Chapter 6

Fans First

For the next 2 weeks, TVXQ spent almost 24/7 in the dance studio. And in that 2 weeks, the couple only exchanged a few video calls at midnight. After a whole day of practicing, Jaejoong just wants to snooze the moment hme gets home. Not that Minyeon feels neglected. In fact, with her finals coming up, Minyeon has been studying her days away at home that she couldn't stay on the phone with Jaejoong for long either. 

A week on, 2 days before the concert, Minyeon has finally completed her last paper. That night, Minyeon waited for hours before Jaejoong finally called. Despite both of them feeling restless, they spent 2 hours exchanging laughter and updating each other on their time apart.
 
"Oh BoA asks if you're going for the concert. She said she hasn't seen you since you came back from your trip and misses you." Jaejoong asked.
 
Since Jaejoong and BoA are good friends, Jaejoong introduced them to each other and since Minyeon was always a big fan of BoA. They hit off so well and almost instantly, they became great friends over time. 
 
"That depends, did you get me a backstage pass?" Minyeon asked, hopeful.
 
"Do you even need one?? You're even good friends with the staff." Jaejoong replied. 
 
Minyeon laughed and replied with a hiccup, "Of course I do! Guess I'm going then!" Jaejoong punched the air immediately. He bit his lips, just in case he lets out a scream since he was still on the line with Minyeon.
 
"Guess you're going then!" Jaejoong imitated the way Minyeon's hiccup.
 
"Guess I'm going then. Okay oppa, its late, you should head to bed." Minyeon said with a yawn.
 
"Yeah, you too. Goodnight, I love you." 
 
"Love you." With that, they both hung up.
 
On the day of the concert, Minyeon was woken up by a text from Jaejoong: 'Can't pick you up personally so I got manager hyung to be my substitute chaperone. Get ready by 5, he'll be waiting at the lobby. Sorry babe. Love you.' 
 
Minyeon decided to spend the day baking cupcakes for the staff who worked backstage at the concert. She always admired them because they put in as much effort as the artistes and yet their effort goes off unacknowledged most of the time. 
 
She baked cupcakes in ice cream cones and topped it off with whip cream and sprinkles. It was her own recipe or as she would say, "A Minyeon original". Although her cooking was much lousier than Jaejoong's, her baking skills were no match for Jaejoong.
 
By 5p.m., she was up and ready for the concert, donned in a floral spring dress and flats: simple yet sweet. Jaejoong's manager arrived at 5p.m. on the dot and drove off to the concert venue.