[56] Skyscraper

Change Me

 

S K Y S C R A P E R


I was more than excited for this day. I even bothered to wear for the first time the dress my mom bought me after she came back from her and abeonim’s honeymoon. It’s a black and white dress with long sleeves, with a black ribbon at the left side aligning the collar. It’s a simple yet pretty dress. Although I’m not the type of person who would wear dresses often, I still find time to appreciate them. Like what I’d said earlier, I was excited, until he went to my room and stripped me off my dress. That’s right! He stripped me off, catching me off guard.

 

A U T H O R

As soon as Jongin peeked inside your room, he froze and gape at the sight. He slowly stepped inside as you looked at him, cheeks painted with crimson red.

“D-do I look okay?” You stuttered biting your thumbnail shifting your gaze down your dress.

Jongin didn’t say a word and just trudge his way towards you not leaving his gaze on you. The moment he slides his hands on both sides of your jaw and neck giving you a light peck, he whispered, “Okay? More like you look like an angel.” He said rolling his eyes making you speechless and your cheeks blush profusely even more, if that’s even possible. “If I had known you’d look this good, I could have bought you more dresses and made you wear it every day.” He said snaking his arms around you and you chuckled a bit wrapping your arms as well.

“But,” Jongin continued and you stiffened when you felt his hands fumbled at your back. Like a pro, he was able to your dress without difficulty. You fumbled back and you stiffened when you felt your dress smoothly glided off your body, the cold air nipped at your skin. Standing frozen in front of Jongin, barely , you lowered your head and your eyes rounded when you saw your half- body, even before you could run to hide yourself under the blanket, to the closet, or to anywhere out of Jongin’s sight. The latter had already locked you in between his arms. “S─sorry…” You heard Jongin and you felt the uneasiness at the tone of the tanned guy. You pulled your head back away from his chest and looked at the said guy, as you met your gaze with his. You were pleasantly surprised when you saw how red Jongin’s face was and almost guffawed when the said guy tried his hard to distance his lower region away from your body, but unfortunately your mind was still in a mess because of the ordeal that just happened, or maybe not. “As much as I want you to wear that and look too pretty than I wanted to, I think it would be unsuitable to where we’re going,” He whispered before turning around, hand already gripping the doorknob, “Just wear a shirt and a jeans or anything that’s comfortable enough for you to wear, as long as it’s not a skirt, alright?” Jongin said not looking back before he closes the door leaving you speechless and confused.

Jongin presses his body on the door the moment he had closed it. You’re so pathetic Jongin! He said internally scolding himself. God! That body is a sin! What average? He wailed internally. He can’t believe he had to have a just before their date starts. Better take care of this first, He sighed as he started towards his own room.

 

“Hey, are you still mad?” Jongin snickered glancing at you from time to time as he was driving towards your first destination.

You’re already wearing your usual clothes, shirt and jeans, just like what Jongin had suggested. You didn’t bother to speak anything the moment you stepped inside the car, and Jongin can sense your disappointment and resentment as to how your eyebrows creased, lips shut, arms crossed in front of your chest, attention was anywhere but Jongin. Little does he know, many things are floating inside your mind. Like how disgusted must have been Kai with your body after seeing it fully for the first time(or not, remember the chapter where Jongin saved Hyunjae-ah on the rooftop and she got sick? ahuh that’s right lol), how she looks too average now on their date since there’s nothing so special with what she’s wearing, and many, many more.

Jongin pull-over for a moment, since, he’s having a hard time driving while you’re having a fit, for whatever reason.

There was silence.

“Hey…”Jongin started and you sighed. Your expression changes from frowning to sulking within a second after hearing Jongin’s comforting voice.

“I’m sorry…” You blurted out softly, “…it’s just, I really wanted to look pretty in front of you,” You said shifting your gaze towards Jongin then back to playing your fingers, sighing deeply.

You heard Jongin snickered and you brought your hands down as you peered at the guy. He thought, So that is what’s bothering you?

“It’s not funny alright!” You half shouted hitting his arm and Jongin just sniggered.

“Alright! Alright! I’m sorry okay… It’s just…” I wanted to see your body so badly is what he wanted to say, but he thought maybe that would be too much for you, and he doesn’t want you to think that he’s some kind of a ert, who’s deprived or whatever, “…it happened, and who says you don’t look pretty? Whatever you wear doesn’t matter. You are still you,” He said pressing his index finger on your crease to put it away and you did.

“I guess, you’re right. I’d prefer wearing these clothes over dresses anyway,” You commented, “And, I still can’t believe you stripped me off.” You wailed all of a sudden covering your face.

Jongin blushed in bright red and became a bit uneasy, “You─you don’t have to worry, I didn’t see much at all, I promise…” He said panicky but you just peered at him skeptically, then he added, “It’s not like… I won’t get to see it when we… get married,” Jongin said almost mumbling turning his head away, but you still heard it anyway, heat slowly creep up your face rounded around your cheeks from the word “‘married” as it echoes inside your head.

Married. Married. Married.

“What makes you think I’ll marry you?” Now it was your turn to tease and didn’t miss the part where Jongin’s eyes grew wider from the query.

“I─I…” Cat caught his tongue and you almost chuckle at its sight.

“Just kidding…” You said smile finally settled down between your lips. Your intuition that maybe somewhere in Jongin’s thoughts had considered marrying you at least once, from the way he reacted; it was enough for you to feel optimistic about your future. Whether Jongin make it true or not, it doesn’t matter. What’s important is the present, and you’re willing to devote all yourself to the one you love. “Let’s move on, I’m excited now!” You giggled suddenly getting enthusiastic. “Just make sure that the place we’re going to and what we’re going to do is worth… stripping me off” You said the last part mumbling, but the noiselessness makes the whispers, even the drop of the pin, be heard.

Jongin sighed before snickering at you and started the engine again.

 

Few minutes later, you’d finally reached your first destination and you gaped at the translucent skyscraper standing tall in front of you. This building was popular among the tourist in your city where only dauntless people would dare to enter it. Why? Because, in order to reach the top of it you’ll have to ride the glass elevator. (Have I mentioned that the elevator was made up of glass? Yes, I think I did.) In actuality, you’ve never been there, you only heard about it. Not because you’re afraid of heights or anything, well everyone’s afraid of heights that’s a given, but you’re not acrophobia, or at least that’s what you believed in.

Both of you and Jongin waited for the elevator to come down and you’re just staring blankly ahead. There are four elevators in each side of the building, and only two passengers at a time can ride it. You didn’t notice that you’re actually shaking until Jongin held your hand intertwining your fingers.

“Don’t be scared, I’m here,” He muttered not taking away his eyes ahead of him. You peered at him and saw no sign of fear but determination. You breathed deeply before the sound of ‘ding’ was heard indicating the elevator’s arrival.

“I’m not scared, just nervous.” You said timidly.

“Well then,  I suggest you don’t look down.”

“What?”

Even before Jongin could answer your question, the door closes and you wiggled slightly when the small glassy compartment started to move upwards. Not long after you remembered his warning, and instead of complying you did otherwise. As soon as you looked down you gasped and your knees went weak when you noticed that the actual flooring of the elevator was made up of glass too, and what’s worst? The elevator is moving too slow, too slow for your liking. The building has a hundred floors and you’re already at, let’s see… seventh floor going eighth. (Now that’s a bit too fast, no? Too bad then.) You arms flailed and grabbed on to anything you could grab on, which is Jongin, to stable your balance. Now, you realized why Jongin wanted you to wear anything but skirt. You wrapped your arms tightly around Jongin and closed your eyes shut burying your head against the tanned guy’s chest.

Questions roamed around inside your head, asking, why did Jongin brought me here? Does he want me to get a heart attack or something? This is supposed to be our date? And date between couples is supposed to be romantic and fluffy, not scary! You wailed peeking slightly around you and you paled when you saw how high you’re now from the ground. Or, was this revenge for hitting him? But that would be too immature for a reason. And more, and more questions popped out even irrelevant ones. You snapped out from your trail of thoughts when you heard Jongin chuckled.

“You think this is funny?” You mumbled on his chest gripping his back shirt tightly. “Our date is supposed to be romantic and all not this,” You wailed, tears starting to form from your eyes out of fear.

“But this is romantic…” Jongin stated and you whipped your head upward to look at him. You’re about to complain, in which part of this is romantic? when you felt Jongin’s hold tightened around your body and you felt electricity flowed through your veins, when you felt Jongin’s body pressed onto yours. You’re speechless, and for a moment you’d forgotten your fears.

Soon after a few minutes, you’d finally relaxed your body against Jongin’s body and a slight smile tug on the corner of your lips. “Can you trust me?” Jongin mumbled placing a kiss on your temple and you nodded.

Jongin slowly unwrapped his arms around you and rested his hands on your shoulders, before spinning you around, making your eyes shut closed in the process.

“You can open your eyes now…” Jongin whispered right beside your ears making you shiver, but you’re still a bit hesitant.

“What floor are we now?” You asked.

“We’re already half-way to the top. Now open your eyes, and just trust me…” After hearing Jongin’s words, you slowly opened up your eyelids and tried hard not to look below your feet, but just straight ahead. The moment you had a slight view of what’s in front of you, your eyes grew wider and you gasped when you saw how magnificent the view was in front of you. All the buildings and cars below looked like nothing but a toy from a distant. The people walking by on the sidewalks were like ants, moving in certain lines and directions; you can hardly recognize their genders.

“It’s beautiful…” You muttered fascinated beaming at the clear blue sky.

You’re so absorbed with the scenery when you felt Jongin’s arms s around your waist, back hugging you. Shiver run up your spine when you felt Jongin’s lips landed at the nook of your neck. You brought your hands up hovering on top of his arms, bending your neck on the side to give Jongin full access on your neck.

“I know it’s too early, but I want to let you know that I have decided and I’m serious…” Jongin breathed kissing you by the chin then to your jawline.

“About what?” You asked closing your eyes, breathing started to become harder every moment Jongin would nibble your skin.

“About marrying you…” He breathed pulling your face towards him kissing you passionately and your breath hitch when you felt the elevator shook a little. Jongin spun you around, grabbing your cheeks with his hand while the other glided on your side. “Relax a little…” He said and you did pressing your lips harder on him.

 

“I still can’t believe you just did that!” You squealed cringing every time you remember what happened after the kiss. Now you’re both walking out of the building heading towards where the car was parked.

Jongin getting carried away by the heat of the moment had pushed you towards the glass to press his body into yours, but you on the other hand panicked when your body laid flat on the glass, you almost felt like you’re standing at the very edge of a cliff and you’re about to fall off. Just the thought, makes your arse cringe even more and shuddered endlessly.

“Sorry,” Jongin sniggered; expression clearly tells that he’s not the least bit sorry about what happened. He just interlaced your fingers with his and dragged you towards the car.

“Are you ready for our next destination?” He smiled genuinely as he buckled up your belt, and you can’t help but chuckle back, planting a quick peck on your lips, before buckling himself up.

“I hope it’s more beautiful, but not as scary as the first one,” You snickered rolling your eyes.

“You’re going to like it I swear,” Jongin laughed, almost evily if I may add up. Your eyes rounded terrified.

OH NO!


A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

I'm sorry if the date turned out to be lame or whatnot. And about the freaking glass building, please don't ask if it's real or not. Because the answer is NO! lol. As far as I know there's no building like that existing in Korea with a glass elevator that could "overlook the city". But, I don't know maybe there is but I have no idea lmao. What I'm only positive that they have was the one they used in "Queen Inhyun's Man" but I believe that transparent elevator was inside the building itself. I'm just spouting nonsense am I?

Anyways, about the skyscraper, I just based it on the building that America has, somewhere in Chicago, where they made a balcony made of glass jutting out on the skyscraper's 103rd floor, so everyone could experience what it's like to stand high up in the air.

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196967/Dont-look-Terrifying-view-glass-box-balcony-jutting-skyscrapers-103rd-floor.html

/SCREAMS God what's wrong with me? Anyway, the date is just getting started. It took longer than I expected it to be. I'm in the process of writing the second part now, so please wait patiently. Look forward to another naughty and immature Jongin on the next update!

WHO'S EXCITED TO EXO'S COMEBACK? Q.Q 
OVERDOSE is killing me literally... Orz

See you guys on the next update! xoxo