Chapter One

Rain

A/N Please comment if the chapter is too short, since I'm kinda new at this, please give me advice! :)

Yunho's sneakers squelched along the road as he ran, his hoodie drenched from the rain. His dark hair that usually stuck up from different directions was now stuck to his forehead.  "God, why did you choose this time and this day to rain, why?" He muttered under his breath, as he looked around for cover. Just as he had got out of his apartment, a light drizzle had started and it didn't look like it was going to get heavier. But it did. Today wasn't his best day and he hoped that his luck wasn't going to get any worse. He sighed as he saw no shelter surrounding him. "I'll just take the shortcut through the park," he thought. Yunho pulled his hood up and whispered "Hwaiting". 

Today was D-Day. The day where he was going to take his first step in being the best singer of Seoul, of South Korea, of Asia! It was his dream. Since 5 years ago, when he was 13, he was coming back from school and  he heard the most beautiful voice he had ever heard and that had triggered something new in his heart. Something that he couldn't explain. But from that then on, he was inspired to become a singer.                 

There was no one in the park. Why would there be? It was raining, who would be crazy enough to have a walk in the park in this weather? Yunho, of course. The cold rain had already gotten through onto his skin and his teeth was chattering slightly. No, he had to get to the audition today no matter what. He was ready, more than ready. But what if, he got instant hypothermia and fainted and no one could find him until the next day, and only his bones were left? Yunho shook his head from the thoughts that was building in his head, the water droplets falling out of his hair. 

"Hey, crazy person in the hoodie!" A voice shouted from behind. Yunho whipped his head around, and saw a figure running towards him with a bright pink umbrella. 

"What in the -" He mumbled, looking at the unusual sight before him. As the figure came into view he saw a boy aged around two years above him. His hair was raven black and what made Yunho focus on was his eyes. The boy's eyes were big and doe-like, brighter than anyone he had ever seen. He had red plump lips and even though he looked older he was just a bit shorter than him.

"Crazy hoodie, what are you doing out without an umbrella?" The older boy asked, raising  an eyebrow, stepping closer to him so the umbrella covered him as well. 

"I--uh-- needed to go somewhere," he managed to stutter as he was dazed by how warm the boy's voice was. He wanted to know who this boy was and he croaked out,  "Who are you?"  The older boy smiled,"I'm Jaejoong."

Yunho couldn't help but grin back,"I'm Yunho," he replied back shocked at how soft his voice had suddenly become.  Jaejoong smirked and they shook hands looking into each others eyes for a moment hearing the rushing sound of the rain. Jaejoong's hands were so warm that Yunho held on longer feeling the warmth that was going into his body. He finally let go, a few seconds later, embarrassed by his subconscious action.

"So, um, where are you going in this weather? I'll take you there or else you'll catch a cold," Jaejoong said after the awkward moment, his eyes now looking anywhere but Yunho. He glanced at Yunho and saw that his face was dripping wet, the waterdrops clinging from his long eyelashes.He reached inside his pocket and took out a floral handkerchief.

"Here, wipe your face first." Yunho snapped out of his daze and mumbled a thanks. Thinking that Yunho didn't hear his question he asked again. "So...where are you going?"

"Oh..uh I'm going to the Heart, Mind and Soul audition, it's around here,"  he replied, wiping his face. The handkerchief had a whiff of a lemon scent and the nicest cologne smell.

"Ok, then, let's go!" Jaejoong grabbing onto Yunho's shoulders, the height difference making the his position awkward. His touch made Yunho stiff and he wondered what was the feeling he had at the pit of his stomach. And it certainly was not because of butterflies.