Rest Away

Brothers for Life (Second Version)

“So, what do you have in mind?” Jaejoong asks as he leans forward and watches Junsu carefully across the table on their private jet to London.

“Hm?” Junsu raises an eyebrow.

“You know with your crazy ide-

“I was being spontaneous!” Junsu insists. It is the fifth time he said those words for the past two hours they’re on the plane.

Yoochun squints his eyes. “With you being spontaneous, you’ve planed this trip thoughtfully, right?”

Junsu smiles sheepishly. “What if I haven’t?”

“Junsu!” Yunho yells as he slaps the back of his head. Jaejoong groans loudly since he knows he’s going to be the one to take care of the rest of the journey. Changmin laughs happily while Yoochun buries his face on his hands next to him.

“I told you I was being spontaneous!”

“So, no place to stay when we arrive?” Jaejoong asks, trying to be patient.

Junsu scratches the back of his head. “Well, we can always use your grandfather’s house, right? It’s close to everywhere. That’s what I thought before,” he says timidly.

“And, what? Have you called my grandfather’s maid to tell him that we’re going to stay for a night? Oh, I’m sorry, I mean for a week?!”

“I thought you would do that, hyung,” Junsu grins and that makes Jaejoong wants to jump across the table and slap him right on the face.

“You know, throwing you off the plane right now is spontaneous too!” Yunho says as he grabs the back of Junsu’s neck. Changmin laughs harder.

Yoochun looks up and watches as Changmin giggles happily when the other three don’t stop arguing. “Why are you so happy?” he asks Changmin when the giggles don’t stop.

Changmin shrugs. “Being us makes me happy, I guess?” he says and yawns at the same time. “I’m tired by just laughing like that.”

Yoochun straightens his back and leans back to the seat. “Sleep, then,” he says. Changmin nods and puts his head on his shoulder. “We’ll be here when you wake up.”

“Hmm, I know,” Changmin mumbles sleepily. And, in a minute, he’s asleep deeply like a baby.

 


 

Hours and hours later, they land and a car has waited for their arrival, thanks to Jaejoong. He glares at Junsu as they get out of the plane. Yoochun thanks the pilot and co-pilot since they’re pretty familiar with him. Yunho has been pampering Changmin since hours ago when they were still flying. Changmin is tired with the attentions his hyungs has been giving him but he knows that’s the only way to calm them down.

The car drives away to one of the most famous neighborhood in London. There are expensive big houses, all lined up. The condo Jaejoong’s grandfather bought years ago is only a vacation home, sometime they rent it for visitors, sometime they don’t. And, it’s definitely not the first time they visit the neighborhood.

“We’re here!” Junsu beams as he exits the car, “Can’t believe we’re finally taking a vacation!”

Jaejoong gets out from the other car next to Junsu’s. “Thanks to me,” he says as he steps inside the condo.

Junsu pouts and watches Jaejoong disappears behind the big wooden door. Yoochun laughs and pushes him to follow Yunho to get inside. “Min?” Yoochun calls and turns around.

The house is up on the hill. They can practically see so many things from just the terrace. The sky has darkened minutes ago and the lights start twinkling. It’s really beautiful and Changmin couldn’t stop staring. Probably, this is what people always say, that we have to be dying to appreciate the nature, everything around us.

“Hey, Min,” Yoochun calls again. Changmin finally turns to look at him and smiles. “It’s pretty, huh?” he asks and Changmin nods before looking back to the houses. Yoochun gives him a moment to himself.

“What are you guys doing? It’s getting late,” Jaejoong calls from the door.

Yoochun gives him a sign with his hand and Jaejoong disappears again. “Okay, stop staring and just get inside. You need to clean up and get rid of that jet lag.”

Changmin laughs. He turns around and walks to Yoochun. “Speaking of jet lag, how’s yours?”

Yoochun shrugs. “I can still make it for a day and another with you, but I don’t know if it’s with Junsu,” he says. He ruffles Changmin’s hair and feels some strands of his hair falls out on his hand as Changmin walks away. Yoochun hides the tightness in his chest and keeps the tears away.

 


 

“Hey, sleepyhead, it’s morning,” Jaejoong kisses the crown of Changmin’s head lightly. He’s always so gentle and soft. And, this is probably the reason why people say that he’s not manly at all, especially against the other four. But, they love him so much for this.

“Already?” Changmin asks groggily. He rubs his eyes to shoo the sleep away.

Jaejoong laughs at the cute gesture. “Yeah,” he says softly, “you even skipped dinner. Now, I want you to eat two portions of breakfast.”

“I’m not hungry,” Changmin struggles to open his eyes long enough, “just tired.”

“Oh, come on! After skipping breakfast and barely ate your lunch on the plane yesterday? You know this isn’t okay.”

Changmin smiles dreamily. “Alright, alright. I’ll be down in ten minutes.”

“Make it five,” Jaejoong says and slaps Changmin’s lightly, making him laugh.

 


 

“Where are people?” Yunho asks when he gets inside the kitchen, “And, aren’t there any maid here? Why are you cooking?”

“Changmin loves my food,” Jaejoong says quietly without turning around.

Yunho nods and takes the orange juice in the refrigerator. “Everyone loves your food. The only one who will hate your food is your wife.”

Jaejoong finally laughs. Yunho walks to him after drinking his juice and rubs Jaejoong’s shoulder to ease the tense away and Jaejoong relaxes immediately. He’s been tensed enough ever since Changmin’s sick.

“Do you think I’m not manly?” Jaejoong asks while Yunho cuts some apple next to him. Yunho eats the apple and sits on the kitchen table as he thinks for an answer. “You’re not allowed to sit on the table, Yunho-yah,” Jaejoong warns him, still without turning around to look at him.

“We’re in Europe,” Yunho argues.

“Unrelated with what I’m asking.”

“You guys are like a married couple,” Yoochun comments as he gets inside the kitchen too.

Yunho looks at Yoochun and point to Jaejoong. “Do you think he’s not manly?” Yunho asks Yoochun.

Yoochun shrugs while opening the refrigerator. “With that yellow apron, in front of the stove, the hair that’s getting longer, and all those kisses on our heads in the morning?” Yoochun acts like he’s thinking, “Not manly enough,” he answers carefully and gulps down the milk from the refrigerator right from the bottle.

Yunho bursts out laughing and Jaejoong glare at Yoochun.

Yoochun walks to him and leans next to him. “Aw, come on, princess. Pouty mouth and cold aura don’t really fit you. Please, smile,” Yoochun says to Jaejoong. Jaejoong tries to be mad, so hard, but he really can’t be mad at these boys for too long. So, the three of them laugh.

“Where’s Junsu?” Yunho asks after their laugh has subsided.

“He sleeps like a log. I was up fifteen minutes ago and went to wake him up,” Yoochun shakes his head, “he doesn’t move even an inch,” and drinks the milk again.

“Changmin hasn’t came out from his room,” Jaejoong informs them as he continues cooking, “he said he’d be down in ten minutes.”

“He’s probably just tired. You know, with everything that’s going on, everything exhausts him easily,” Yunho tries to calm Jaejoong down.

Jaejoong turns around and for the first time that morning he looks at Yunho. “He didn’t eat his lunch properly yesterday and skipped breakfast. That’s not him, don’t you think?”

Yunho gets the message in Jaejoong’s tone. So, he nods. “Okay, I’ll check him up. Don’t worry.”

“I’ll wake Junsu up. We should eat breakfast as five,” Yoochun says and gets out from the room.

 


 

Changmin looks down on the red that splatters on the sink. He was just going to brush his teeth when he suddenly felt dizzy and started coughing up blood. Changmin leans on the wall next to him as another dizziness washes over his head. He slides down slowly until he sits on the floor. He tries to calm his heartbeat because he starts freaking out when the dizziness doesn’t go away. The next thing he realizes that a hand is on his shoulder and everything starts to clear away.

“Hey, try to breath, Changmin-ah.”

It’s Yunho’s voice. He can recognize it even he can’t see his face clearly. “Hyung…”

“I know, I know. Let’s get you to bed, okay?” Yunho says as he starts pulling Changmin up.

“No, no,” Changmin argues weakly, “can we sit here for a while? I can’t walk.”

“I’ll carry you.”

“No.”

“It’s cold, Changmin-ah.”

“Hyung.”

Yunho bites his lip and finally gives in. He sits next to him. He wraps his hand around Changmin’s shoulder, watching carefully as Changmin’s still trying to calm his body down. After a while, Changmin finally looks up.

“I’m okay now.”

And, Changmin smiles which makes Yunho wants to cry.

“Is this often?” Yunho asks.

Changmin shakes his head. “The first time.”

“Okay,” Yunho replies quietly, “I guess, we’ll have to get used to this kind of attack, huh?” He looks down on his lap.

“Hyung, don’t tell anybody, okay? Especially not Jaejoong hyung.”

“I can’t promise you that.”

“He’ll know eventually, but not now,” Changmin who has gathered his strength back slowly argues a little harder this time.

“He deserves to know.”

“We’re supposed to have a vacation here.”

“Your disease isn’t taking a vacation,” Yunho says sharply and Changmin smiles softly.

“It’s not and it won’t. I know. But, aren’t you supposed to fulfill a dying man’s wishes?” Changmin asks jokingly.

“I don’t like that,” Yunho says softly and he turns away.

Changmin laughs. “Hyung, you know he’ll freak out. He already is now and he won’t stop pampering me if he knows.”

Yunho sighs. “Fine. But I want to tell Yoochun and Junsu. I need to tell other people.”

“Only Yoochun hyung,” Changmin bargains, “and you have to make sure he doesn’t tell anyone too.”

“Why do you trust Yoochun so much?”

Changmin laughs again, this time more lively. “What? Are you jealous that he’s my favorite hyung?”

“What is…going on… here?”

Yunho and Changmin look up as their hearts drop at the person standing by the door and looking down to the bloodied sink. Fortunately, it’s someone Yunho can tell.

“Speaking of the devil,” Yunho says and watches Yoochun’s face turns from confused to terrified.

“Changmin-ah…”

“Hyung, we can explain!”

 


 

“What took you so long? Changmin needs to eat!” Jaejoong says, almost yelling, when Yunho, Yoochun, and Changmin get inside the dining room. Junsu has already started without them while Jaejoong laid his head lazily on the table before they came in.

“You didn’t wait for us?” Changmin asks teasingly to Junsu while taking a seat next to him, “Why am I not surprised? You’re a jerk.”

Junsu shrugs. “You’re late.”

“You’re not answering me,” Jaejoong says and folds his arms in front of his chest.

“Changmin fell asleep,” Yoochun answers quietly.

“Ah, hyung!” Changmin whines at the statement.

Yunho giggles softly. “Who knows Changmin can sleep like a log like Junsu too.”

“Who says I’m sleeping like a log?!” Junsu acts like he’s offended. “It must be this wide forehead!” He kicks Yoochun’s feet under the table and the way Yoochun reacts makes the table shakes. Yoochun glares at him from across the table.

“Ya!” Jaejoong warns when he sees Yoochun is ready to throw a revenge to Junsu. Yoochun pouts but he doesn’t argue back.

Jaejoong turns to Changmin. “You okay, Min? You look paler.” Junsu turns to observe Changmin too.

“Ey, I’m fine, hyung. I guess I just need a sunlight after this,” Changmin answers.

Junsu nods quickly. “I’m in for a soccer!”

“Who says I wanna play soccer?!” Changmin replies.

Jaejoong smiles as he watches Changmin and Junsu bickering. Yoochun looks down to his food. The blood on the sink can’t come off of his mind. It makes everything seems so real and even harder. Yunhoo grabs Yoochun’s hand under the table and squeezes it hard. For Changmin.

 


HEY GUYS I AM BACK!!!!!!! I am so sorry for not updating for months :( I've got things to do in university and I kinda had writer's block. I'm not saying I'm okay now, but I really want this story to continue so I started writing this story last week. I need you guys to understand that I won't update often because of this writer's block.

Kekekeke again, I'm sorry for making you guys to wait this long. I wasn't totally gone this whole time, I still logged in sometime to read some stories and I'm really thankful for your excitements and supports for this story. You guys are super sweet and the best!!! Also, welcome new subscribers!! I hope you guys enjoy this...

 

ps: I don't know why I make Jaejoong this feminine... I want him to have a girlfriend in this story :( *spoiler* *oops*

ps: I wrote this story while listening to DBSK old songs, like Love in the Ice and Tonight... And, I am in love all over again <3