Chapter 4 He's Mine

Valkyrie

 

I am surprisingly calm after hearing about loreans and my true origin.  Maybe it helps that I am not alone.  If Baekhyun, Luhan and Sehun weren't with me I probably would be stuck in some insane asylum.  Thunder outside seems stronger than earlier this morning.  The weather forecast said that it would be dry today.  I look out the window and the sky is dark again, but no sign of rain.  Lightning cracks again and startles me.  I see a few feathers fall from the sky.  Black and very large feathers.  What kind of bird has those size feathers?  I try to look out the window but can't see any oversized bird.  I look down at the three large feathers and they disappear like ashes right before me.  I rub my eyes and look at where the feathers fell and they were really gone.  I run up to the roof top, the source of the feathers.  
 
"Get over yourself, Ryu.  There are some things that are bigger than you and I."  Ryu?  Isn't that Kyrie?  "Let me heal them."
 
"I can do it myself."  
 
A man with large black wings runs up to the ledge and flies away.  I did not just see that.  The door opens and I am staring right at the weird girl from class.  I smile awkwardly and she looks completely shocked seeing me by the door.  
 
"How long have you been here?"  Her voice is different.  It's smoother, more confident, she looks different too.  Her eye and her facial features are more striking.  Her neck and her arms have blue marks on them like frost bites.  I reach for her neck and she swats my hands away and pushes me against the wall with a lot of strength.  
 
"I just, I'm sorry, I wasn't spying, I saw…I wanted to see if you were OK, your neck."  I point to her neck and she covers them with her hand.  She removes her hand and the frost bites are gone.  "How'd you do that?"
 
"I told you before, I am not worth your attention class president."  
 
"Wait.  That guy, that bird, that bird guy-"  She turns to me and her eyes are black with silver swirls again.  
 
"You saw him?"  I nod to her.  
 
"He flew away."  Saying it out loud is even harder to process.  She lifts her two fingers and places them on my temple, she closes her eyes and a bright light flashes around us.  I black out and then wake back up with Kyrie staring at me.  
 
"Are you OK, class president?"  Her voice is softer, less demanding then before. 
 
"What happened?"
 
"You fainted."
 
"No I didn't, you did something."  She stood up looking confused.  
 
"Why didn't it work?"  She says almost to herself.  
 
"Who was that guy?  And who is Ryu?"  
 
"It's none of your concern.  You shouldn't be by yourself.  Find your friends, and stay with them."  She runs down the stairs. 
 
"Wait!  Kyrie!"  Suddenly I feel a sharp pain on the side of my thigh.  I see a long green stone shaped like a dagger penetrating my thigh.  I fall to the ground.  I pull out the stone and look at it.  "What the heck is this?"  I feel a weight on my chest and it's hard to breathe.  Something is pressing on my chest hard.  I try to scream for Baekhyun or Luhan or Sehun but it's no use.  The pressure is suffocating.  I hear a laugh, a girl.  Seconds later I feel the pressure seize and I can breathe again.  My vision clears.  Sitting on me is a women dressed in all black and fish net stockings with high heels that are poking at my hand.  She puts more pressure on the heel and it digs at my palm.  I start to scream but she leans in to kiss me.  I move my head away to break free from the kiss.  
 
"You are one good looking lorean, aren't you, Malachai…"  She runs her nails from the tip of my nose to my lips to my neck.  "You taste good too."  She her lips.  
 
"Get off him Bora.  He's mine."  Another girl in a shorter black dress appears next to me.  They lift me up and a force keeps me standing straight up.  I notice tiny horns on their heads and a long scaly tail.  They look like the devil's little minions, only curvier and female.  
 
"Hyorin, why do you get to claim him?"
 
"Because I am the oldest.  Back off."  Her tail begins to climb up my shirt and I feel it scratch my abs and move up my chest to appear again next to my neck.  "You are magnificent.  I see why the Source chose you."
 
"He's too y, let's just keep him for ourselves."  The younger latches on to my leg and begins to unbuckle my belt.  She gets kicked out of the way by the older horned creature.  
 
"I told you he's mine, don't touch."  She removes her tail from under my shirt and scrapes my skin in the process.  I hiss and her eyes get wide.  "Let's bring you back to where you belong."  She grabs my head and she leans in to kiss me.  
 
Lightning strikes Hyorin in the back and she is thrown far away from me.  Bora turns to the source of the lightning.  We see a winged creature floating towards us.  Her hair is long and the color of silver with blue streaks.  Her wings are the same color as her hair, silver with bluish tones.  She grabs Bora by her tail and carries her out the rooftop door.  Hyorin reaches the top of the stair well and reaches for me.  I try to kick her off me but she grabs my injured thigh.  The force that holds me up is gone and I fall to the ground in pain.  Hyorin laughs standing above me. 
 
"You are still very useless in your human form Malachai.  Come with me and I will teach you the lorean ways."  She reaches for me again grabbing me by my collar and I try to struggle free but her tail wraps around my leg and pain hits me once again.  We head up to the roof top where I see the winged creature throw the younger horned creature over the roof.  "So the rumors are true?  Your majesty is the Malachai's protector."  My protector?  I lock eyes with the winged lorean as she hovers towards us, her eyes are dark with silver swirls.  Kyrie?
 
"Let him go."
 
"As if.  You know, I may just confirm this rumor with the Horde."  Hyorin throws me to the side and I wait for the sudden impact of stone on my shoulder but for some reason I land softly on the cement ground of the roof.  Kyrie, or Ryu's left hand seemed to guide me on my soft fall.  "Impressive, Ryu."
 
Hyorin attacks first but Ryu is too fast.  She fights with ease, almost as if she's bored by the challenger in front of her.  Ligtning fills the sky and rain begins to fall.  I hold my hand out expecting the water to hit it, but it seems to just hover around me.  A force field.
 
Ryu's wings disappear and she stands face to face with Hyorin.  The horned creature's face and arms are bloodied from their fight.  Ryu is still unscathed.  "You should give up.  You are no match for me."  
 
Hyorin lets out a scream and runs towards Ryu, she moves to the side and elbows Hyorin in the back of her neck.  Hyorin reaches for Ryu's waist but Ryu somersaults over Hyorin to regain a new position, right behind her opponent.  Ryu wraps her hands around her neck and Hyorin tries to scratch her way free from the grasp.  Ryu uses her long claw to slice and Hyorin falls to the ground and turns to ashes.  
 
The younger creature, Bora, screams from her perch on the ledge and attacks Ryu.  Ryu's wings emerge in time to meet the angry devil.  Her wings carry her just above the little devil and extends her arm grabbing hold of Bora's neck.  The horned creature swings her arms trying to claw at Ryu.  Ryu blocks all her advances.  She grabs Bora's left hand and snaps the wrist.  Bora's tail whips and slashes at Ryu.  Ryu takes hold of the slashing tail and turns Bora so she faces away from her and towards the ledge.  Bora is hanging by her tail over the edge.  Ryu holds the back of her neck while her easy opponent screams for her to let go.
 
"Tell the Horde the Malachai is mine."  She lets go of Bora's neck and frees her tail from her claws giving her a swift kick off the roof.  I look over the ledge and Bora is falling but disappears well before she hits the ground.  
 
My classmate stands on the ledge.  Her soft blue wings extend wide behind her, the wind picks up a bit ruffling the feathers.  One floats to me and disappears into ashes as soon as I touch it.  The dark sky surrounds us filled with lightning.  Her hair is long and slightly wavy, with a silver blue hue.  Her skin seems to be glowing, the water never touches her skin and her diamond and platinum armor shines as it seems to be absorbing the lightning flickering around her.  Finally the lightning stops, the thunder dissipates and the sky clears.  How quickly the sky clears back to blue.  
 
I hiss at the pain of my injured leg and that gets her to look right at me.  Her eyes are still silver.  We continue to stare into each others eyes.  She seems to be contemplating something.  Making a decision to come near me or not.  She saved my life, again.  The night at the soccer game, it was her who saved me from the cold smoke.  Her eyes turn back to chestnut brown.  Her wings disappear, as well as her armor, and lorean clothing and state.  Her hair is back to black.  But her skin still glows.  Perhaps that is just my imagination because I know what she is now.  My heart pounds at the sight of her.  Creatures of the lore are able to seduce humans easily.  She is exquisite as a valkyrie, but this human form isn't bad either.  I never noticed it before.
 
She jumps down from the ledge and moves towards me.  She places her hands over my injured leg and a few seconds later the pain is gone.  The only remnants of the injury and the attack is a hole in my pants and my quickened heart beat for the lorean who saved my life.