GROWING APART

IDENTICAL ( on Hiatus )

The dark sky is elongated by the pinkinsh sunrise

Gulling seagulls began their usual morning orchestra

Waves came splashing in the shore,

Its breeze setting coolness to the village

Birds came chirping through the cool blossoms

Morning is always so---

 

--- KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

 

Donghae twitched

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

Donghae twitched again, trying to ignore the soft irritating knocks on his wooden bedroom window

 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

 

The knocks started going on Donghae's nerves, but this time, with a soft whisper.

Donghae carried his heavy head and crawled towards his sliding wooden window as he rubbed away the stars from his eyes. Outside his window, a cute eight-year-old figure's head popped up with bright smile, rare on cold mornings.

 

"Good morning oppa~!"

"Yaaah Yoongie-- How dare you disturb my calm morning. Why are you up at this hour? Kids at your age usually get up in midafternoon. Its 5 in the morning for heaven's sake!"

 

Little Yoona just gave him an eyesmile with her doe-like eyes and showed Donghae a brown box with "Happy Birthday Fish Oppa~!" doodles around it. She raised it infront of his face and bounced up and down as she giggled and said  "Taadaaaaa~"

 

"Saengil Chukkhae Hamnida, Saengil Chukkhae Hamnida~ Saranghaneun Hae oppa~ Saengil Chukkhae Hamnidaaa~! Yaaay! Happy 12th Birthday Hae oppa!"

 

Donghae chuckled after little Yoona's surprise. He reached down his arms to pull and carry 8 year old Yoona inside his room.

 

"Oppa. Whadya think of Yoongie's surprise?"

 

Donghae removed the box's cover and inside is a palm sized cupcake with icing forming a fish and a big number 12. The surface is being covered nicely with colorful sprinkles. He found himself smiling but quickly changed his face to glum.

 

"Yaaah what with the fish face? How can you make me happy by teasing me?"

"Aish oppa. I know you too well. I'm just eight but I know your doing that face on purpose"

 

Donghae chuckled and ruffled Yoona's wavy hair which made Yoona giggle. "I made that last night. It really took me alot of time for the idea. Good thing halmeoni helped me."

"Nomo helped you? So thats why nomo came home late yesterday and you were acting so suspicious. How come I did not notice that? You creepy creeper"

"I learned from the best"

Donghae smiled as he watched Yoona giggle.

 

Donghae has just turned 12. Birthdays was'nt really big deal for him but his family and Yoona make much effort for it. They love him taht much. Donghae lived with his grandmother whom he called nomo and Yoona called halmeoni. Donghae loved his nomo so much. She is his everything for him. He did not have the  chance to be with his parents but his nomo did not cease to let him feel orphan. Donghae would sometimes think that his nomo is his menopausal aged mother. Donghae also lived with his uncle and her wife whom cannot have a child. Donghae dreams on being a businessan someday but people quite make fun about it. They would tease hi "Donghae: The hopeless businessman". Donghae does not care after all, but Yoona would barge in and bully the big guys for teasing her "big brother". Donghae thinks its cute. Yoona, fighting for him.

Donghae is also quite popular in SooRak village. Not only because of himself as a prankster and a catastrophe, but also because of his hamdsome asset. He had quite a number of dumped girls already though at young age. He remained single and pledged to be because he already had his eyes on a particular someone.

 

Someone who he felt happy being with

Someone who is a loyal prank sidekick

Someone who is very smart though she is 4 years younger than him

Someone who made him happy with just a smile

And that someone is eight-year-old Im Yoona

 

Im Yoona was born four years after Donghae. She have a runaway mom who left her as soon as giving birth to her, afraid of her responsibilities. Yoona, a cheerful kid as she is, is SooRak village's charming princess. She is an optimistic girl who kept smiling with cheeks bouncing at everytime she runs.She is an aspiring chef and a smart kid at her young age. She is a granddaughter of the village quack doctor whom was very close to Donghae's family even before they were born. She is Donghae's prank sidekick. She would spend everyday with him, having fun on their own childish ways. She grew up with Donghae always by her side. There was never a memory without him.

Little did she know that at the very day she was born, he savors every smile she does.

He obsess Yoona's eye smiles

Everyday with her makes him happy

Every baby giggles she make gives him blushes

Sometimes he would be left to take care of her, and she savors every hour taking care of her. Playing with her, feeding her, making her laugh. Even at times he'd have to give her a bath or dress her up which really makes him blush all bad. (Emergheed where'd I get that??)

The day Yoona was born was the day Donghae first saw her

The day Donghae felt special

The day he urge of seeing her giggle all the time

The day he savor every baby's touch she gives and every hold she make in his finger with her soft, little, baby hands

The day he felt weirdness all over him

That day Donghae fell inlove...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Aiden dear, Good Morning"

 

A head popped up beneath the thick covers of the king sized bed with irrisistable bed hair. Morning was as usual in the Lee residence in New York. But Aiden expect it the other way. It is his birthday, and birthdays was always special for him and his gran. His gran is the only person Donghae loves the most. The one who understands him and the one who is always on his side.

"Good Morning gran"

"Today is your big day honey. Why dont you get up now and take a shower? Dinner will be waiting for you downstairs."

"What are we gonna do today gran?"

"Party will be at eight. Your entire friends are coming. Aren't you excited?"

 

Aiden made a weak smile. His entire friends are coming but he doesn't even have one.

The door opened and a formal figure went inside the room. His gramps shot a glare to his wife.

 

"Aiden get up now this instant. It is early in the morning and youre lazing around. You have to train being consistent. You are big now so you have to think of your responsibilities to the company."

"Harold, Please"

"SoRan, let us talk"

Aiden's grandmother stood up and left a peck in Aiden's forehead. Aiden's smile dissappeared after his gran shut the door. His gramps never fail to start every day with a sermon. Sometimes Aiden would think: If he had an ally, there would always be a villain, and that would be his gramps. His gramps is Harold Lee, owner of every Pasteur de Lee Restaurant in different parts of Asia and America. You might have wondered why he is so hard on Aiden. He was once a father, a very careless one as he thinnks. His son, Aiden's father, JongHi, was loved dearly but he trained him early for he will be the heir of the family business. But JongHi was too carefree and does what he wants, as what old Harold says. JongHi ran away to become a doctor even though it is against his father's will. Now that old harold has a new heir to rule the business he and his forefathers shed tear, blood , and sweat, he is very determined to train Aiden as hard as possible. Although he did not have any idea how he got a grandson. 

 

"Harold you can't be too hard to the boy. Its his birthday today"

"You're spoiling him too much SoRan. How can we have someone to pass the business to if every heir we got will be too carefree and disobedient? Because he is 12 now, he should start headfirst to the the business principles."

"Its your fault JongHi ended up like this. Your being too puritanical! All you care about is your business!" SoRan hissed at her husband in a whisper manner, making sure Aiden couldn't hear. She walked out and headed downstairs. Leaving Harold shaking his head.

 

Breakfast was silent as usual. Only sounds of utensils are heard in the dining room. Awkward wind rushed through Aiden, which made him scrutinize himself. Gran cleared and asked him  in a merry tone. "Aiden dear, I bet your very excited for tonight. I prepared alot for this party and its all just for you." Aiden replied with a smile. His happiness is again bombarded by his negative gramps. "Aiden, do not forget your language lessons today. Your birthday is never an exemption to any of my plans" "Yes gramps" Harold was then shot a glare from his wife.

 

---- AFTER THE PARTY-----

 

Donghae walked out the party with his tuxedo binding him. As he went outside the ballroom and in his room terrace heads turned praising him. Aiden is a very handsome boy. He got it all: Beauty and Brains and Money. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the thing he craves for the most: Freedom. He wanted to go to an arcade, go to school and have friends and fun; not get stuck in the house, home-schooled, observed in any move he does. Being the heir of the family business is not a problem for him, but he also want to have fun, enjoy his childhood. He never had any friends, he only see same faces everyday. He have to take different classes and learn different languages. He only have  his gran to lean on, so he have to do everythiing not to get himself to trouble and lose his gran.

 

 

(A/N) 

Hallowaaa~ its me again. Hope you like this update! I'm sorry for the corrupting minors thingy between Donghae and Yoona T^T. I based the gap in the actual aging of YoonHae. 

Also, whadya think of my poster? I made it myself and its totally the first poster I made xD I think the posters kinda funny and I'm so faaaiiiilll >o<

please tell me if its quite good or actually bad. Feedbacks are reeeaaaly appreciated. :))))