LOSING PEOPLE YOU LOVE

IDENTICAL ( on Hiatus )

(A/N) HAAAAI GUISE ;~; I know I know. I am definitely back from the dead. I am so sorry for failing to update consequently and I know I have left you guys hanging. I know I am such a bad author so to make it up to you, I made this update as long as possible. It took me several days for this update actually I know I'm so lame TT^TT

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"What are you doing nomo?"

 

A flair old lady who is sitting in a bench glanced at Donghae with a sweet smile. "I'm looking over your baby pictures. I cant believe you grow up so fast."

Donghae cooed and sat beside his nomo. "Even though I would be very old I will still be your little boy." "Yaaah! youre acting gay right now."  Donghae chuckled  and cleared his throat. His nomo flipped another page of the photo album. The whole page was occupied by a picture of a youthful woman. It was his mother. Donghae glanced from the picture to his nomo, who looked at the picture with teary eyes. Donghae wrapped his arms around his nomo from the back, who in turn, pats his hand and leans her head on his.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yoona hadn't stopped poking Donghae. He was almost to his irritation boost when he faced her just to see her infamous pout also featuring, her irresistible doe-puppy eyes. "Oppa~ jebal please please?"

"For the umpteenth time Im Yoona-- no"

Huffing in exasperation, she crossed her arms above her chest with furrowed brows and again, with the pout.

"You're no fair! You said you're gonna be all free today but why are you working? You're not even allowed to work your age yet. YAAAAH listen to me!"

 

Donghae had no choice but to chuckle to her loudness. This girl is a pain in the at times but never fails to capture your heart.

"Okay okay. After oppa gets---"

 

Without being able to finish his statement, he was dragged by the strong little lady in a speed of light, with his work clothes on. 

After all the dragging around, Donghae was able to guess where they will be heading. And yes he got it right, infront of them is the short and stout mango tree where they always stay to play. After a couple of seconds of immense silence, he felt a strong slap on his arm and a soft giggle. "You're it!" And with that, Yoona ran like a maniac while Donghae looked at her with a huge grin and afterwards. "Yoonaaa~ Oppa monsterr comes to eat you!" "Shut up youre not scary! Just try to catch me!" Sticking her tongue out playfully she ran and ran around the tree and the game goes on the entire afternoon. Giggles and laughs soon became the area's harmony. After alot of games, from playing tag, to jacks, to hopscotch, to hide-and-seek, to who knows when and what it'll finish, they rested above the tree, watching the beautiful sunset. 

Donghae looked at Yoona again. Savoring her young beauty, he reached and tucked a strand of her behind her ear. Yoona, comfortable by his 'brotherly' act, just looked at him and gave him her dazzling smile. 

"Yoona, do you still remember my promise to you?"

"The one you promised that you'll always be with me forever every step of the way? Nae I did"

"Then should you promise me the same?"

Yoona tilted her head as she tries to sink in what he just said. After a couple seconds of thinking, she smiled and got up, crawled behind him, wrapping her arms around his neck from behind and gave him a loud peck in the cheek. 

"Yoona will forever be with Hae oppa forever and ever and ever. Whatever trials may come, Yoona will be by his side even to the extent of death"

 

Donghae was taken aback. His body stiffen and his mouth agape, his lips slowly curving to a smile. A smile that stretched from ear to ear. "YAAH OPPA SAY SOMETHING!" And now back to reality, he shook his head and turned to face a little hand with its cute pinky finger stuck out. "Pinky Promise~" Yoona hummed, resting her chin on Donghae's shoulder. With a soft chuckle, he hooked his pinky into hers and bumped their thumbs on each other.

 

"Pinky Promise"

 

 

 

 

"DONGHAE!!"

 

Their sweet moment has just been interrupted by a panting shout from below the tree. Looking down, he saw his panting uncle with a distraught expression on his face. "Donghae...your nomo"

Without another word, he jumped off the tree, rushed in haste towards their house. He opened the door with a loud thud, on the floor lay his pale grandmother in the arms of her aunt. Without hesitation, he scooped his nomo by his arms and shook her to conscience. 

"Nomo! nomo wake up! Hae is here please wake up!"

He shook and pleaded his grandmother in between sobs and sniffs, hoping for her to flutter her eyes open or even just flinch, sadly, there was no response. No breathe. No pulse. No heartbeat. And with that, he shouted in melancholy.

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Just an hour after the burial, Donghae was sitting by the mango tree again, shedding his sadness and grief from the death of his only family. Well atleast the only one whom took care of him and served as his parent, except his uncle and aunt. He was only staring on the ground he have been poking with a twig during the whole time. Poking and doodling on the empty soil when a sudden squeak and rustling sound came by. To his surprise he turned back to see a teary-eyed Yoona with her face smudged with what seems like a chocolate cake. He scurried off to her side and helped her up, crouching a little to have the same level as her as he tries to wipe away the chocolate from all over her face, as well as the tears that made her face all dirty. She started choking out words between hiccups and sobs.

"Oppa 'hic' Sorry I was supposed to 'hic' give this 'hic' cake 'hic' to you to 'hic' cheer you up. But I got tripped by the stupid branch 'hic' and now I ended up 'hic' the one eating it"

He chuckled on the little girl's concern. 

Donghae's POV

What would I do? This little girl loves me. But I guess I've affected her that much with my own emotions. I've been desolating myself from the social this past few weeks. I've seen Yoona peek from a corner from time to time but I shrugged it off. She must have felt neglected by me. 

I cupped her muffin cheeks and wiped away a tree using my thumb. And maybe for the first time during the past few weeks of my mourning, I smiled at her as heartwhelming as possible.

"Yoona-yah Oppa is sorry for being so moody lately kay? I know you're being affected by it and I've been so out of the world lately. Im so sorry"

"Yoona understands oppa. Halmeoni is already miles away from us. Maybe in a better place now and Yoona know oppa loves halmeoni so much. I am just worried for you oppa. Everytime I see you, you always frow. I'm worried that you'd get alot of wrinkles soon and I won't have any handsome oppa anymore"

This little brat. We are supposed to be having a melancholic and sweet moment here. How dare she end up making fun of me. 

But I know her too well. This little girl is just making up the mood, and I never fail to fall for her happy virus. That's why I love her so much.

 

"Yaaah now you make fun of oppa huh? I should punish you for that"

She stuck her tongue out to me and gave me a toothy smile although she's missing one tooth right now. Okay this is outrageous but... I'm gonna confess to her. 

 

Don't act surprised! You all knew I liked her from the very beginning, but yes, I know all of you would get flabbergasted of hearing a 12-year-old boy confessing to his 8-year-old childhood love. Well, I guess for me it is quite...I don't know I just can't hold it in. But hear this: I'm gonna confess to her in my own cool way.

"Yoona"

"Yeah oppa?"

"How about giving oppa another promise?"

"Hmm.. what is it?"

"....."

 

Okay you should bear with me. You know how hard it is to confess even though I'd known this girl for her entire life. Don't blame me but okay here it goes. I should fake a cough by now.

"Promise me.. when the time comes, you should marry oppa"

Yoona just stood there. her head tilting a little with her brows furrowed as if she's deep in thought. And there I was, crouching awkwardly, confessing to an 8-year-old innocent girl. But after a couple of seconds, she beamed and scurried away. Oh man she left me. She must've got scared, now I regret what I just--

"Oppa!"

Yoona came back running and tugged my shirt to make me crouch down again. She opened her palm and showed two toy rings which seemed like a pebble. One ring had a cartoon fish inside and the other had a cartoon doe.

"I got this as one of my collections! These are freebie toys I got from the candies in Ahjumma's store and saved this two because it reminded me of you and the other of me!"

She grabbed my ring finger with a giggle and inserted the doe ring in my ring finger. She did the same to the fish ring and inserted it on hers.

 

"Yoona will marry Hae oppa in the future. We will be future hushband and waayf!!"

 

With that, she jumped up and down after pecking me in the nose, which again, left me blown away. 

----------------------------------------------

I was skipping on my way home, feeling ecstatic and all. I mean I'm not really done with my mourning process but hey, whould'nt be happy? I just got myself a fiancee! I shouted a cheery 'I'm home', thinking where my uncle is. I kicked off my slippers and went inside the living room to see random luggages and things scattered. My eyes roamed around the room, different thoughts came rushing in my brain like: What is happening? Did uncle and aunt have a fight? Are they furnashing the house? Maybe they were just playing around with things and got all sweet in slumber. What the heck is that? I can imagine my face plastered with deep confusion. In short matter of time, uncle popped out from the kitchen and looked at me. He walked towards me and ushered me to their room, maybe for a little chitchat.

"Donghae, I'm your uncle right? uhm well id on't know how to start this off but"

I can feel him tense up as he rested his palm on my shoulder which made me tense up as well.

"At the very night you were born was also the night I promised noona that I would take care of you in behalf of her. And now I pledged in omma's grave to be your guardian and your father. I, as well as your aunt, are more than willing to do what's best for you. Since we have not been blessed with a child, we believed you are God's gift to us and by that, me and your aunt are gonna treat you as our own."

Well, I thought it was something bad. It turned out to be more than what I expected I guess. I may not call myself orphaned anymore. With all the love and support uncle and aunt will be giving me, I should be more than thankful.

"Therefore Donghae, we are moving to Seoul" 

 

His smile curved into a frown-no-more like a shocked, flabbergasted expression. Leave Seoul? Leave...Yoona?

"But uncle--"

"It will be a great place for you there. We could start a business for a living. You want that right? And then you're gonna go to school and achieve your dreams there, there in Seoul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

Donghae was again, deep in thought. But he preferred not staying in the mango tree. He'd probably bump into Yoona. No, he can't see her just yet. He still does not know how to tell things through her, he is not ready to tell her, he is not ready to leave her. Instead, he remained in his slumber, thinking things through, as well as packing his things though it gives him such burden. Two days more and they will be leaving this village. 

Yoona, in the other hand, has been waiting for him in the mango tree. After long hours of being bored from waiting for him, she decided to look around the village for him 'Maybe he's working again' she thought. Unfortunately, he is nowhere to be found. With an exasperated sigh, she slumped into a corner and pouted, glancing on the cheap ring wrapping around her tiny finger. 'Maybe oppa is sick. I should check in their house'. She ran towards Donghae's house when she bumped into a man who is carrying a familiar huge vase. After a soft 'Sorry' she scanned and figured out they are somewhat loading furnitures from her oppa's house. Sudden confusion rushed through her. She tugged on the the shirt on the man she just bumped into.

"Ahjussi, what is happening?"

"We're loading the Lee's heavy stuffs out to send them in their new house ahead for less burden"

"New house?"

"Yes little girl, they will be traveling to Seoul the day after tomorrow I guess. So I suggest you should back away for awhile so that the big boys won't get any problems arasso?"

 

Yoona bowed slightly to the man she talked to just now. Move? Seoul? what does that even mean? Naive Yoona then came to a realization of what's happening. Too caught back by her emotion, little Yoona ran home brawling in tears.

 

Another day had passed and Donghae have not told Yoona yet. Well then maybe it would be better if he'd just keep it to himself. Maybe there'd be no hard feelings for her. The day of the departure arrived and Yoona dragged his luggage and himself out of the house with weariness. He was not able to sleep all night. He threw his luggage at the back of the truck and took a glance at the direction of Yoona's house.

"Farewell house. Farewell mango tree. Farewell Soorak. Farewell...Yoona"

The sound of gurgling start of engine was his signal to leave the place totally. He jumped in the passenger seat and the truck ran across the bumpy road. How he'd wish that Yoona dropped by. Just for a short while, maybe he'd be able to give her his last farewell. 

"Oppa!!!!"

Now he's starting to hallucinate things.

"Hae oppa!!"

'Gracious her voice keeps repeating in my head. /sigh/ I'll miss you Yoong.' he thought

"YAAH PABO FISH OPPA!"

 

he turned his head around. Wide-eyed, he watched little Yoona at the back of the truck. He pleaded the driver to stop with total panic in his voice. After a loud screech, he shoved the door open and threw himself out of the car in haste. He grabbed Yoona from above the truck and, through adrenaline, carried her out and hugged her tightly.

"Yaaah! Mischievous Im Yoona! What the hell do you think you're doing??"

"I will be coming with you"

"You're out of your mind!"

"No YOU'RE out of your mind oppa! Why did you leave me without telling me? That's why you're so stupid"

"Argh seriously. You can't Yoona"

"Why not?"

"Because you're mom will be worried sick for you!"

Yoona huffed and pouted, crossing her arms above her chest. Donghae rested his hands on her shoulders to reassure her. He understands her. He knows how she felt. He is more than hurt to see her like this, to see himself like this. 

"Yoona, you know you cannot come with me. We have to separate ways for now. But it doesn't mean we have to separate our relationship as well okay? Do you remember your promise to me? The ring? Everything? Keep that in mind arasso?"

After a few seconds, Yoona bobbed her head up and down. "We will still keep in touch with each other right oppa? We will write each other?"

"Yes Yoona. And I swear I am going to come back for you to keep our promises."

"Nae oppa!" and with that, Yoona hopped and hugged him. He climbed back to the front seat and made a last glance at Yoona and rode.

 

Yoona watched as the truck bumped the road and slowly widens the distance between her and Donghae's. She ran after the truck with her full speed. Running with her tears slowly slipping from her eyes and tripped on a rock head first, her face with little beads of stones and tears.

"Oppa wait for me"

 

 

 

(Another A/N)

Haloderr again giuse \(o u o)/

Sooo yeah I know I'm so lame. I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as possible. I'm gonna make it up to you guys but I hope you'll bear with me as well. 

Anyway my loyal sunchingus, LEMME HEAR YOUR BEAUTIPURR VOOOOOOIIIIICCCCEEEE~ <3 What do you think of this update? Please lemme feel your love by your comments and feedbacks and subscribtion and upvote and support to keep me going. aigoo mehehehe *throws love to everybodeh*