Apologies

Kiss Your Aching Heart

You’re like a thorn (and you come into my arms) even though I know I’ll be scarred

 

 

Chapter 5 – Apologies

 

 

 

            As my eyes fluttered open and adjusted to the room’s lighting, I fixed myself and looked around. I was in the nurse’s office and there was no one else in the room. My eyes were burning and a strong throbbing on the left side of my head made me groan and lie back onto the bed. So many things already happened and I found it hard to breathe properly without my heart screaming in pain. Lifting my hand to my head, I paused when I realised the thick white bandage around it. With a frown, I inspected it but soon remembered what happened. I wondered who carried me though.

            “Oh, you’re awake?” a voice came from the door and I lifted my head to meet a familiar pair dark eyes.

            Kim Jongin.

            I continued to stare at him before looking away and fixing myself on the bed. I could hear his footsteps coming closer and his presence nearing me as well. I just remained silent and lifted my feet to hang over the edge of the bed. When I felt the weight of the bed shift next to me, I looked up and saw his face barely inches away from mine. His expression was unreadable but I knew he was angry with me on the inside. I could already feel it.

            “What is the meaning of this?” he asked; his voice relatively calm as his stare piercing directly through the side of my head.

            Still nothing was able to come out of my throat. Chewing on my lips I looked away but then his hand lifted my chin to meet his eyes.

            “Jiyeon, what’s going on?” he asked, furrowing his eyebrows to the centre as he titled his head slightly and I blinked once more before looking at the suddenly interesting wall behind him.

            “Nothing” I squeaked, as in literally squeaked.

            “Then what was this all about?” he asked gently running his fingers around the bandage and lifting my hand to his mouth before pressing his lips softly against the cloth. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. My heart was doing it again; beating like a drum. At this rate, I swore I’d catch a heart-attack.

            “My pen just broke…” I lied with a straight face but the goose bumps wouldn’t go away. He looked at me before arching his eyebrows with a small smile.

            “Oh really?” he asked and leaned in.

            “Yes, really” I cleared my throat and awkwardly pushed him away with my good hand.

            With that he stood and just as he let go of my hand, the door opened and the nurse walked in. she made her way over to me, followed by a worried Yunha and an equally concerned Luhan.

            “How are you feeling?” she asked.

            “Normal” I answered frankly.

            “Well, I think you should go home and rest. Also, you need to eat your meals on time and whatnot” she reminded as I nodded and she left the room.

            “Oh my god! You crazy girl!” Yunha shrieked as she walked over to sit next to me. Jongin just casually leaned against the small cabinet but kept his stare on me.

            “Stay home tomorrow,” came Luhan’s voice with an encouraging agreement from Yunha.

            “I’ll make sure of that!” Yunha nodded.

            “I’ll be fine guys” I waved them off and stood to leave as they glared at me.

            “Just make sure to rest” Yunha sighed and I nodded.

            “I’ll walk you out” Jongin said as I reached the door.

            “No thanks, I can make it. You guys better get back to class” I forced a smile and quickly slipped away. There’s no way I can handle Kim Jongin right now, I’ll sure faint again! Does he not understand how attractively breath-taking he is? Shisus!

 

            As I made my way out the gates, I came face to face with the last person I wanted to see at the moment.

            “How are you feeling?” he asked walking over to me. I cleared my throat and shifted away from him.

            “That’s none of your business” I rolled my eyes but he just folded his arms.

            “And not even a thank you from the person who saved you” he ticked his tongue as my eyes widened and I shortly glanced at him.

            “I never asked for your help” I cleared my throat and with that I walked away.

 

 

            The next day I was feeling a lot better and even though I didn’t exactly sleep, but that was normal. I entered the compound and just as I crossed the area, I saw Taemin. Not wanting to meet him, at all, I hurried inside and disappeared into the hall. My classroom was nearby but before I reached it, I was tugged to the wall as a body squished me against it. Looking up, I made eye contact with Kim Jongin as his body blocked me from escaping.

            “Hey! What gives?” I struggled as he smirked and leant in.

            “Sorry babe, but I knew you wouldn’t listen to me unless I was forceful” he winked causing me to scrunch my nose up and roll my eyes.

            “Go away and don’t call me babe” I tried pushing him away but that was futile, since my hand was already in enough pain.

            “I just wanted to apologise for yesterday, although it really did scare me” he said sincerely. The way he gaze at me was so heated and passionate, I felt rather under his eyes.

            “It’s ok… I should apologise to you as well…” I said softly.

            “So… make up kiss?” he wiggled his eyebrows and as much as I wanted to kiss him, I ducked his lips and quickly escaped.

            “I’ll see you for lunch Kai” I said and proceeded to my class but he was faster, stepping in front me, he bent down to peck my lips before disappearing.

            “Score one for Kim, zero for Jung” he smirked as I rolled my eyes once more and walked away.

 

 

            “Good morning class, we are pleased to inform you on your first trip to Malaysia this semester! Yay!” our professor said as he announced the rules and whatnot.

            “Sadly, this trip is only available for the top 10 students in the class” he concluded after getting our hopes up and . I zoned out after that.

 

            “So… what do think about it?” I asked Yunha as she shrugged and waved it off.

            “It doesn’t really matter to me, I mean, I can go Malaysia any time I want” she chuckled and I just shook my head.

            “Show off” I smiled.

            “I’ll buy your ticket, but your boyfriend I don’t know…” she joked as I slapped her lightly.

            “Shuddup…” I hid a blush.

            “Aww look at you, blushing at the mention of him” she continued to tease.

            “I will slap you” I warned but that didn’t stop my face from turning as red as possible.

            “Jiyeon and Jongin, sitting in a tree—” she sang.

            “Yah!!” I groaned.

            “K-i-s-s-i-n-g in a tree” she was so enjoying this.

            “Shut up!” I squeaked.

            “First came —” she changed the words just to annoy me.

            “HEY!” I gasped.

            “Then came marriage”

            “Third came many babies in golden carriages!” she clapped as I hid my face in my hand out of embarrassment.

            “You love him” she nudged me and I glared.

            “Just wait till you get a boyfriend, I’m going to torture your soul” I felt my right eye twitch as she laughed out loud.

            “Sure sure…” she waved it off.

            “You know… now that I’ve thought about it… why do you always skip out on English classes if you wanted to pursue it so badly?” I asked and immediately she widened her eyes and stared at me blankly.

            “Um…. I have a broken toe…” she excused but her eyes were shifting all over the place, not to mention the way she began playing with her fingers.

            Suspicious

            “That is the lamest excuse I’ve ever heard…” I lifted an eyebrow at her as she tried to shrug it off.

            “I-I guess, I just didn’t like it that much…” she nodded but I knew she was lying.

            “Why? Is there someone in the class you like?” I wiggled my eyebrows at her but she just scrunched up her face.

            “Whatttttt? No!” and her voice went too many octaves higher than usual.

            “Sure, lie to me. I’ll figure it out…” I smirked and the colour drained from her face.

            “Yah!” she whined and now it was my turn to smirk at her.

            Payback’s a .

           

 

            After class, we all assembled at the usual lunch table out in the garden as some still weren’t finished with classes and some had evening classes.

            “Jiyeon, I think Jongin said to meet him in the library, he wanted to ask you something” Suho said as he took a seat. I stared at him confused.

            “Did he say what it was about?” I asked.

            “No” came his short reply before he dug into his sandwich.

            “I’ll be back guys” I said and grabbed my things to head to the library.

 

            As I neared the corner, I saw two familiar persons talking to each other, but when I turned it, I felt my soul leave my body.

            Jongin and Taemin were talking....