sheet towards the ceiling.  Green smoke comes out of their mouths and ice forms around it.  Baekhyun, Luhan and Sehun's eyes open and they gasp for air.  Taemin crushes the green smoke encased in ice and it dissipates in the air.  
 
 
"Kai, what happened?"  Baekhyun looks around at the chaos BoA made during her attack.  I point to BoA.
 
"She did it."  Before she can say anything Taemin tells her to reconstruct everything just as it was before.  She did as she was told.
 
"We need to find a safer place to talk."  Taemin suggests right after Kai tells his friends that we are friendly and also from the lore.  Luhan looks at me completely shocked, I give him an awkward smile.  
 
"Well, you all have fun.  I am out of here."  I make my way towards the door and Taemin freezes the door handle preventing me from leaving.  "Taemin we spoke about this already.  In fact, you should be thanking me.  Aren't you supposed to bring the Malachai back to the lore safely and while you were doing whatever I kept him safe in your absence."
 
"You really aren't going to protect him?  You are going to walk away from your fate?"
 
"FATE!"  The window of the infirmary begins rattling from the lightning breaking the skies outside.  "I am an exiled lorean.  I do not exist in either realm!  How dare you speak of fate to me?!  I never chose this existence.  I never wanted to be sent to the human realm and be forgotten by my own kind.  But my clan made a decision and I am not going to play a part in their raising of the Malachai because the Sephirii is on the move.  The lore and I have nothing to do with each other anymore."  I summon lightning in my hands and blow up the handle of the infirmary allowing me to leave my past and non-existent future behind me.  
 
"OK, now that was not my fault."  BoA states.